Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Paul Lawson Appreciation Thread
(05-27-2013, 11:37 PM)yank Wrote: unless we find new young talent to develop into the talent

Ross County have developed Vigurs, Brittain and Lawson. They were good when they came to Ross County, but they wern't as good or as well known as they are now. Lawson was still relativly low profile and underrated but good scouting by McCall and Motherwell realised not just his potential, but his actual ability. If Lawson was playing for Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen or DUFC then Radio Scotland and Daily Record and co would have been shouting from the rooftops about him, and would probably have a few Scotland caps by now.

Of course we can't find developed talent to replace developed talent, and I'm very glad we have excellent scouting for raw talent to find the Vigurs and Lawsons of tomorrow.
"the beach balls are burst" Derek Adams 19/05/13

(05-28-2013, 02:05 PM)dingwall.cof Wrote:
(05-27-2013, 11:37 PM)yank Wrote: unless we find new young talent to develop into the talent

Ross County have developed Vigurs, Brittain and Lawson. They were good when they came to Ross County, but they wern't as good or as well known as they are now. Lawson was still relativly low profile and underrated but good scouting by McCall and Motherwell realised not just his potential, but his actual ability. If Lawson was playing for Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen or DUFC then Radio Scotland and Daily Record and co would have been shouting from the rooftops about him, and would probably have a few Scotland caps by now.

Of course we can't find developed talent to replace developed talent, and I'm very glad we have excellent scouting for raw talent to find the Vigurs and Lawsons of tomorrow.

A point I recently made in my weekly column. Adams is brilliant at it. He signs players initially as bit part players, then eventually gives them free reign. Brittain, Lawson, perhaps most of all Kettlewell... same process. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Glen play for County for a good few seasons.

It needs a certain selflessness from players - the ones not willing to be so are often chucked despite being decent players. A recent release is evidence of that.

Brewster gets the credit for vigurs tho, it was him that brought vigurs to Adams attention. Brew obviously had an insight tho having given vigurs his chance at caley.

Excellent post Dingwall.cof

As for Lawson himself, he's one of my all time favourite players in a County shirt without question. Gutted he's gone but we move on just as he's chosen to do. He deserves to be at what are currently the 2nd best team in the country. I agree with Dingwall.cof that he could probably have had a handful of Scotland caps under his belt by now were he elsewhere, let's see how he gets on. What County have achieved since the 2nd Division has been phenomenal, Boyd and Lawson have risen to very every challenge as successfully as the club overall have so all best to him.