Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scottish Cup Final 2014
(05-18-2014, 10:32 AM)Fleackeuy Wrote: A lot of the Arabs "deserted" the stadium long before the end.
QUOTE!
At least the vast majority of Ross County supporters stayed back to salute the team in the 2010 cup final.

Except they didn't. All the gloryhunters spewed out of the stands when the 3rd went in. Infuriating to see. My section was only about a third full by the time the team were getting their medals.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

Has any team lost as many Scottish Cup Finals as Dundee United?

Exciting cup final yesterday
Well done St.Johnstone, full marks to Tommy Wright got his tactics spot on,
He certainly knows how to nullify the United attacking threat,
And comes across as a decent bloke in his interviews.

Good to see Gary Miller give his winners medal to his emotional father Sammy,
Sammy is recovering from a recent accident, so nice one Gaz,

(05-18-2014, 11:44 AM)Spain Wrote:
(05-18-2014, 10:32 AM)Fleackeuy Wrote: A lot of the Arabs "deserted" the stadium long before the end.
QUOTE!
At least the vast majority of Ross County supporters stayed back to salute the team in the 2010 cup final.

Except they didn't. All the gloryhunters spewed out of the stands when the 3rd went in. Infuriating to see. My section was only about a third full by the time the team were getting their medals.

Really?
I never thought it was that bad?
All the people in our area stayed to the very end.
I guess when you are focused on the game and immediate surroundings you don't see the other events/areas.
Look forward to our next Scottish Cup final, hopefully winning by 2 or 3 goals and witness the opposition fans leaving.

Spain is correct it felt like half the support left early.

(05-18-2014, 11:44 AM)Spain Wrote:
QUOTE!

Some might have gone but most of us Glory Hunters that had travelled a fair way stayed to the end. Angel

(05-19-2014, 08:38 AM)dorsetstaggie Wrote:
(05-18-2014, 11:44 AM)Spain Wrote: Except they didn't. All the gloryhunters spewed out of the stands when the 3rd went in. Infuriating to see. My section was only about a third full by the time the team were getting their medals.

Some might have gone but most of us Glory Hunters that had travelled a fair way stayed to the end. Angel

Yeah funny how we all have different experiences at the same game, where I was it seemed nobody left until after the cup presentation and looking at the 10s of thousands of Staggies around me I wouldnt have thought anyone had left early!

Ah....memories....

(05-19-2014, 12:49 PM)theweehighlander Wrote:
(05-19-2014, 08:38 AM)dorsetstaggie Wrote: Some might have gone but most of us Glory Hunters that had travelled a fair way stayed to the end. Angel

Yeah funny how we all have different experiences at the same game, where I was it seemed nobody left until after the cup presentation and looking at the 10s of thousands of Staggies around me I wouldnt have thought anyone had left early!

Ah....memories....

I agree, where I was sitting it looked like no one had left early ....the seats were still full...can't say I noticed any of the other areas...but the trains were absolutely mental on the way back to Glasgow centre
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

Me my bairns and all our friends stayed until after Utd got the trophy, i made a point of staying to applaud County up the steps to receive their medals, however a lot of folk did leave early but i couldn't say how noticeable it was to others.

Hate the term glory hunters, some people can be so smug and pious. Correct me if I'm wrong, don't glory hunters pay the same admission as everyone else?, shouldn't we be thankful for every penny who pays and stop this, "I'm better than you coz I was at Gayfield in 98 in the snow"
Wish I bloody left early, two frigging hours it took me to get out of weedgeland!

(05-20-2014, 09:28 PM)Alfiesdad Wrote: Hate the term glory hunters, some people can be so smug and pious. Correct me if I'm wrong, don't glory hunters pay the same admission as everyone else?, shouldn't we be thankful for every penny who pays and stop this, "I'm better than you coz I was at Gayfield in 98 in the snow"
Wish I bloody left early, two frigging hours it took me to get out of weedgeland!

Well said young man......
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(05-20-2014, 09:28 PM)Alfiesdad Wrote: Hate the term glory hunters, some people can be so smug and pious. Correct me if I'm wrong, don't glory hunters pay the same admission as everyone else?, shouldn't we be thankful for every penny who pays and stop this, "I'm better than you coz I was at Gayfield in 98 in the snow"

I hear what you're saying but the term just reflects the frustration felt when you see the attendances at big games and wonder where we could be if we could get even a fifth of those people to come on a regular basis. We all know that a good deal of the fans came from too far away to go regularly but lots of them could come more often and potentially give us more glory days for all of us. It's not smug or pious to feel that frustration but just as the term glory hunter obviously rankles name calling and sarcasm isn't the answer.

(05-21-2014, 07:46 AM)staggie52 Wrote:

I hear what you're saying but the term just reflects the frustration felt when you see the attendances at big games and wonder where we could be if we could get even a fifth of those people to come on a regular basis. We all know that a good deal of the fans came from too far away to go regularly but lots of them could come more often and potentially give us more glory days for all of us. It's not smug or pious to feel that frustration but just as the term glory hunter obviously rankles name calling and sarcasm isn't the answer.

Every business has the same issue....we don't all go bowling on the same night...but I am not a Bowling Glory Hunter!!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

I agree!
We should try and encourage as many supporters along every week, the more the better, season ticket holders or not, glory hunters or not.
Pay the admission and take your seat.

2 hours to get out?
Another reason why “HAMPDUMP” should be demolished and resituated.
Preferably near Stirling, central for the whole of Scotland, not just the West of Scotland, and in particular the Fat Cat SFA mob that can’t be bothered moving outside Glasgow.
End of Rant!

(05-21-2014, 12:07 PM)Stiflers old man Wrote:
(05-21-2014, 07:46 AM)staggie52 Wrote: I hear what you're saying but the term just reflects the frustration felt when you see the attendances at big games and wonder where we could be if we could get even a fifth of those people to come on a regular basis. We all know that a good deal of the fans came from too far away to go regularly but lots of them could come more often and potentially give us more glory days for all of us. It's not smug or pious to feel that frustration but just as the term glory hunter obviously rankles name calling and sarcasm isn't the answer.

Every business has the same issue....we don't all go bowling on the same night...but I am not a Bowling Glory Hunter!!!

I don't actually see the point your making unless you only went to big bowling matches, if there are such things, but I wasn't defending the term, just making the point why some people get frustrated and use it.

Cup final day I was out of work at the time and was rather skint, but still managed out for a pint to watch the game. I remember storming out when the 3rd when in with a full pint on the bar, just a reaction to the team I love getting beat. Don't be hard on folk that leave early, everyone reacts differently and illogically at times like this. I have never left a game early but can understand why folk would find the need to.