OvertheBridge
Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - Printable Version

+- OvertheBridge (http://www.overthebridge.info)
+-- Forum: Forums (http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: In The Jailend (http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. (/showthread.php?tid=1947)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - Hiyou_UK - 09-17-2016

(09-17-2016, 06:04 PM)Roccos Wheelie Bin Wrote: Suppose 0-0 is better than getting pumped 5-1....

Definitely, especially when it wouldn't have been a surprise if that were the score after the opposition had 16 shots at goal and further stats like 14 corners to 1?

And as someone else suggested if Rangers aren't very good don't you fear where that leaves County when you have to play all these other better teams?

And incidentally I don't get why some of you have a desire to adopt an anti social tone with someone who has never been anything but civil and has said not a single confrontational thing about either any of you or your team. Is this a feature of your forum or just some?

RE: Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - staggie52 - 09-17-2016

(09-17-2016, 06:14 PM)Hiyou_UK Wrote: Definitely, especially when it wouldn't have been a surprise if that were the score after the opposition had 16 shots at goal and further stats like 14 corners to 1?

And as someone else suggested if Rangers aren't very good don't you fear where that leaves County when you have to play all these other better teams?

And incidentally I don't get why some of you have a desire to adopt an anti social tone with someone who has never been anything but civil and has said not a single confrontational thing about either any of you or your team.  Is this a feature of your forum or just some?

I suspect someone's a bit frustrated, being new to the league I'm not surprised, and I'm not having a go. Nobody's saying there's a lot of better teams, just that Rangers aren't really any better than the rest. We've had games when the stats were reversed and we haven't won, that's football, except it doesn't often happen to really good teams. From what I can see so far you're probably top six but a couple of bad results at the wrong time and you might not be.

As for complaining about an anti social tone I would refer you to your own fora and then consider whether or not ours is that bad.

(09-17-2016, 06:24 PM)staggie52 Wrote: I suspect someone's a bit frustrated, being new to the league I'm not surprised, and I'm not having a go. Nobody's saying there's a lot of better teams, just that Rangers aren't really any better than the rest. We've had games when the stats were reversed and we haven't won, that's football, except it doesn't often happen to really good teams. From what I can see so far you're probably top six but a couple of bad results at the wrong time and you might not be.

As for complaining about an anti social tone I would refer you to your own fora and then consider whether or not ours is that bad.

I'm no more frustrated than anyone else would be after a game like that.  And again if they're just barely top 6 where is that going to leave County in the shake out because presumably the others who are better will be raining in even more than 16 shots on goal and winning even more than 14 corners to 1?

And as for complaining about an anti social tone which forum are you talking about?  It's definitely not any forum I frequent from where in my very first post on this forum I quoted a couple of posts from it about this game.

Like this.

Quote:My late Grandfather originally hailed from Maryburgh and was a big County fan. As was his wee brother Harry who also passed away a couple of months back. IIRC, Harry and their sister Ina were both closely involved with Ross County for many years. I think Harry was groundsman for a time before moving to Muir of Ord golf club. Both he and Ina still lived in Maryburgh whilst Syd (my Grandfather) moved down to East Lothian in the late 40s/early 50s and married my Granny (who is thankfully still alive and well)!

As such I've always held a close affinity to the club and will remember all the above privately as we play our first match at Ibrox against County since they were admitted to the Scottish league proper.

And this.

Quote:Lets see our bouncebackability. 

It would be good to see the team being freshened up with Rossiter, Holt, Waghorn, Forrester all being back in the starting line up and Windass continuing. 

Also have a soft spot for the Highlanders, as said previously it is a bit of Bear country.

And even if someone else somewhere else had been anti social you are the type of person who adopts the same tone with someone else who has never been anything but civil and that's rational?  That's a bizarre attitude.  If I or anybody else for that matter were to adopt it I would be aggressive with just about every person I ever came across for crying out loud.

You come from Motherwell?  A guy from Motherwell was once anti social with me so I will start a fight with you.  Einsteinian level logic?

RE: Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - ReluctantHero - 09-17-2016

(09-17-2016, 06:10 PM)mike_lowrie Wrote: How many County fans were there today?

It must have been sold out mate  Dodgy because I went along to Ibrox today as a last minute decision and got told there were no tickets.

I have followed County the length and breadth of the country since the early nineties and this is the only club I have encountered not being able to get tickets at on a match day,

Even their ugly sisters made tickets available on the day to buy for County fans, from what I can remember.

Anyway, they must be so rich that they don't need my money  Tongue

RE: Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - staggie52 - 09-17-2016

(09-17-2016, 06:39 PM)Hiyou_UK Wrote: I'm no more frustrated than anyone else would be after a game like that.  And again if they're just barely top 6 where is that going to leave County in the shake out because presumably the others who are better will be raining in even more than 16 shots on goal and winning even more than 14 corners to 1?

And as for complaining about an anti social tone which forum are you talking about?  It's definitely not any forum I frequent from where in my very first post on this forum I quoted a couple of posts from it about this game.

Like this.

And this.

And even if someone else somewhere else had been anti social you are the type of person who adopts the same tone with someone else who has never been anything but civil and that's rational?  That's a bizarre attitude.  If I or anybody else for that matter were to adopt it I would be aggressive with just about every person I ever came across for crying out loud.

You come from Motherwell?  A guy from Motherwell was once anti social with me so I will start a fight with you.  Einsteinian level logic?

Jings, I give one response in which I made it clear I wasn't having a go but did mention that some Rangers fora might be slightly less social than ours and my tone is wrong, I'm a Motherwell supporter and you want to fight with me? Glad I wasn't in any way confrontational, who knows where this would have ended?

You might want to read my post, I was merely suggesting that Rangers are in the mix with the rest of us, not better, not worse, it's a tight league. County are also barely top six, we scraped in last season, we may or may not do the same this season. Pressure and chances don't mean anything, goals do, a good point for us away from home. I'm happy.

RE: Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - Staggieman21 - 09-17-2016

(09-17-2016, 06:49 PM)ReluctantHero Wrote: It must have been sold out mate  Dodgy because I went along to Ibrox today as a last minute decision and got told there were no tickets.

I have followed County the length and breadth of the country since the early nineties and this is the only club I have encountered not being able to get tickets at on a match day,

Even their ugly sisters made tickets available on the day to buy for County fans, from what I can remember.

Anyway, they must be so rich that they don't need my money  Tongue
It wasn't sold out, rangers just don't allow match day ticket sales for some reason. I'd say probably about 300-400 county fans? No idea really. Lucky to escape with a point but defended well!

RE: Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - Wicky - 09-17-2016

(09-17-2016, 06:39 PM)Hiyou_UK Wrote: You come from Motherwell?  A guy from Motherwell was once anti social with me so I will start a fight with you.  Einsteinian level logic?

This is much better than talking about the match, which sounds like one we would want to forget quickly.  Was it your Einsteinian level logic that lead you to conclude that you would get a friendlier response on here than on a Rangers forum, especially if you started your post by suggesting that we were dishonest?

(09-17-2016, 06:57 PM)Wicky Wrote: This is much better than talking about the match, which sounds like one we would want to forget quickly.  Was it your Einsteinian level logic that lead you to conclude that you would get a friendlier response on here than on a Rangers forum, especially if you started your post by suggesting that we were dishonest?

No it wasn't Einsteinian logic it was experience of the way visitors are received on the forum I frequent which is cordially when people are civil as I was.  And are you being honest when trying to suggest what I said which is a perfectly normal thing to say in everyday speech which is rarely if ever interpreted by anybody as any suggestion of alleging dishonesty?

RE: Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - Cit Reath - 09-17-2016

Ross County were held to a 0 - 0 draw by Rangers.
End off.

RE: Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - Wicky - 09-17-2016

(09-17-2016, 07:20 PM)Hiyou_UK Wrote: And are you being honest when trying to suggest what I said which is a perfectly normal thing to say in everyday speech which is rarely if ever interpreted by anybody as any suggestion of alleging dishonesty?

No of course not.  I am inherently dishonest, as you suggested.

RE: Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - wemyss77 - 09-17-2016

(09-17-2016, 04:08 PM)Hiyou_UK Wrote: Possession: Rangers 53% - County 47%

Shots: Rangers 7 - County 1

Shots on target: Rangers 3 - County 1

Corners: Rangers 6 - County 0

Yes this was the stats I was looking at, in fact before this and when I posted the stats were 45-55% to County, but was wondering if anyone was at the game to give a better insight, so slightly bemused by this response!

RE: Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - Rocco's Wheelie Bin - 09-17-2016

Had a peek at the forum linked to earlier in this thread, if someone could invent a seethe turbine it could power Glasgow (at least half of it) for weeks!

(09-17-2016, 08:30 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Possession: Rangers 53% - County 47%

Shots: Rangers 7 - County 1

Shots on target: Rangers 3 - County 1

Corners: Rangers 6 - County 0

Yes this was the stats I was looking at, in fact before this and when I posted the stats were 45-55% to County, but was wondering if anyone was at the game to give a better insight, so slightly bemused by this response!

That was the halftime stats. Full time was this.

Possession: Rangers 58% - County 42%

Shots: Rangers 16 - County 4

Shots on target: Rangers 5 - County 2

Corners: Rangers 14 - County 1

(09-17-2016, 08:47 PM)Hiyou_UK Wrote: That was the halftime stats.  Full time was this.

Possession: Rangers 58% - County 42%

Shots: Rangers 16 - County 4

Shots on target: Rangers 5 - County 2

Corners: Rangers 14 - County 1

Again, I know.  Why are you quoting stats to me I also have access to.  If you read my original post I was asking, during the game, if anyone had any better insight.  We have all seen the stats so don't think you need to post them anymore!!

Did Alex Schalk get injured? Another tough away trip next week end. Hopefully a full squad to pick from.

(09-17-2016, 08:50 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Again, I know.  Why are you quoting stats to me I also have access to.  If you read my original post I was asking, during the game, if anyone had any better insight.  We have all seen the stats so don't think you need to post them anymore!!

Don't wind him up he'll call you a Motherwell supporter and want to fight with you.

(09-17-2016, 08:58 PM)staggie52 Wrote: Don't wind him up he'll call you a Motherwell supporter and want to fight with you.

Very true, although could be a lot worse!

RE: Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - Staggieman21 - 09-17-2016

(09-17-2016, 08:57 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Did Alex Schalk get injured?  Another tough away trip next week end.  Hopefully a full squad to pick from.

Yeah, ligament damage apparently but not sure how serious.

(09-17-2016, 10:10 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Very true, although could be a lot worse!

I'm fine with windups, why don't you provide a demonstration of your undoubted prowess in such pastimes. Don't worry, if it's not quite up to the standard one would expect of such an intellect given your previous dazzling expressions of verbosity and wit I wont automatically presume you're simply a complete imbecile with the IQ of a Forrest Gump or even the village idiot in a village of Forrest Gump style inbreeds.

The Highlands nay the country awaits with bated breath the indisputable insight such a sage may produce. Wisdom for the ages or maybe the Gumps? Continue.

RE: Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - Strathpefferstaggie - 09-17-2016

Happy with the point if someone asked if I would take a point before game I would have said yes out standing performance form the boys the fans were amazing as normal at an away game the only thing for me that let us down was there was one or two and the County end that started singing along with follow follow when it came on at the end of half time