Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scottish Cup Final 2014
The “MUPPETS” at the SFA in Glasgow have just announced Celtic Park as the venue for the 2014 Scottish Cup Final.
No disrespect to Celtic, but this is absolutely shocking.
Okay! Come on; give the opinions why it is ok?
Murrayfield anyone?

Advantage Celtic Regan a great Celtic fan

No need to make a decision at this time until we know who the final 4 are. This was purely done with the old firm in mind.

The two semi's at Ibrox and the final at Parkhead. So it looks like they are fair to both of them. ie if you meet each other in the semi it will be at Ibrox and if you meet in the final it will be at Parkhead.

If we draw Rangers in the Semi - it will be played at Ibrox, that is crazy and shows the authorities still pander to the old firm.

Murrayfield would have been a better venue for the final if the old firm met.
From Bottom of Highland League, to sitting at Scottish footballs top table.....If Carlsberg did Football stories!.
@JackMunro9

Is there any news on what's caused the blackout Friday night, surely by now hydro has found fault
Is it inside or outside

(10-30-2013, 05:46 PM)Gadgigadgi Wrote: Is there any news on what's caused the blackout Friday night, surely by now hydro has found fault
Is it inside or outside

You must work for British Rail as you are off track again.

Murrayfield should be the Venue but as usual the old firm are the winners everyone else has to pay.
You can take the People out of the Highlands but not the Highlands out of the People

Celtic park is by far the best stadium in Scotland, but if they make the final,I am pretty sure it would be switched to Ibrox. Celtic played Raith Rovers there in 1994. The SFA would never allow the final to be played outside Glasgow.

(10-30-2013, 01:37 PM)Fleackeuy Wrote: The “MUPPETS” at the SFA in Glasgow have just announced Celtic Park as the venue for the 2014 Scottish Cup Final.
No disrespect to Celtic, but this is absolutely shocking.
Okay! Come on; give the opinions why it is ok?
Murrayfield anyone?

Because Murrayfield is a rugby stadium, a huge amount of money would go to the SRU, and not the SFA, so the football fraternity would lose out. It boils down to money, pure and simple, as what happens in most businesses.
Biggest football stadium in Scotland is Parkhead, and aren't people being a bit presumptuous that Celtic or Rangers or both will be involved at that stage?

(10-30-2013, 07:16 PM)kenthehood Wrote: Celtic park is by far the best stadium in Scotland,

That's right it's bigger than Murrayfield
Its has facilities are better than Murrayfield
It has better transport links than Murrayfield
It has more Parking around it than Murrayfield

I know the SFA want to keep money within football, but why turn your nose up at what is an excellent stadium.
As for costs I bet Celtic and Rangers are charging similar amounts to host the game as Murrayfield would!

(10-31-2013, 07:50 AM)thejailender Wrote:
(10-30-2013, 07:16 PM)kenthehood Wrote: Celtic park is by far the best stadium in Scotland,

That's right it's bigger than Murrayfield

I know the SFA want to keep money within football, but why turn your nose up at what is an excellent stadium.
As for costs I bet Celtic and Rangers are charging similar amounts to host the game as Murrayfield would!

Aye Jailender! You are usually spot on with facts etc.
But on this occasion you are either extracting the proverbial or?
As, correct me if I am wrong, none of the items listed are true/correct?
Murrayfield is, one of the largest capacity stadiums in the UK, (and by several thousand more than Parkhead).
The seating, viewing, etc. is far superior to Parkhead (overall)
Facilities, hospitality etc. (no comparison)
Transport links etc. well Scotland in general is a joke as far as that is concerned. (Parkhead and Murrayfield are on par with each other there)
Simple fact is, the LAZY fat cats at the SFA can’t be bothered moving their backsides out of Glasgow.
OH! Before any hacked of Celtic supporter takes the Huff! Parkhead is one of the best football stadiums in Scotland.
It’s just an opinion, if Celtic reach the final, it could/should be played elsewhere!
What the >>>> are they going to do if it’s an Old Firm final?

(10-30-2013, 07:16 PM)kenthehood Wrote: Celtic park is by far the best stadium in Scotland

I've not been to CP but it seems every week on Twitter there's someone putting a picture up of their view from the away end.

They can't see half of the pitch.

Hold on, people would rather the money went to Celtic or Rangers (the rich get richer in Scottish football) than the SRU. Baffling stuff.

(10-31-2013, 10:01 AM)Fleackeuy Wrote:
(10-31-2013, 07:50 AM)thejailender Wrote: That's right it's bigger than Murrayfield

Aye Jailender! You are usually spot on with facts etc.
But on this occasion you are either extracting the proverbial or?
As, correct me if I am wrong, none of the items listed are true/correct?
Murrayfield is, one of the largest capacity stadiums in the UK, (and by several thousand more than Parkhead).
The seating, viewing, etc. is far superior to Parkhead (overall)
Facilities, hospitality etc. (no comparison)
Transport links etc. well Scotland in general is a joke as far as that is concerned. (Parkhead and Murrayfield are on par with each other there)
Simple fact is, the LAZY fat cats at the SFA can’t be bothered moving their backsides out of Glasgow.
OH! Before any hacked of Celtic supporter takes the Huff! Parkhead is one of the best football stadiums in Scotland.
It’s just an opinion, if Celtic reach the final, it could/should be played elsewhere!
What the >>>> are they going to do if it’s an Old Firm final?

Short of issuing an irony warning I don't know what more The Jailender could have done to flag up the fact that he was being ironic.

no team should be allowed home advantage for a final.

(10-31-2013, 07:58 PM)willwelcome Wrote: no team should be allowed home advantage for a final.

Agreed, it's looking likely that Celtic will be there....they should move it if this ends up being the case...
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

(11-01-2013, 08:21 AM)Stiflers old man Wrote:
(10-31-2013, 07:58 PM)willwelcome Wrote: no team should be allowed home advantage for a final.

Agreed, it's looking likely that Celtic will be there....they should move it if this ends up being the case...

They haven't played a game yet in this seasons competition,and you have got them in the Final already. Morton beat them at home in the League Cup.

(11-01-2013, 10:13 AM)kenthehood Wrote:
(11-01-2013, 08:21 AM)Stiflers old man Wrote: Agreed, it's looking likely that Celtic will be there....they should move it if this ends up being the case...

They haven't played a game yet in this seasons competition,and you have got them in the Final already. Morton beat them at home in the League Cup.

yep...this one will be different now though as the final is at their home
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

(11-01-2013, 01:20 PM)Stiflers old man Wrote:
(11-01-2013, 10:13 AM)kenthehood Wrote: They haven't played a game yet in this seasons competition,and you have got them in the Final already. Morton beat them at home in the League Cup.

yep...this one will be different now though as the final is at their home

So they wouldn't try so hard if the final was at another ground?

(11-01-2013, 10:25 PM)tattiedave Wrote:
(11-01-2013, 01:20 PM)Stiflers old man Wrote: yep...this one will be different now though as the final is at their home

So they wouldn't try so hard if the final was at another ground?

If they do make the final they would be playing in front of their lowest 'home' crowd of the season because the opposition will have about 20,000 and SFA hangers-on etc 15,000 only leaving about 25,000 for home fans

Congratulations to St Johnstone winning the cup yesterday. Power to the so called diddly teams!
One thing I did find strange ,was that there was no sign of that famous Dundee Utd supporter Craig Levein decked out in tangerine,like he was in 2010? What a k#~b.

What an odd thread this is.

Attendance given as 47,000.
Not bad, but, why did the beaks not fill stadium opposite the cameras first?
The large gap opposite the main stand looked out of place, and with a little more careful planning could have been avoided.

A lot of the Arabs "deserted" the stadium long before the end.
QUOTE!
At least the vast majority of Ross County supporters stayed back to salute the team in the 2010 cup final.