Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dundee United at home
Tomorrow we welcome Dundee United who are not in their best form. In my opinion we were lucky to beat Hamilton as even though the stats showed we were the better team I thought we were pretty toothless up front until the changes were made , with that in mind I’d go for:

Laidlaw 
Naismith Watson Morris hjelde 
Gardyne draper Kelly Lakin Hylton
Shaw

But would not be surprised to see white , McKay or Paton start although the latter along with iacovitti both need a spell on the bench imo as mistakes are creeping into each of their respective games

Think we'll probably start with a similar to team to Accies- with White and the like coming on later.

Iacovitti at centre half is just asking for Shankland to score off a mistake.

(02-05-2021, 04:24 PM)Diotor Wrote: Think we'll probably start with a similar to team to Accies- white White and the like coming on later.

Iacovitti at centre half is just asking for Shankland to score off a mistake.
Iacovitti has been pretty solid for us but I think DDU pace would be his undoing I would start Draper to disrupt there midfield and put white upfront with Shaw DDU fall apart when under pressure we need to get at them in there own box and not let them run at us 
And just for once it would be nice for Laidlaw to be able to release the ball early to one of our players in front of him instead of having to look over his shoulder to find a blue shirt we are ridiculously slow moving out after any attack  
3 2 county after the usual diving all over the park by DDU

(02-05-2021, 05:32 PM)county AML Wrote: 3 2 county after the usual diving all over the park by DDU
A legacy of Robbie Neilson

(02-05-2021, 01:03 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: Tomorrow we welcome Dundee United who are not in their best form. In my opinion we were lucky to beat Hamilton as even though the stats showed we were the better team I thought we were pretty toothless up front until the changes were made , with that in mind I’d go for:

Laidlaw 
Naismith Watson Morris hjelde 
Gardyne draper Kelly Lakin Hylton
Shaw

But would not be surprised to see white , McKay or Paton start although the latter along with iacovitti both need a spell on the bench imo as mistakes are creeping into each of their respective games

Don’t totally disagree with back 4 but maybe a bit harsh on Iacovitti.

need Draper in front of the 4

then would go with Gardyne Kelly Hylton

White and Shaw together up front

we should go for the jugular, get in their face from 1st minute.

as the man says let them know they are in a game, 
and let’s put in as much effort and backtracking as Livingston did against us

we can play proper football but all the great teams have grit and defend from the front, we are not doing that yet....let’s start tomorrow 

looking forward to the game !

Match purchased also a new bottle of Whyte & McKay! Mon the staggies.

(02-05-2021, 08:02 PM)tattiedave Wrote: A legacy of Robbie Neilson

Spud on as usual Tattie.
As we say in these parts!
He went down like a sack o tatties!

(02-05-2021, 09:32 PM)Brick on the wall Wrote: Don’t totally disagree with back 4 but maybe a bit harsh on Iacovitti.

need Draper in front of the 4

then would go with Gardyne Kelly Hylton

White and Shaw together up front

we should go for the jugular, get in their face from 1st minute.

as the man says let them know they are in a game, 
and let’s put in as much effort and backtracking as Livingston did against us

we can play proper football but all the great teams have grit and defend from the front, we are not doing that yet....let’s start tomorrow 

looking forward to the game !
poor first half really slack passing would take Kelly off and replace with Draper we need more power in the midfield to push up on there defence

(02-06-2021, 04:59 PM)county AML Wrote: poor first half really slack passing would take Kelly off and replace with Draper we need more power in the midfield to push up on there defence

Spot in!

(02-06-2021, 05:15 PM)MOGO Wrote: Spot in!

Oops!
Spot on.

Shocker!
From the giveaway at the Jailend, few touches, bang in the back of net.
Ouch!

Here we go , down like sacks o tatties time.
Having said that another poor marking incident.
Come back Draper & Vigurs.

No real surprise. Lucky to beat Hamilton, another poor performance.

Very unlikely to beat teams with a lightweight midfield. Need some strength there. We are too easily knocked off the ball and not pressing opponents enough.

Edwards had White in his pocket all match so you have to change things ( I.e. the style of play) we didn’t, until we changed everything, again. Must have thought a second stroke of luck just comes if you make lots of changes at the same time. We were lucky it worked v Hamilton but let’s not adopt it as a strategy.
Not sure they all knew what they were doing ? For example Iacovitti looked really comfortable in right midfield !!

To be fair after being extremely lucky that Shankland missed some great chances in the first half I thought that we just might score first. Have to say however that the whole team needs shooting practice and also need to learn how to get power in a shot! There was not a powerful shot all game.

Hope you have a big drawing board Yogi because you need to get right back to it !

A very meh performance need to start grinding out results , I’ve seen us worse but also better , andreu surprised me today as he was quite a clever player in the middle taking up positions no one else seems to , white and McKay looked like a potential partnership too , tremarco solid enough with hjelde replaced iacovitti at centre back efficiently

Really enjoy having Stephen Craigan on rctv , think we can be proud of our clubs efforts in regards to match coverage so far this season

Hard to disagree with the comments above.
Just about sums up today’s overall performance.
Yes, we need shooting practice.
We are back to the old ways, one touch too many, back to the keeper, getting caught cheaply in possession, in particular midfield.
All our crosses into the box were easily met by the defence, some straight to the keeper.
Thought Tremarco put a good shift in, good solid tackles.

Corners and dead balls - ever heard of putting someone on the posts ?

2 home wins all season is it? Thinking 11th is the only realistic target now?

Different manager ... same dross. Looking forward to the play-off against Dundee. Hopefully supporters are back for these games. COYS

Yogi can only do so much with the $h*te he has to use tbh.

(02-06-2021, 11:29 PM)falkirkstaggie Wrote: Yogi can only do so much with the $h*te he has to use tbh.
In a nutshell!

Who in their right mind let’s Kelly take corners?

(02-06-2021, 11:47 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Who in their right mind let’s Kelly take corners?

has he ever managed to get it over the first man?