Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sportscene 19th May...
Just watched the Sportscene coverage of the game and that c*** Butcher has left me raging with his four finger gesture at the end. What a monumental bell end. God, I hope he fecks off in the summer.

I was delighted to see him wound up at the end of the game yesterday.

But, outwith the rivalry and all the nonsense that goes with it, I like Terry Butcher.

He's spoken very well of County frequently, he's really passionate and wears his heart on his sleeve, I like people like that involved in football.

Aye, he's kicked a few doors and smashed a dugout, a bad loser, but bad losers are good at winning! Our own manager is cut from the same cloth.

(05-20-2013, 10:39 PM)Billy7Ferries Wrote: I was delighted to see him wound up at the end of the game yesterday.

But, outwith the rivalry and all the nonsense that goes with it, I like Terry Butcher.

He's spoken very well of County frequently, he's really passionate and wears his heart on his sleeve, I like people like that involved in football.

Aye, he's kicked a few doors and smashed a dugout, a bad loser, but bad losers are good at winning! Our own manager is cut from the same cloth.

"a bad loser, but bad losers are good at winning"
I think I know what you mean?
Anyway, give Butchers job to Charlene Christie! See how good she does the next time?

I like Butcher too. He did absolutely nothing wrong at the end of the game, in fact he was on excellent -and typically generous - form.

DA beat him.....he is allowed to be annoyed as his hopes and dreams of Europe were crushed by the mighty county Big Grin
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

Going by all reports nobody at ICT was overly disappointed about missing out on a European place other than their fans. The expense of playing in the lowest end of the Europa League is incredible, especially if you're knocked out before anyone of note arrives.
DPM Catering
Twitter | Facebook

Sportscene's coverage of the game was woeful as usual, no footage of any of the yellow cards or bone crunching tackles, no footage of the Caley fans celebrating Motherwell's 'goal' no explanation of why Norris blew his whistle after Vigurs hit the post with his free kick at the end and no footage of St Johnstone fans celebrating our goal(unless of course they didn't)
As usual MOTD's coverage of the last day in England totally eclipsed anything Sportscene does.
All season we've looked at Sportscenes highlights?? And wondered if we've been at the same game.

(05-21-2013, 06:49 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: I like Butcher too. He did absolutely nothing wrong at the end of the game, in fact he was on excellent -and typically generous - form.

I too have a lot of time for the bumptious big fella but I thought he made himself look a wee bit silly at the end with the arm waving to get the crowd roaring in time as per what he does for wins and last minute draws. They lost the game and I think a more sensible approach would have been to walk in front and simply clap the Inverness fans for their efforts, they did stay a lot longer than I thought they would.

Nice to see Del engaging in a wee bit of that tomfoolery in front of the jailend though but that's cool because WE WON!
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

(05-21-2013, 04:15 PM)dawyckstag Wrote: no explanation of why Norris blew his whistle after Vigurs hit the post with his free kick at the end

Ahem...... http://www.overthebridge.info/showthread...993&page=6

"Something you don't see very often today - Vigurs free kick near the end which hit the post, and came back to him, and he played it without any other player touchline it in-between. The ref immediately blew - well done to him, as a few refs would have missed that. You see it at penalties occasionally, but it is rare at free kicks."

(05-21-2013, 10:19 PM)Five Minutes from the Ground Wrote:
(05-21-2013, 04:15 PM)dawyckstag Wrote: no explanation of why Norris blew his whistle after Vigurs hit the post with his free kick at the end

Ahem...... http://www.overthebridge.info/showthread...993&page=6

"Something you don't see very often today - Vigurs free kick near the end which hit the post, and came back to him, and he played it without any other player touchline it in-between. The ref immediately blew - well done to him, as a few refs would have missed that. You see it at penalties occasionally, but it is rare at free kicks."
Are you Hugh Dallas in disguise.... well done 5mins no one around me could understand why Norris gave the free kick to Caley, all the more reason for Sportscene to show this as it's something you rarely see and refs should get praise for doing something correct as we're quick to critisise.

I think Butcher has been a lot more diplomatic this season than DA. DA has let his emotions make him look a bit petty at times, not just against ICT. Butcher has had his moments and outbursts, but he usually speaks well of RC and the football in the Highlands.

(05-22-2013, 04:46 PM)Harrys Mate Wrote: I think Butcher has been a lot more diplomatic this season than DA. DA has let his emotions make him look a bit petty at times, not just against ICT. Butcher has had his moments and outbursts, but he usually speaks well of RC and the football in the Highlands.

Butcher would rather go around kicking things to bits.

Anyway, why can't you just go and post rubbish on your own forum?

(05-22-2013, 05:02 PM)wemyss77 Wrote:
(05-22-2013, 04:46 PM)Harrys Mate Wrote: I think Butcher has been a lot more diplomatic this season than DA. DA has let his emotions make him look a bit petty at times, not just against ICT. Butcher has had his moments and outbursts, but he usually speaks well of RC and the football in the Highlands.

Another sheep! Just because others call me an ICT fan for having a different opinion, the rest follow.

(05-22-2013, 05:44 PM)Harrys Mate Wrote: Another sheep! Just because others call me an ICT fan for having a different opinion, the rest follow.

You're not exactly positive towards anyone or anything connected with Ross County though?

(05-22-2013, 05:44 PM)Harrys Mate Wrote:

Another sheep! Just because others call me an ICT fan for having a different opinion, the rest follow.

No, it's because you are a terrible ICT troll that people call you a terrible ICT troll. Like I say, ICT's social media policy covers all employees of the club, not just players. The fact that you are so transparent just means you really need to watch yourself. And nobody bites, that's the thing.

Not at all. I have read your posts and have made up my own mind. It is more than obvious what you are trying to do and it is fairly obvious most folk have clicked. If you are an ICT fan, which we all well aware you are, then post openly as such as you would be a dam sight more respect.

(05-22-2013, 06:00 PM)Savage Henry Wrote:

No, it's because you are a terrible ICT troll that people call you a terrible ICT troll. Like I say, ICT's social media policy covers all employees of the club, not just players. The fact that you are so transparent just means you really need to watch yourself. And nobody bites, that's the thing.

If I come across as a troll, it could be because my views don't toe the party line, and its an easy response. Rather than listen to different views, you take the simpleton route, "He must be an ICT fan"
As for being an ICT player/employee, I don't even live in the Highlands, never mind Inverness!!

(05-22-2013, 06:57 PM)Harrys Mate Wrote:
(05-22-2013, 06:00 PM)Savage Henry Wrote:

If I come across as a troll, it could be because my views don't toe the party line, and its an easy response. Rather than listen to different views, you take the simpleton route, "He must be an ICT fan"
As for being an ICT player/employee, I don't even live in the Highlands, never mind Inverness!!

Start acting like a County fan then, simple. We are on here as we love our club, you seem to have nothing positive to say, about anything Ross County.

Twitter and message boards (I don't do FB, but probably that too) has gone downhill this season due to the nugget ICT trolls, who seem to be more obsessed with County than their own club. I thought Dundee and Falkirk were bad last season but give me them any day, at least they were funny.

There's only one Maradona