Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dundee Away - Christmas Jumper day
Watched it on Alba last night, from the highlights we played some nice constructive football which is a big improvement from the hopeful long upfield punt, we're begining to look like a footballing side now.
Defensively my main concern was defending the back post from crosses, three or four times in the 1st half Fraser lost out at the back post allowing a header back across goal which is worrying as he’s supposed to be a centre half. Same happened to VDW a couple of times and he also has a tendency to get caught wrong side but he managed to recover. Other that that the defence played well and I like the fact we were prepared to play out rather than the hopeful hoof. Signs of progress.
Dingwall put himself about well but looked rusty and Dow took one for the team, something we haven’t been prepared to do in the past and its cost us when teams have broken on us. I do like the look of Routis and Chow together, they're a very solid pairing but with them being solid and defensive we need real threat on both wings, Midge put in his usual shift but I'm sory to say we missed Burke. I also thought Midge was struggling with the speed of the surface when trying to go past a player and with close control.
Was the grass particularly long and sticky? Many simple passes were slightly under hit turning them into only just got there / 50 50s and some interceptions. I felt if we had zipped the ball we could have broken them down much easier, perhaps the team’s been training on the artificial pitch. Thoughts about the surface fromthose in attendance would be interesting as I may just be blowing smoke.

Other than the back post crosses Dundee offered nothing going forward so they really were there for the taking. Couldn’t see anything wrong with Boyce’s goal and their keeper made a fantastic save to deny Schalk. Summing up, good footballing performance which deserved a win but the spine of the team Fox, Davies, McEverley, Routis, Curran and Boyce is definitely something positive to build on for the rest of the season.
Mon County but the Sheep will be a very different proposition.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dundee Away - Christmas Jumper day - by dorsetstaggie - 12-12-2016, 08:44 PM