Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2 Average
Hearts Away - 19th April - MASSIVE Game
Its a wee while to this one comes around, But the first of the 5 cup finals we have coming up.

Hearts are on a roll 2 wins and a draw in the last 3. Already relegated however with all the ongoing around the club will be hugely motivated and backed by the fans.

We need a good performance from the team and the FANS.

It's potentially/HOPEFULLY our last visit to my favourite away venue always a cracking atmosphere and great view of the action. If you haven't been I strongly recommend getting the supports bus booked. These next 5 games are massive for our club.

What better than spending easter weekend in Edinburgh for the day Musselburgh races are on the Friday if anyone is making a weekend of it.

I don't have the details but could somebody list the ways which supports buses (plural) can be booked??
No sacrifice no victory 

Its simple must win game for us and hope that we can match st mirren and partick

Please pass on if it is via text, social media or just even in conversation that Saturday 19th April away to Hearts is Dark Blue Saturday! We are asking every County fan who is going to the game that they wear a Ross County home shirt either this season on previous seasons and if you don't have one of them then a Dark Blue Top! We want to try and get a massive backing on the day and the target is to try and get over 1000 County fans packed into Tynecastle and have a loud and proud vocal backing! How often have we heard County fans about creating atmosphere but this is a chance to show how much this means and give the players that 12th Man Backing! It's easy to turn up when we are playing well or in Cup Finals but it's more important to turn up now in Numbers! Let's really drive this and get as many down to the game! Let's make Saturday 19th a Dark Blue Day!

I think it's a great idea to try to get as many fans as possible to an away match post split and for those fans to back the team with as colourful and noisy a display as possible.

However, I wonder whether the Hearts match is the one to target. Points against Hearts are as useful as any but probably not as vital as picking up points against our play off rivals and a display even by 800 or so fans might get a bit lost in a stadium as big as Tynecastle.

I wonder if it would be better to target the St Mirren match as maybe against our closest rivals and at a size of stadium where a few hundred fans can make a much bigger impact.

Tynecastle is a better stadium for creating an atmosphere than SMP. Trying to get a decent support at both games would be a good idea but I think it's better to prioritise Hearts given that it's the first game.

Also, it might be worthwhile assigning a pub for away fans. I'm sure the bus will have it's own stop (Carrick Knowe?) but coming in by train, we've stopped at Ryries the past couple of times (although last time it was plastic cups and more expensive than previous visits). After the Celtic game I talked to a few people about potential pubs and there were a few suggestions (I'll post them below) but the Edinburgh Staggies can offer the best advice.

Suggestions were:

Ryries
The Roseburn
Any of the "Hearts" pubs down Gordie Road or next to the stadium (i.e., Tynecastle Arms, "Diggers", Robertsons)
Going to Grassmarket and then taxis over to Tynecastle

It would be quite good to get a bit of atmosphere started by drinking together, much like the fancy dress game which involved walking down Gorgie Road singing County songs.

I just think Brora Boy that the St Mirren Game will take care of itself as that's half way through the split and atmosphere is needed at Tynecastle more as Hearts fans even down will make their voice heard! Great idea about pubs as really want Edinburgh to be covered in Dark Blue that day and let the team know that fans are in town to support them! Think it is a good idea for fans to meet up before game at a pub to get atmosphere going so let's get venues suggested and co-ordinated! Really want to get large following down so please get supporters bus info up as soon as it is available but also train times, costs etc! Really think that is vital that we get a massive following down to this game as if we can win this game & Killie game then we could be just about safe before it gets to St Mirren away and want to get points on the board early rather than try and raise team later on in split!

I think we should try to encourage folk to come to the home games. I can quite see a few sub 3000 crowds just when we most need full houses.

Train times for Inverness to Edinburgh on Saturday 19th April are as follows:
06:50 direct
07:55 East Coast Direct
08:45 Change at Perth
09:41 direct
10:45 direct

Trains return from Edinburgh to Inverness on Saturday 19th April at:
17:41
19:41

Trains also leave Inverness to Edinburgh on Friday 18th April at the following times:
17:30 change at Perth
18:46 direct
20:15 change at Perth

Book train early to avoid disappointment.

(04-06-2014, 07:31 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: Tynecastle is a better stadium for creating an atmosphere than SMP. Trying to get a decent support at both games would be a good idea but I think it's better to prioritise Hearts given that it's the first game.

Also, it might be worthwhile assigning a pub for away fans. I'm sure the bus will have it's own stop (Carrick Knowe?) but coming in by train, we've stopped at Ryries the past couple of times (although last time it was plastic cups and more expensive than previous visits). After the Celtic game I talked to a few people about potential pubs and there were a few suggestions (I'll post them below) but the Edinburgh Staggies can offer the best advice.

Suggestions were:

Ryries
The Roseburn
Any of the "Hearts" pubs down Gordie Road or next to the stadium (i.e., Tynecastle Arms, "Diggers", Robertsons)
Going to Grassmarket and then taxis over to Tynecastle

It would be quite good to get a bit of atmosphere started by drinking together, much like the fancy dress game which involved walking down Gorgie Road singing County songs.

I like the sound of that place!
Has he got a final baaaalllll???    Shalk's there!!!!

In the excitement of #darkbluesaturday we may have forgotten there is an actual game taking place!

With Melvin suspended either Slew or Rocco will come in, I wouldn't be surprised if Rocco starts with Carey a bit further forward to help Arquin. Should we require a push later on then Slew could come on.
Or maybe the opposite, Slew starts and we go for it, with Rocco coming on later if we are protecting a lead.

In other words, I don't have a clue.

I think its unlucky on our part that the Hearts financial announcement was just prior to this game, they will get a boost from that and I'm sure the place will be buzzing.
Another aspect that worries me is that Hearts start playing some of their fringe kids in the coming weeks against the teams around us desperate for points. Can you imagine the seethe from Del if this happens.

We just need to take care of our own business though, its our own fault we are in this situation, lets see what the players are made of.

All the Hearts Fans down here seem delighted at the Idea of Hibs coming down with them and would happily see us pump them!

they all want the U15s rolled out.

It would add another twist to the season should we beat Hearts tomorrow comfortable and they then go onto to beat Hibs next weekend.

thats speculation however.

If we can keep 11 men on the park, im going for a 2-1 win to write the wring from earlier in the season.
No sacrifice no victory 

Due to my Grandad taking ill again, no game for me. Will be watching the scores with him tomorrow, we can win this game.

Although not my favourite, I would gladly have Ketts back in the team to try and stamp on Hamill as he runs that team, don't know who to take out though, maybe Tidser? We really so need points tomorrow as I am really worried if we don't get anything. 60mins with Ketts, obvious booking, Tidser on last half hour before Ketts gets sent off

Not sure Ketts would be ready, played 90 for U20s on Tuesday but that was his first action for quite a while.

Adams has to get the tactics right for tomorrow, we should have enough quality in every dept to be able to get a result - our side is stronger than the last time Hearts faced us!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Team line up
01 Brown
02 Cikos
26 Oikonomou
07 Kiss
28 Songo'o
05 Boyd
23 Carey
08 Brittain
25 Slew
12 Tidser
10 Quinn
Substitutes
03 Gordon
04 Kettlewell
16 Cooper
19 Macleod
20 Fraser
21 McLean
22 Saunders

Quote from a poster on Jambos Kickback
Ross County fans who had their buses laid on by their club all made donations to Hearts,our crowd gave them a standing ovation

County fans singing your going down with the Hibees

HT 0-0 quite end to end

Hamill has put them 1-0 up in what i think looks like a soft penalty, but during celebration get's himself sent off for taking down the gaffer

FT We lost 2-0 Worrying times. Thistle winning away. Looks like Hibs or us for the drop.
Not been at the game so shouldn't comment but it seems to me we just don't have what it takes to stay up. Something's seriously wrong...

2-0 defeat. Any reason why Adams brought on 2 defenders when chasing the game and the opposition were down to 10 men?