Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hibs - Tuesday 6th May.
Must win. All that needs to be said.

Hibs have Nelson suspended for this one. I'd swap Slew with Arquin and bring back Oiko.

If we don't win I fear it's the playoffs for us.

Have to agree - now a must win game or we are in play-offs - we also need Hearts to beat Kilmarnock tomorrow......we all knew this was turning into a disastrous season a long way back - but maybe didn't think we'd see the lack of desire from so many players.

Simple fact is, we decided to invest in the stadium rather than invest in the squad during the summer - now that may come back to haunt us - attendances have been down, and will continue to drop if we end up in championship - not a good place for our club to be considering the money we have spent over the last two years!

Come on County - two more massive performances, or I'm afraid you will be playing more games!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

We didn't really have a lot of choice but to invest in the stadium....at least it's done....we can get on next season and find some players
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

That may be the case - but the product on the park has just not delivered this season and it's hard to accept when the desire from certain players is just not there when it counts!

Gutted at today's result as it leaves us with a mountain to climb and Hibs grabbing an important point will give them confidence for Tuesday, while we know we are in for a very nervy 90 minutes. I don't expect us to get anything from Partick in the final game given our atrocious away form - so Tuesday is now massive! Team need to take full advantage of the last home game - but so do the fans!

Our best chance of avoiding relegation is to avoid the play offs. I believe if we turn up and keep our nerve we have the beating of both Hibs and Partick.

I fear that if we find ourselves in the play off position we may well be beaten by either Hamilton or Falkirk who are both higher on confidence, more free scoring and will go into the play off with the mindset of having less to lose.

We have two games to save our season season.

PS. Memo to Arquin, you owe us a goal or two after your disappearing act. All will be forgiven if you deliver.

(05-03-2014, 08:48 PM)Brora Boy Wrote: Our best chance of avoiding relegation is to avoid the play offs. I believe if we turn up and keep our nerve we have the beating of both Hibs and Partick.

I fear that if we find ourselves in the play off position we may well be beaten by either Hamilton or Falkirk who are both higher on confidence, more free scoring and will go into the play off with the mindset of having less to lose.

We have two games to save our season season.

PS. Memo to Arquin, you owe us a goal or two after your disappearing act. All will be forgiven if you deliver.

Agreed - Arquin needs to redeem himself and what better way to do that than to score the winner in the two remaining games!

Shocked 
Looking forward to Tuesday. Would love to see Arquin and DeLeuw starting. - and scoring.! Win two games and we're safe - simplesSmile come on County

(05-03-2014, 05:50 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Have to agree - now a must win game or we are in play-offs - we also need Hearts to beat Kilmarnock tomorrow......we all knew this was turning into a disastrous season a long way back - but maybe didn't think we'd see the lack of desire from so many players.

Simple fact is, we decided to invest in the stadium rather than invest in the squad during the summer - now that may come back to haunt us - attendances have been down, and will continue to drop if we end up in championship - not a good place for our club to be considering the money we have spent over the last two years!

Come on County - two more massive performances, or I'm afraid you will be playing more games!

We invested in the stadium, and in the playing squad.
The East Stand was extended, and the surface was upgraded.
One could argue about the extension of the East Stand, but the surface required fixing.
We now have one of the best playing surfaces in the league, certainly has stood up very well over the winter.
And guess what, after all the slating it got last year; don’t recall any positive comments from the “WOSMA” “football experts” this year.
The money spent on the squad? Not sure how you can say no money was invested there?
We had several new faces in the squad at the start of the season, and then in the transfer window, the misfits were released and several new faces were introduced.

Likewise, a lack of desire is nonsensical. The players may have under performed - although that's questionable - but it certainly wasn't due to a lack of commitment.

We may have invested in the summer but not to the standard we should have given we knew that Aberdeen, Dundee Utd etc would all be better this time around! The Dutch project was a howling disaster of a decision and one that a number of us questioned at the start of the season.

Also, the major nose dive in performance from our so-called senior players looked to me like they were throwing their rattles out of the pram because their buddies were being let go. We also have a number of strange goings on in the background with players leaving under the "mutual consent" tag line?

It's no wonder that we then had to go out and sign a raft of players again in January and it's obvious some of them are just not up for the fight as they don't have a long-term vested interest in the club!

So, yes we are this season probably playing at the standard we should be playing at given our club size and location - but did we really need that east stand extension that is empty most of the time, did we really need the media centre when most of the time BT Sport stand outside?

Yes we have a wonderful stadium, but the most important thing is the product on the park. If you don't have that, then you don't have anything to sell!

(05-04-2014, 06:23 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: Likewise, a lack of desire is nonsensical. The players may have under performed - although that's questionable - but it certainly wasn't due to a lack of commitment.

So why do we find our team where it is in the league if it isn't for the reasons above? I didn't see much commitment, desire or performing yesterday.

Players are not performing it's that simple, call it a lack of heart, commitment, desire, or whatever....they are paid to play football....and I have not seen them do that properly for a while.....

We needed the stadium upgrades, and obviously the pitch needed fixed.....but the decision on who employ is where it has gone wrong,

One thing for sure though, we are a team from Dingwall....population 6000 and I for one still think we are doing better than a team from Dingwall ....?
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

We are really struggling at the moment, half of our players looked knackered yesterday.
Melvin is clearly not fit, Ketts is carrying an injury, Brittain probably shouldn't have played.
We are running on empty, and Hibs will be enthused by their point yesterday and a large noisy travelling support on Tuesday.

Book a day off for Wed 21st.

Wasn't going to come up for this.........however just committed to a seat in a car doing a up and down.

Its one of those situations you feel like you have to go, if they lose and i dint travel then id feel responsible in some sort of stupid way.

This is the time of the season everyone has to make the effort they can. As Stuart says Hibs will bring a loud Noisy support with them.

Let hope we can repeat that Cup QF spirit and send them packing with Nil Points.

HUGE GAME, for me bigger than any cup final etc etc
No sacrifice no victory 

Unfortunately I'm offshore and will miss this game. We all agree that a big noisy support is needed for Tuesday night. Now here's a daft or maybe not suggestion. Contact the club and ask if 1 the new seats that replaced the Wendy house can be opened up for a singing section, 2 if the plan is to use this for away fans like the last home game open up a section in the away stand behind the goal as a singing section. We make plenty of noise at away game so get everyone together and it might help kick start the rest of the ground. I know it's very late to arrange but with the power of social media it's possible.

Unfortunately living in Glasgow and having an exam at 9am on the wedensday morning I'll be missing my 3rd game of 2014, absolutely gutted I can't make it, we really need to pick up some points here or were in trouble hopefully a win thou

(05-04-2014, 12:46 PM)Hyndlandstaggie Wrote: Unfortunately living in Glasgow and having an exam at 9am on the wedensday morning

Some things are more important than exams

Given this weekend's sequence of results and the way the last day fixtures have fallen, this match is now huge. Beat Hibs on Tuesday and we are safe.

We need to get along to the stadium in large numbers and shout ourselves hoarse in backing for the boys.

Leave your manners at home, be heard, back the players 100%

We need to forget yesterday and realise that Tuesday is one if not the most important single games in our history.

Hibs fans seem to be fairly cocky after beating us 3 times this year. Hopefully MDL shakes of his knock, and gives us an hour at least.

we should really be filling the ground, and backing the team from the first whistle.

We also need to stay patient, and not get on the players backs. Sometime a ball backwards is the right thing to do (East Stand Goggers)

I want Iko to play LB and Gordon LM.
From Bottom of Highland League, to sitting at Scottish footballs top table.....If Carlsberg did Football stories!.
@JackMunro9