OvertheBridge
County v Jambos - Printable Version

+- OvertheBridge (http://www.overthebridge.info)
+-- Forum: Forums (http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: In The Jailend (http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: County v Jambos (/showthread.php?tid=797)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

County v Jambos - Bovril Boy - 12-27-2012

Nobody started a thread on this yet so thought I would kick one off.

What's the thoughts on team, formation and possible outcome?

I'll predict at least a draw from this and hopefully Lawson making a start.

RE: County v Jambos - Stiflers old man - 12-27-2012

Normally I am against the Adams formation of one up front,..but I have to admit it seemed to slow Hibs down and worked...think a similar setup against hearts will probably work well....although I would like county to go straight out attacking with 2 up front.....

RE: County v Jambos - Capital_Stag - 12-27-2012

My team

...............Fraser

Kova....Boyd....Munro..Fitzpatrick

Brittain...Lawson....Quinn....Copper
..................Vigurs
.............Mcmenamin

A win would pull us close to midtable.

p.s = No tossers booing or get on the players backs. I have seen it in the last 3 games I have attended. Let get right behind them. We are 9 points ahead of bottom which I would have taken in August.

RE: County v Jambos - wemyss77 - 12-28-2012

Looking forward to attending this one, think we can get at least a point from this one after the fantastic result Yesterday!

Lets get right behind the team and play our part in getting a win!!!

RE: County v Jambos - Wicky - 12-28-2012

Hearts' form has been so patchy there is no reason why we cannot get 3 points. It will certainly be good if we can win this one, and take some good form and confidence into our next match. Three wins would be a good way to go in to the winter break, with the prospect of some new faces to look forward to.

RE: County v Jambos - Comrie - 12-28-2012

This game could depend on how/if John Sutton plays. We've struggled recently against powerful target men and if he keeps going up against Boyd, he'll win 85% of the headers aimed at him. Neutralize that and we've got every chance of getting 3 points.

RE: County v Jambos - Billy7Ferries - 12-28-2012

Regarding selection, I suppose the big talking point is who will come in for Ketts.

I'm unsure as to whether Lawson will get the shout, Vigurs and Britain could both start centrally either alongside each other or beside Fotheringham. Corcoran, Quinn and Cooper are available to play wide, obviously allowing for Vigurs and Brittain to play centrally if need be.

Hearts have only won once on their travels, so as long as we play to our full capabilities, they will find it tough coming to Dingwall.

Another 3 points would be the perfect preparation going into the Caley game.

RE: County v Jambos - Bovril Boy - 12-28-2012

(12-28-2012, 08:52 AM)Comrie Wrote: This game could depend on how/if John Sutton plays. We've struggled recently against powerful target men and if he keeps going up against Boyd, he'll win 85% of the headers aimed at him. Neutralize that and we've got every chance of getting 3 points.

I though Lawson did well winning a few headers in midfield against Hibs and certainly helped us weather the storm of attacks towards the end of the game. He has to get a start surely!

RE: County v Jambos - thejailender - 12-28-2012

This is a game we could win I think.

We handled Hearts quite well down at Tynecastle apart from the last minute onslaught.

As for who should replace Kettlewell, to me it's a no brainer and Lawson should be in there. The composure he added to the midfield and defence I think was the reason we ended up winning the game.

I'd also keep Cooper for this game, a little bit of pace I think will cause Hearts full back problems. as their defence didn't look that good when we ran at them down there, so for that reason I'd probably also keep Glenn in the starting line up, and take McMenamin on later on in the game.

Nothing to fear in this game though

RE: County v Jambos - Chewbacca - 12-28-2012

I'd agree with TJE, would like to see lawson coming in for Ketts to sit in front of the back 4 (and take the ball off them rather than punting it up the field) and releasing Vigurs and Brittain/Quinn further forward, keep Cooper on the left and Brittain/Quinn on the right. Saying that, Cooper and Quinn looked shattered towards the end of the game on Wednesday so I wonder if they have recovered (Cooper more likely to recover quickly than Quinn I feel). May see one/both left out because of this.

I also feel we need a quick striker who will run Webster and Zaliukas, combined with Lawson playing the ball over their heads, making them turn, should create space for our midfiled on the edge of the box (Vigurs, Brittain, Quinn) to get shots in. Glenn or Ross perhaps? The balls need to be accurate however as Webster and Zaliukas will win headers against our strikers without much difficulty..... thus the importance of Lawson.

I was arguing that Brown should be rested and Fraser given another shot a few weeks ago, but it shouldn't happen this week after a very good performance by Brown against Hibs. Boyd and Munro were immense on Wednesday, and if Sutton is playing at his best, they will need to play well to keep him quiet, he is such a nuisance even if he doesnt score that many goals.

We can win this one, but it won't be easy, and we will need to be as organised and committed as we were at Easter Road on Wednesday.

RE: County v Jambos - Bellshaw's Elbow - 12-28-2012

Zailukus is often prone to rash tackles when quicker players run away from him chasing balls played over his head into space/slid down a channel. It's a ploy we could get results from.

RE: County v Jambos - thejailender - 12-28-2012

Just reading that Webster is a doubt for Hearts tomorrow.

It would be a bonus for us if he doesn't play.

RE: County v Jambos - Stiflers old man - 12-28-2012

As for the booing....I have heard a lot of boos come out of the east stand...but I have to say I don't think it has been directed at the county players...I think it is miss timed directly at the opposition...!!
Certainly hope it was any way

RE: County v Jambos - Bovril Boy - 12-29-2012

(12-28-2012, 11:04 PM)dereknic Wrote: As for the booing....I have heard a lot of boos come out of the east stand...but I have to say I don't think it has been directed at the county players...I think it is miss timed directly at the opposition...!!

A lot of booing recently was towards the referees who clearly hold against us, as does the majority of Scottish football, our northerly location.

RE: County v Jambos - LauchlansLeftBoot - 12-29-2012

(12-29-2012, 12:21 AM)Bovril Boy Wrote:
(12-28-2012, 11:04 PM)dereknic Wrote: As for the booing....I have heard a lot of boos come out of the east stand...but I have to say I don't think it has been directed at the county players...I think it is miss timed directly at the opposition...!!

A lot of booing recently was towards the referees who clearly hold against us, as does the majority of Scottish football, our northerly location.

Rolleyes

RE: County v Jambos - Stiflers old man - 12-29-2012

(12-29-2012, 12:38 AM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote:
(12-29-2012, 12:21 AM)Bovril Boy Wrote:

Rolleyes

Yes your right.....just hope the county players realise this Smile

RE: County v Jambos - Capital_Stag - 12-29-2012

Hopefully Webster misses out today.

Mcgowan & Zalukas are due to serve a 1 match suspension, but it kicks in after our game.
Pity, as they are possibly their best players

RE: County v Jambos - Blinkers - 12-29-2012

Now's the day and now's the hour and all that! Come on County, good result today, best of luck lads!

RE: County v Jambos - County73 - 12-29-2012

Game off. At least we end 2012 on a win.

RE: County v Jambos - gujeecof - 12-29-2012

Hopefully this game can be rearranged for a Sat -Feb 2nd or March 2nd as both clubs are free on these dates- to ensure the best crowds etc.