OvertheBridge
County v Thistle - 1st of the 5 cup ties - Printable Version

+- OvertheBridge (http://www.overthebridge.info)
+-- Forum: Forums (http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: In The Jailend (http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: County v Thistle - 1st of the 5 cup ties (/showthread.php?tid=1692)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

County v Thistle - 1st of the 5 cup ties - dorsetstaggie - 04-22-2015

Now for the business end of the season!! 5 games – 2 wins 1 draw and we’re safe.

First up Thistle who look an entirely different proposition to the team we took back to back wins off just a few weeks ago. Other than Celtic Thistle have not lost since loosing to County at the GES in early March. They seem to have woken up to the fact they could be dragged into the relegation fight, they may have rediscovered their mojo but won’t fancy the trip up the A9 and there’s no doubt County have it in them to win though the suspended Jackson Irvine will be a miss.

I fancy Well to beat Hamilton on Friday so any points v Thistle is crucial, I’d like a win but would take a draw. Should be a cracker of a match, Mon County.

RE: County v Thistle - 1st of the 5 cup ties - Strathpefferstaggie - 04-22-2015

It's a match that we can win having beaten them last month how ever with this been the business end of the season all the teams in our half of the league will be wanting to avoid that play off spot Mon the staggies

RE: County v Thistle - 1st of the 5 cup ties - frankthetank - 04-22-2015

A wee look at Saturday's match from the plastic whistle point of view.

Archibald is eager to right the recent wrongs after 3-1 and 1-0 defeats to County in quick succession a couple of weeks ago.

He said: "Your mind always goes back to those games, but they have no bearing on Saturday.

"The first one was horrendous and we were really poor, but in the second one, there wasn't much in the game.

"Saturday is a new game and we are in a much more confident mood as a squad. We have got good consistency and momentum and we are looking forward to it."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/partick-thistle/archibald-relishing-post-split-premiership-shoot-out-204223n.123819943?

RE: County v Thistle - 1st of the 5 cup ties - frankthetank - 04-23-2015

Not a lot of chatter on here about this game but it would be a huge 3 points before going into the next match against motherwell.
I fully expect them to win against hamilton on friday night and in so closing the gap back to only 3 points, if we drop any points against partick, it'll spur motherwell on and i'd rather they had their heads down after seeing us maintain that 6 point cushion.

I think we're all agreed that as close to the same team as last time should start again, with obviously irvine serving a one match suspension so I'd put Kiss into his central midfield role and maybe introduce a more defencive player to the bench to replace Kiss.

So i'd go for this:
21 Brown
44 Fraser 05 Boyd 43 Quinn 12 Reckord

40 Gardyne 10 Kiss 26 Woods 24 De Vita

16 Boyce 11 Curran

Substitutes
01 Reguero
03 Meite
07 Cardle
09 Jervis
20 Sernas
22 Palazuelos Garcia
30 Dingwall

RE: County v Thistle - 1st of the 5 cup ties - jamiepscot - 04-23-2015

(04-23-2015, 01:32 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Not a lot of chatter on here about this game but it would be a huge 3 points before going into the next match against motherwell.
I fully expect them to win against hamilton on friday night and in so closing the gap back to only 3 points, if we drop any points against partick, it'll spur motherwell on and i'd rather they had their heads down after seeing us maintain that 6 point cushion.

I think we're all agreed that as close to the same team as last time should start again, with obviously irvine serving a one match suspension so I'd put Kiss into his central midfield role and maybe introduce a more defencive player to the bench to replace Kiss.

So i'd go for this:
21 Brown
44 Fraser 05 Boyd 43 Quinn 12 Reckord

40 Gardyne 10 Kiss 26 Woods 24 De Vita

16 Boyce 11 Curran

Substitutes
01 Reguero
03 Meite
07 Cardle
09 Jervis
20 Sernas
22 Palazuelos Garcia
30 Dingwall

Spot on there I reckon. Can't see McIntyre changing the team much and Kiss has done well over the past few weeks, wherever he's been asked to play, so he deserves the start.
Might see Brittain on the bench in place of Cardle, but that won't really change much IMO.
3pts at home please boys!!!

RE: County v Thistle - 1st of the 5 cup ties - Les Westander - 04-23-2015

I'd rather have Cardle than Brittain on the bench.
Joe came on as sub recently and looked useful. Richie is bound to be more rusty relative to him. Nice strong bench anyway.

RE: County v Thistle - 1st of the 5 cup ties - Savage Henry - 04-24-2015

I'd go so far as to say a win against Partick coupled with a Hamilton win tonight would make us safe.

RE: County v Thistle - 1st of the 5 cup ties - staggie2509 - 04-24-2015

(04-24-2015, 10:49 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: I'd go so far as to say a win against Partick coupled with a Hamilton win tonight would make us safe.

Part 1 sorted.....Now for Part 2 tomorrow :0)

RE: County v Thistle - 1st of the 5 cup ties - Savage Henry - 04-25-2015

That was mighty kind of Accies. Now for us to do our own half and it'll be a great, great weekend.

RE: County v Thistle - 1st of the 5 cup ties - keepthedeaspiesforthespl - 04-25-2015

Bacon roll - Check
Lorne sausage roll - Check
Accies win - Check

Bring on the Partick!!!

RE: County v Thistle - 1st of the 5 cup ties - dorsetstaggie - 04-25-2015

Did not see that coming!! Points today would make massive difference. Mon County

RE: County v Thistle - 1st of the 5 cup ties - StuartTaylor - 04-25-2015

What an incentive following last nights result, a win today and we're almost safe.
We will miss Jackson, no doubt. I hope we have the some pace and energy that has been a highlight of this run.
One of the local papers had Meite being a doubt as well, so the bench options will be interesting. Burgess will come in I presume.

Nervous excitement. Get me a beer.

RE: County v Thistle - 1st of the 5 cup ties - Blinkers - 04-25-2015

Yup, today has the potential to really take the wind from Motherwell's sails. 9 points behind with 12 to play for and a clear goal difference deficit would be a huge ask.

Reaching for a beer soon and crossing my fingers......... 'mon the County!

RE: County v Thistle - 1st of the 5 cup ties - ShEp - 04-25-2015

I'm heading to the game today, weather isn;t looking great though.

Partick won't relish being at the GES with rain I don't think, so could work in our favour Big Grin

RE: County v Thistle - 1st of the 5 cup ties - Dalneigh Gypo - 04-25-2015

For those of you not able to see the form team in Scotland today

The game is being broadcast on MFR2

RE: County v Thistle - 1st of the 5 cup ties - murray aberdeen stagg - 04-25-2015

(04-25-2015, 01:14 PM)Dalneigh Gypo Wrote: For those of you not able to see the form team in Scotland today

The game is being broadcast on MFR2

Good stuff Dalneigh enjoy the match pal. Mon the staggies.

RE: County v Thistle - 1st of the 5 cup ties - MayHam - 04-25-2015

Team line up.
21 Brown
44 Fraser
05 Boyd
43 Quinn
12 Reckord
40 Gardyne
10 Kiss
26 Woods
24 De Vita
16 Boyce
11 Curran

Substitutes
01 Reguero
04 Quinn
06 Saunders
07 Cardle
20 Sernas
22 Palazuelos Garcia
30 Dingwall

RE: County v Thistle - 1st of the 5 cup ties - IDW16 - 04-25-2015

Going by what was said on Twitter it doesn't look like we deserved anything from the game.

Stil, we're six points clear of Motherwell (plus a better GD). Pity we couldn't capitalise on their loss last night.

A bit frustrated Sernas wasn't given a chance today. Good to see Rocco back though.

RE: County v Thistle - 1st of the 5 cup ties - Marc Bell - 04-25-2015

Fairly poor performance all round today. Would have rathered to have seen Sernas before the one trick pony, Cardle.

RE: County v Thistle - 1st of the 5 cup ties - Rocco's Wheelie Bin - 04-25-2015

I didn't think Cardle added anything when he came on, would've much preferred Sernas. Was good to see Rocco again, hopefully he can do enough to compel Jim to keep him on. 1 shot on goal at home is just not acceptable though!