• 1 Votes - 2 Average
SPL Squad
Colin McMenamin
Russell Duncan
Grant Munro
Mark Fitzpatrick
Rocco Quinn
Sam Morrow

Are they anyone else confirmed for next season? Have the players out of contract been offered anything as of yet?
YOINK

Rocco Quinn and Sam Morrow signed 2 year deals when they signed last summer.

Everyone else is out of contract. I'd imagine we'll hear more at the start of next week.

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2750616

In todays P&J:

Brittain offered a new contract, as well as U21's Cooper, MacPhee and Steven Ross.

Del saying he wants to keep majority of squad, offers are on the table to some already but still hasn't got round everyone. They will be offered the best possible deal but if higher offers come in or players want to move on there is nothing we can do.

McNamee and Flynn moving on, as expected.

The RS Journal reporting that Flynn has already had contract talks with Pressley.

(P&J):

Players offered contracts - Fraser, Malin, Miller, Boyd, Morrison, Lawson, Brittain, Ketts, Vigurs, Corcoran, Byrne and Craig.

Flynn has also been offered a contract, since if he moves to another Scottish club, County will seek compensation since he is under 24. I'm not sure what that's all about?

A few of the players already "have other options".

I see also Caley are doing another one of their 'trial matches' - 22 players attending from Britain/Europe.

(05-09-2012, 07:54 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Flynn has also been offered a contract, since if he moves to another Scottish club, County will seek compensation since he is under 24. I'm not sure what that's all about?
We know he is leaving but if we offer a contract on the same or better terms we are entitled to compensation from the club he moves to. Only in Scotland though.

(05-09-2012, 07:54 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: (P&J):

Players offered contracts - Fraser, Malin, Miller, Boyd, Morrison, Lawson, Brittain, Ketts, Vigurs, Corcoran, Byrne and Craig.

Flynn has also been offered a contract, since if he moves to another Scottish club, County will seek compensation since he is under 24. I'm not sure what that's all about?

I make that the entire squad having offers made to them then

I guess we may be paying at the lowest rates for SPL players, so the lads may want to see if they can get a better offer. However there is hopefully a strong pull from the team spirit and camaraderie and how well they get looked after here.
Soz Jim'n'Billy

why do all the hard work and then not enjoy the spl. I thinnk most of them will sign on again

Mark Corcoran and Joseph Malinauskas have signed new 1 year deals.

(05-10-2012, 04:36 PM)staggy4life Wrote: Mark Corcoran and Joseph Malinauskas have signed new 1 year deals.

Can't believe Malin is still at the club. Nothing against him, but after so many years you would have thought he would have become our No1 eventually?

(05-10-2012, 05:25 PM)IDW16 Wrote:
(05-10-2012, 04:36 PM)staggy4life Wrote: Mark Corcoran and Joseph Malinauskas have signed new 1 year deals.

Can't believe Malin is still at the club. Nothing against him, but after so many years you would have thought he would have become our No1 eventually?
Keepers have longer careers. Michael McGovern never had a full season at a club until he signed for us at the age of 25.

I think Joe is still only 23. If Elgin are promoted, a full season on loan in the 2nd Division would probably be more beneficial to him. Decent enough back-up for Fraser though.

I'm sure Joe will be happy to get a year as part of an SPL squad on his CV. He seems to be a popular member of the squad with the other players, so I'm sure they'll be glad to have him around as well.

I take it he is now our longest serving player? He must have been here for about 6 or 7 years now.

Ross Forbes has apparently been released by Motherwell. I would take him at County. He fits the signing policy of having played for Motherwell.

Ross Forbes ? I dont know much about him. Motherwell are carrying out cutbacks.
Highlander29

(05-10-2012, 08:27 PM)Son of Earl. Wrote: Ross Forbes ? I dont know much about him. Motherwell are carrying out cutbacks.

Cracking left-foot, attacking midfielder, but no pace or athleticism. Had a really good spell a few years again under Gannon when he played 'in the hole' (I think) but never replicated that form.

Maybe due to tactics as he never got that space and freedom again, maybe other teams clicked he was slow and one-footed, maybe he just became [censored]. I just don't know. Adams will though Smile

Written by a Well fan and pinched by me from a Ross Forbes thread on P&B:

"He scored 9 goals from midfield in his first full season at Motherwell from midfield. 4 pens & 5 screamers. In fact having just looked he scored all 9 by October. At the time Gannon played him in a midfield three which highlighted his strenghts( a cracking left peg) but hid his weakneses which where his lack of pace & mobility. When Gannon left and we resorted to playing a central two he becames exposed quickly.

He's never been the same since. A handful of really good performances last year in the win against Aberdeen at Pittodrie, beating Celtic at Fir Park and this year in the win at St.Mirren but he rarely threatened to discover his early form. I'd have liked to have seen him get a run in the first team but with Jennings & Lasley ahead of him he hasn't got much of a look in. I think he's only played about 6 games this season, and half of them were as a sub.

Best of luck to him, hope he does well. I always liked the lad. Never hid when things weren't going his way and was always willing to try something even though he knew the abuse he would get if didn't come off. Could see him going to the 1st division and becoming a good player. Would love to see him prove some of the boo boys at Fir Park wrong. I'm convinced in the right team, he could flourish."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...--BuIRKSLw

Forbes would maybe be a shout if we don't keep vigurs but unless we loose vigurs he most likely wouldnt get a game. I think Miller from falkirk would be a good signing but he is likely to go to england im hearing.

Oh dear! Another post re-Forbes from a 'Well fan:
Ross Forbes is [censored] [censored].
I am not one to shout and scream at a Motherwell player from the sideline. But I won't fanny about when it comes to my opinion on them.

Ross Forbes is terrible. He is really really slow and looks like he never tries due to him having no engine and no willingness.
Motherwell fans often fantasize about his Gheorghe Hagi like left foot, his pin point passing and his amazing awareness.

In actuallity he is [censored].

He was given a game under Jim "loose cannon" Gannon. and has been easily overlooked by every other Motherwell manager. I used to think I was missing something. Something that these other 'Well fans could see. I prayed for the day when wee Ross would break into the team and show me that he was infact an under-rated genuis.

He'd struggle to get into the Dumbarton team now.

I wish him all the best but I can't see him doing well, If he does I'll admit I was wrong, but I should be ok there

I imagine he's somewhere in between, but his lack of pace and fitness sounds prohibitive.

I see that Danny swanson has been told that he is free to find a new club. would love to see him here but wages would be a barrier i would imagine. he is the type of quality we need if we are to improve squad forbes should only be signed if we lose some of our midfield.

In all honesty I wouldn't take a fans opinion on a player very seriously at all. Especially one that is full of negative hyperbole. Morton fans said the same of Gardyne, St Mirren fans of Brittain, St Johnstone fans of Lawson, Livingston fans of Miller etc etc

The whole of Scottish football lacks pace. Fitness can be worked on.
YOINK