Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.25 Average
Victoria Park - updates
06-14-2012, 07:19 PM
RE: Victoria Park - updates
(06-14-2012 09:19 AM)Alfiesdad Wrote:  
(06-14-2012 12:35 AM)Five Minutes from the Ground Wrote:  
(06-13-2012 07:50 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote:  Hmmm. The position of those banks of seats and pillars concerns me, considering where I put my 'X' on the form!

Maybe you'll get a discount if you have a restricted view behind a pillar.

Going to be big issues with stewards positioning also when everyone is sitting down, that is why I've taken the bold move to the west stand!

Poor old jail end looks tiny. Does anybody think that the home end should have been moved to the new stand?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2012, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 06-14-2012 08:22 PM by theweehighlander.)
(06-14-2012 07:19 PM)aj1809 Wrote:  Poor old jail end looks tiny. Does anybody think that the home end should have been moved to the new stand?

In a way, because its a nice new stand...but the Jailend is our baby! Cant let the Caley tinks into such a holy place.

(06-14-2012 12:06 AM)junglejamesie Wrote:  
(06-13-2012 08:47 PM)theweehighlander Wrote:  To be honest, with upgrading the stadium they probably should of just remove the pillars and gave the Jailend a new roof. Who wants to sit behind a pillar??

Possibly, but even if they dont do that, Ross County will still have a superb
stadium when they are in the SPL.

And given that there might be an extra place for Dundee or Dunfermline in the
SPL due to the demise of that bunch of tax-dodging cheats from Govan in Glasgow,
Ross County have an excellent chance here to establish themselves as a long
term SPL club. Do they not?

Look at ICT - they had to spend the first half of their own first SPL season sharing
with Eberdeen - and they survived in the SPL. Ross County will be playing all
their home SPL games at Victoria Park for the whole of next season

Where's the negative here, folks? Huh

My comment wasnt meant to seem like it was a negative one. A lot of folk are sad at loosing the lovely standing Jailend after so long, and it does seem daft that pillars could be in the way of your view when sitting, but it far out weights the alternative of playing else where!! Smile
06-14-2012, 08:25 PM
(06-14-2012 08:15 PM)theweehighlander Wrote:  In a way, because its a nice new stand...but the Jailend is our baby! Cant let the Caley tinks into such a holy place.

Indeed, that is a horrible thought!
06-15-2012, 12:27 AM
I went for a look at ground tonight and the installation of seats has started in the East stand extension. Am I being really thick! It appears to be seats on metal and wood frames jacked up on the old terracing. Is this not a temporary type of installation and will it not look like a cobbled together structure. I would have thought this would have been done in concrete like the existing seated stands.
06-15-2012, 06:13 AM
(06-15-2012 12:27 AM)Seanmac44 Wrote:  I went for a look at ground tonight and the installation of seats has started in the East stand extension. Am I being really thick! It appears to be seats on metal and wood frames jacked up on the old terracing. Is this not a temporary type of installation and will it not look like a cobbled together structure. I would have thought this would have been done in concrete like the existing seated stands.

If we had 8 months to do the work I guess that's how they would have done it, but given we have around 8 weeks, we had to go with the area seat style.

If you've ever been to Caley Park, it will be the same as the stands they have behind the goals

Twitter : @TJE_Updates & @Jailender
Facebook : TheJailEnder.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-15-2012, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2012 11:03 AM by staggy4life.)
[Image: AvbQHOGCIAA0PwA.jpg:large]

Richie Brittain posted this on Twitter earlier. Starting to take shape!
[+] 3 users Like staggy4life's post
06-15-2012, 01:01 PM
Wow, I like it. Didnt think I would but looks good.

And if I get my requested seat I wont be behind a pillar Cool
06-15-2012, 01:07 PM
Looking good Smile

Important question though...... is there still a pie stall behind the new east stand??
06-15-2012, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2012 01:32 PM by sirjames.)
(06-14-2012 08:25 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote:  
(06-14-2012 08:15 PM)theweehighlander Wrote:  In a way, because its a nice new stand...but the Jailend is our baby! Cant let the Caley tinks into such a holy place.

Indeed, that is a horrible thought!

I'm sure they already soiled the Jailend a few years ago when we let them use VP for a League Cup game when the dump was being redeveloped
06-15-2012, 03:40 PM
(06-15-2012 01:07 PM)frankthetank Wrote:  Looking good Smile

Important question though...... is there still a pie stall behind the new east stand??

Not at present, but I believe there will be.
Not sure exactly where they are going to put it though

06-15-2012, 03:45 PM
(06-15-2012 01:31 PM)sirjames Wrote:  I'm sure they already soiled the Jailend a few years ago when we let them use VP for a League Cup game when the dump was being redeveloped

I may be wrong, but I don't think they were allowed to use the Jail End as they were SPL at the time- they only had the East and West stand. Sure I remember seeing highlights of the game (Caley won 1-0 v St Johnstone I think) and seeing an empty Jail End

"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013
06-15-2012, 04:57 PM
(06-15-2012 03:40 PM)thejailender Wrote:  
(06-15-2012 01:07 PM)frankthetank Wrote:  Looking good Smile

Not at present, but I believe there will be.
Not sure exactly where they are going to put it though

Surrounding the big pile of pies?
06-15-2012, 05:25 PM
omg this is the new ground then it's pretty cute but will i be in the jail end next season
06-16-2012, 07:36 AM
I think the jailenders have been shafted.this end should be the same as the away end steeper terracing and higher stand although the shape of the stadium should create a decent atmosphere
06-16-2012, 08:46 AM
(06-16-2012 07:36 AM)kenthehood Wrote:  I think the jailenders have been shafted.this end should be the same as the away end steeper terracing and higher stand although the shape of the stadium should create a decent atmosphere

Really, who by, the club??

I don't expect to agree with everyone but imo that's a hell of a statement to come away with.
06-16-2012, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2012 08:51 AM by staggy4life.)
(06-16-2012 07:36 AM)kenthehood Wrote:  I think the jailenders have been shafted.this end should be the same as the away end steeper terracing and higher stand although the shape of the stadium should create a decent atmosphere
I don't see what the problem is to be honest. If people were that bothered about pillars before they could have easily moved to the East stand terracing.

By the looks of things the pillars won't affect a huge amount of seats, so there is plenty seats for jailend season tickets holders to sit in front or in between them.
06-16-2012, 09:29 AM
(06-16-2012 08:50 AM)staggy4life Wrote:  
I don't see what the problem is to be honest. If people were that bothered about pillars before they could have easily moved to the East stand terracing.

By the looks of things the pillars won't affect a huge amount of seats, so there is plenty seats for jailend season tickets holders to sit in front or in between them.

Did I mention Pillars? No. My point being on size what have we got nine rows and slighltly modified stand opposed to brand new and fifteen rows of seats in a completely new stand for an away support that may only be filled 6 times a season
06-16-2012, 09:37 AM

Jeezo that is an awful strong statement to make.

Not only have the club acted quickly to make the stadium suitable for the SPL, but they have actually improved the Jailend!

When it was terraced, there were eight pillars, they have reduced that to four!

Not only that, the plans for what was happening to the Jailend have been on line for all to see - no secrets kept!

Jailend season ticket holders have also been given the chance to move to the East / West stands, or to stay int he Jailend where the season tickets are cheaper!

Can't really see where we have 'been shafted' to be honest

06-16-2012, 09:39 AM
I'd guess that, if all home tickets are sold and a small away following is expected, the club could make seats available to home fans in the Jubilee End

"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013
06-16-2012, 09:40 AM
(06-16-2012 09:29 AM)kenthehood Wrote:  
(06-16-2012 08:50 AM)staggy4life Wrote:  

Did I mention Pillars? No. My point being on size what have we got nine rows and slighltly modified stand opposed to brand new and fifteen rows of seats in a completely new stand for an away support that may only be filled 6 times a season

Still fail to see how you can believe "...the jailenders have been shafted..." and who you think has done this shafting?