OvertheBridge
Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - Printable Version

+- OvertheBridge (http://www.overthebridge.info)
+-- Forum: Forums (http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: In The Jailend (http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. (/showthread.php?tid=1947)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - StuartTaylor - 09-11-2016

Our first ever visit to Ibrox and indeed first ever league meeting against the club who have recently come all the way up through the leagues to eventually join us in the Premiership.
They obviously got a pasting yesterday against a team from the same City, I guess that's a local derby, so they might be angry and determined to get the 3pts next Saturday. 

Out of interest, who is going?

Are there any nice bars or restaurants around the stadium?

I'll be using the supporters bus as usual, look forward to seeing some new faces  Rolleyes

RE: Rangers away 17-Oct-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - Spain - 09-11-2016

I'm down in Glasgow for something else anyway, so I'll be catching up with the Centrals and heading along to this. Not particularly looking forward to their fans after we beat them though...

RE: Rangers away 17-Oct-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - Boff - 09-11-2016

Rangers must be one of the few teams we have never beaten? So far!

RE: Rangers away 17-Oct-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - Rocco's Wheelie Bin - 09-11-2016

Technically it's everyone in the Premiership's first meeting with this new, history-less club that is very similar to a once great club from the same area that dissolved several years back...

Bar Hearts obviously!

RE: Rangers away 17-Oct-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - Harry Gow Pie Staggie - 09-11-2016

Guys

Hate to point out the obvious.
And not trying to be a smart .....
The post requires the date changed, just in case there is any confusion.

RE: Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - StuartTaylor - 09-11-2016

Oops, sorted

RE: Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - StrathyStaggie - 09-11-2016

Won't be there.
Hopeful of walking away with something other than a defeat.
Rendition of "Kernkraft 400" pls.

RE: Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - Ross shire buff - 09-11-2016

RoccoTechnically it's everyone in the Premiership's first meeting with this new, history-less club that is very similar to a once great club from the same area that dissolved several years back...

Bar Hearts obviously!

Great club started from the bottom worked their way up ,the atmosphere is special if you've been to  Tynecastle a place I rate highly for atmosphere ,you will,get the same at Ibrox plus Corker hill bar beside stadium and Raffa club on Copland roadyiu you will see the  game unlike being in piggery with restricted view 
I would see County getting points here, 
I can see a reply coming lol

RE: Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - Ross shire buff - 09-11-2016

(09-11-2016, 11:46 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Our first ever visit to Ibrox and indeed first ever league meeting against the club who have recently come all the way up through the leagues to eventually join us in the Premiership.
They obviously got a pasting yesterday against a team from the same City, I guess that's a local derby, so they might be angry and determined to get the 3pts next Saturday. 

Out of interest, who is going?

Are there any nice bars or restaurants around the stadium?

I'll be using the supporters bus as usual, look forward to seeing some new faces  Rolleyes
Buy you a dram in Corker Hill

RE: Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - Skipper's Son - 09-11-2016

Hope to be there but might be in the Congo for work. Inoculations in place and Malarone tablets in bag but might not need them if I go to the Congo!!!!!!

RE: Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - SussexStaggie - 09-11-2016

I think a lot of County Fans will be surprised at the hospitality that will be on offer. Obviously the Pacific Shelf minded County Fans will be doing their utmost to dig the dirt as we can see from previous responses to this post. It's a historic day for Ross County playing at Ibrox Stadium for the 1st time in their history. I have it on good authority that County Fans will be warmly welcomed at the Lorne Street Social Club which is 5 minutes walk from Ibrox and will be warmly welcomed after the game be it a home win, away win or a draw. Let's hope for a Staggies win and you never know, we might even be favourites. Everyone attending, enjoy the game, whatever.

RE: Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - Deke Slayton - 09-11-2016

Despite it's reputation The Louden Bar at the subway exit offers great hospitality and most visiting supporters are warmly welcomed. Free pies and filled rolls are handed out at regular intervals and there's excellent service from the bar staff. Let's get a big support down for our first visit to Ibrox. COYS

RE: Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - Strathpefferstaggie - 09-11-2016

As normal I am on the supporters bus I think there will be a good support as its our first visit to Ibrox I think it's going to be a good game

RE: Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - maggiestaggie - 09-11-2016

Gutted that we can't make it

RE: Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - Ross shire buff - 09-12-2016

(09-11-2016, 06:26 PM)SussexStaggie Wrote: I think a lot of County Fans will be surprised at the hospitality that will be on offer. Obviously the Pacific Shelf minded County Fans will be doing their utmost to dig the dirt as we can see from previous responses to this post. It's a historic day for Ross County playing at Ibrox Stadium for the 1st time in their history. I have it on good authority that County Fans will be warmly welcomed at the Lorne Street Social Club which is 5 minutes walk from Ibrox and will be warmly welcomed after the game be it a home win, away win or a draw. Let's hope for a Staggies win and you never know, we might even be favourites. Everyone attending, enjoy the game, whatever.
Yes indeed people so obsessed with The Glasgow Rangers that the bile spouts from them ,an historic occasion for Ross county and our supporters and you will find a great welcome  Rangers are a great club 
And great support ,plenty drinking places around Ibrox upmarket not like the piggery  ,
Enjoy the day and Honestly county can win this one  with ease, !!!mon the  Staggies!!! 

Ross county supporters will be welcomed everywhere

RE: Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - Spain - 09-12-2016

Why do some always take anti-Rangers sentiment as being pro-Celtic? They're both just cheeks from the same [censored], Scotlands' shame. So both of you give it a break. You both support Rangers, we get it. But don't turn this into a Celtic v Rangers thing, this is a County forum.

RE: Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - Forfinn - 09-12-2016

(09-12-2016, 01:15 PM)Spain Wrote: Why do some always take anti-Rangers sentiment as being pro-Celtic? They're both just cheeks from the same [censored], Scotlands' shame. So both of you give it a break. You both support Rangers, we get it. But don't turn this into a Celtic v Rangers thing, this is a County forum.

Whatever happened to that "Like" button we used to have?

I'm not going to be able to make it to Ibrox.  I was initially disappointed as it's our first trip there, but then I remembered the horror stories I've heard from supporters of other teams that have been subjected to all sorts of abuse at Rangers over the years.  Perhaps not such a bad thing I'm missing it after all.

It should be an interesting game.  Rangers seem to have regressed from last season, losing any semblance of pace with the addition of Barton, Kranjcar and Senderos.  There's definitely scope for us to take something from the game and hopefully it'll be the whole three points.

RE: Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - SussexStaggie - 09-12-2016

Just a great pity that The County weren't entertaining Rangers on Remembrance weekend. At least the County Fans could pay their respect to the War Heroes impeccably without the disruptions that have occurred in previous years against Rangers near neighbours.

RE: Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - ReluctantHero - 09-12-2016

Actually quite looking forward to this game as I think we genuinely have a chance, but maybe I am just being wildly optimistic. It will be my first game in quite a while as well so that might be contributing to my enthusiasm!

I used to live just around the corner from Ibrox, in Kinning Park. Maybe it has changed since I lived there, but I never liked any of the pubs down that way. I would sooner go out in the city centre, then hop on the Underground. Should only take about 10 minutes to get to Ibrox station from St Enochs on the Underground, although it could be quite busy after 2PM.

RE: Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox. - dawyckstag - 09-12-2016

Ah Sussexstaggie where have you been hiding? surprised you've surfaced after Sevco's doing at the weekend!!
Anyhoo there is absolutely no reason we can't go down to Ibrokes on Sat at take something, they do have some talented players but they didn't add anything special in the transfer window. I think Midge, Franks, Boyce and Curran could do some real damage running at 38yr old Hill and whoever partners him in defence and if Woods gives Scott Brown a phone he'll be able to transfer Barton from one backpocket to the other.
Good luck to those making the journey down there, i'm sure you'll enjoy your day out but don't be surprised if things turn ugly if County get a result.