Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Don Cowie and Cardiff
Watched this afternoons game and thought that Don had a pretty decent game, he found space well in the middle of the park had a header saved by Green and i think most of his passes found a team mate. Cardiff are 25/1 to win the Championship on todays showing an e/w bet looks like a decent investment.
Miller scored again on his debut, Marshall was solid in goal, McNaughton didn't do much wrong in defence and Conway, although always looking for the ball went missing for spells during the game but he should come good.
They also have Earnshaw who get double figures this year and the french lad that replaced him looks like he cause problems for defences.
That said i'll be watching Blackpool and even though they haven't got Adam or Campbell anymore if Holloway keeps them attack minded they should be great fun to watch this season.

I think I will stay clear of that league on the investment stakes, Give me West Ham if I had too.

CELTIC
MAN UTD
DUNDEE
WEST HAM

I wonder what the odds are.
Highlander29

Thought Cowie had an excellent game yesterday, And Craig Levein must have agreed as he's called him up for wednesdays Scotland game along with Kevin Macnaughton.
"it's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am"
Muhammed Ali

I always like to see Don doing so well, hopefully we'll see the best of him the next couple of years and he can add to his Scotland caps.

Don's just come on.

Charlie Adam makes it 1-0, though it may be credited as an own goal.

From what I heard on the radio he had another decent game and was involved in both goals!
Muhammed Ali

Aye.

Great crossfield ball to Miller just prior to Snodgrass nodding home. Still feels strange seeing two boys I used to watch at Victoria Park playing for Scotland.

The best game I have seen from Don in a Scotland shirt. Well done, fingers crossed for the next game.
Highlander29

(08-12-2011, 12:39 PM)Son of Earl. Wrote: The best game I have seen from Don in a Scotland shirt. Well done, fingers crossed for the next game.

Indeed

Incidentally, anyone planning the Czechs game, get your ticket(s) quick. Went to get mine in the public sale today and they only had seats in the corner sections remaining

"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Many of the best tickets were as good as sold out last year with the multi-match offer in the SSC. That's where I got mine. Must say, it's been quite good having the same seat next to the same people at the Scotland matches, a bit like a season ticket.

Back on topic though, I thought Don had a solid performance. I'm not a fan of Scott Brown at all, I think he offers nothing to Scotland. So when Don came on for him, I was doubley pleased!
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

Yeah I got mine on Tuesday In a pre-public sale type thing that I managed to get a code for. First time going to a Scotland game at Hampden so looking forward to it quite a lot.
Muhammed Ali

Good point, I got that code sent to my by the SSC, should have put it on here for anyone interested.
Also, hope you enjoy your first Scotland game at Hampden. A competitive Scotland match, especially such an important one always has an electric atmosphere, comparible to no other games I've ever been to. (Obviously our Cup Run was a different thing altogether). I'll be in the North Stand just on the halfway line having sampled the finest pre-match booze that the Montford Bar has on offer.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

Don's 2 goals from Tuesday night:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14658030.stm

Don's back in the Scotland squad for the Czech Republic and Lithuania qualifiers. Good luck to him.

(08-26-2011, 07:35 PM)DStag Wrote: Don's back in the Scotland squad for the Czech Republic and Lithuania qualifiers. Good luck to him.

BBC have on their live banner that he is starting tonight.

SCOTLAND XI:McGregor; Whit'ker, C'well, Berra, B'sley; N'smith, Fletcher, Cowie, Bannan; Morrison, G'willie

bbc.co.uk/sport

I would hope that the line-up has Naismith pushing up as close to Goodwillie as possible and having a go.

I look forward to seeing Don start for Scotland, great news.

Another good game from Don, looks like he'll be a squad regular from now on. Although it looks like we'll miss out on Euro 2012 i've high hopes for Brazil 2014, i think we've got a good mix of experience and young players coming through. Exciting times ahead!!

Another solid performance with running beyond the front man to burst into the box, which is something Scotland haven't really had for a while. He'll be disappointed not to have finished off that half volley from 12 yards, though.

Feel This thread should get a little bump up seen as Cardiff just won their league cup semi on penalties, Cardiff goal came from a Cowie cross.
Muhammed Ali

Some game! Cardiff early goal then chance after chance, it was one of those games when after all the pressure and hitting the woodwork 3 times you felt Cardiff would lose out to Palace on penalties, but 2 quality saves from Heaton helped to send Cardiff and Don to Wembley. I wonder if another ex Ross County player will join him there??