Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vs st mirren
Big week coming up which could see us off the bottom.
Huge blow not having Clarke avaliable, but should give us our first look at vokins with Randall at right back, feeling confident of a 2-1 win to county.
C'mon the staggies, let's stick it to Marcus Fraser and co.

AMB
Randal Baldwin Iacovitti Vokins
Paton Tillson
Hungbo Callachan Spittal
D Samuel

Think He'll go Spittal rather than RCC as BS has made more of an impact last 2 games. If Callachan not fit then BS could move in one and RCC wide rather than Cancola.
I think Paton and Tillson need to have big games and protect the back 4 as a defence without Clarke is a weaker unit.

I actually think this is a game that would be ideal for Hungbo and RCC. Their pace on the break is key in games away from home. Cancola was my MOTM on Saturday and I think he deserves a run in the team.

(11-29-2021, 05:00 PM)RCChimp Wrote: AMB
Randal Baldwin Iacovitti Vokins
Paton Tillson
Hungbo Callachan Spittal
D Samuel

Think He'll go Spittal rather than RCC as BS has made more of an impact last 2 games. If Callachan not fit then BS could move in one and RCC wide rather than Cancola.
I think Paton and Tillson need to have big games and protect the back 4 as a defence without Clarke is a weaker unit.

Liked the look of Paton playing further forward and Cancola and Tilson holding. Cancola was the best player on the pitch on Saturday! Harsh for Callachan as I think his runs from the middle are important, but its good for the squad to have some competition for places, which I feel has been missing for a couple of seasons.

Wouldn't be surprised to see RCC on the bench vs St Mirren, as i think he's just slipped off the boil a little bit. I'd go:

AMB
Randall Baldwin Iacovitti Vokins
Tilson Cancola
Hungbo Paton Spittal
White

Indeed there is some great competition in the middle right now and we haven't seen much of Robertson yet or Burroughs and Ben Paton playing in their preferred positions.
Seems strange to say it as we are well up on the goal scoring charts but what we really need is a decent striker. Jordan White 14 games and 2 goals, one from open play.
Scoring frequency 516 min
Goals per game 0.1
Shots per game 1.1
Shots on target per game 0.4
Not really the stats of a main striker

I’m struggling picking a team for this one

AMB
Randall Baldwin iacovitti vokins
Hungbo cancola paton spittal
Callachan
D.Samuel

Harsh on RCC and tillson , I actually like white too but he just doesn’t score enough
Fingers crossed for the 3 points cmon you staggies

All three strikers we have on the books at the moment don't seem to be out-and-out goal scorers. White's link up play is good, and he's always going to be a threat from set pieces so i'd stick with him.

Whoever Malky goes with it will be a tough night vs 3 St Mirren defenders.

I think White works hard, but as mentioned before his goal to game ratio is atrocious. He does put himself about, and is certainly very fit. Every now and again he pops up and surprises you!

This circumstances of this game has opened it up as an easy decision to slot in Volkins at full back for his league debut. Really looking forward to seeing him. Going to miss Harry Clark who would have moved into centre back position I think. Although Spittal had a poor game by his standards on Saturday, the quality of his dead ball free kicks are exceptional.
I'd stick with White up front as I think he's our best option. Hungbo's got to start and I'd rest RCC on the bench.
It's games like these that tell us where we are.

(11-30-2021, 11:42 AM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: This circumstances of this game has opened it up as an easy decision to slot in Volkins at full back for his league debut. Really looking forward to seeing him. Going to miss Harry Clark who would have moved into centre back position I think. Although Spittal had a poor game by his standards on Saturday, the quality of his dead ball free kicks are exceptional.
I'd stick with White up front as I think he's our best option. Hungbo's got to start and I'd rest RCC on the bench.
It's games like these that tell us where we are.
well pretty even so far have always wanted to see Samuel start  but not to impressed so far  hope white is on second half if we can get an early goal second half i think we will settle down and get 2 or 3 Hungbo outstanding again

Bit lucky tonight. Baldwin was our best player, Hungbo anonymous second half. Also thought Spittle went AWOL after 25 mins

Disappointed by Malky tonight, left it too late to make the changes. But all in all we’ve got to be happy with a point.
Vokins was OK, surprised he lasted the 90

Horrendous second half and lucky to escape with a point.

St Johnstone, Dundee and Livingston in our next four games. Anything less than seven points from the four should hopefully see Mackay punted and a new man in charge ready to spend the cash in January.

(12-01-2021, 10:43 PM)RCChimp Wrote: But all in all we’ve got to be happy with a point.

Why? They hadn't won in six games. If we can't beat a side as out of form as that, we don't have a lot of hope.
Racists have no place at RCFC.

Will take an away point to be honest , the wins must come in December though as the likes of Dundee are really starting to pick up

(12-01-2021, 10:44 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: Horrendous second half and lucky to escape with a point.

St Johnstone, Dundee and Livingston in our next four games. Anything less than seven points from the four should hopefully see Mackay punted and a new man in charge ready to spend the cash in January.

Why? They hadn't won in six games. If we can't beat a side as out of form as that, we don't have a lot of hope.
Because it’s more than we deserved on the night

A point away from home on a freezing cold midweek night will always be a welcome point, yes we played crap, but still ground out a result without conceding a goal and its 3 unbeaten now.
Keep the faith, livi and st Johnstone are in freefall.
A number 9 who can score regularly is a absolute must for January though.

Sounds like we were under the cosh for long periods but in the past we wouldn't have managed a clean sheet. We're still in touch and the next couple of games will be vital. Considering where we were just a few weeks ago there's still room for optimism. I didn't see the game tonight but agree we need a goal scoring striker in the transfer window. The few times I've seen Samuel he looks tricky on the ball but doesn't seem to be a natural goal scorer. White tries hard but doesn't quite cut it. What about the other Samuel, will he get another chance I wonder in the next few games?

(12-01-2021, 11:29 PM)It\s Only A Game Wrote: Sounds like we were under the cosh for long periods but in the past we wouldn't have managed a clean sheet. We're still in touch and the next couple of games will be vital. Considering where we were just a few weeks ago there's still room for optimism. I didn't see the game tonight but agree we need a goal scoring striker in the transfer window. The few times I've seen Samuel he looks tricky on the ball but doesn't seem to be a natural goal scorer. White tries hard but doesn't quite cut it. What about the other Samuel, will he get another chance I wonder in the next few games?
Agree,cutting edge up front would make a huge difference . Alex Samuels ,jury out on him,looked totally out of his depth in his one start,and not a renowned goal scorer either. I’m happy with a point,Cancola had a great chance near the end where we could have nicked it. Marcus had Hungbo well marshalled ,and then when he got booked they doubled up on him,didn’t give him an inch of space.

Good enough first half where I thought we were the better team. Several chances to capitalise on that went a begging which is very frustrating.

Second half Godwin’s team talk fired St Mirren up and totally different game which we then had to play on the back foot most of the time.

Slight concern over our tactics then as there didn’t seem to be any moves to counteract St Mirren’s revitalisation other than to defend like trojans.

Understand giving players a chance to prove themselves but really we needed White on after first 10- 15 mins of second half. His goals ratio is not the best but he works his socks off front and back. There was a noticeable improvement when the subs were made, although it was left far too late in my opinion.

One point away from home is not to be sneezed at especially after St Mirren turning it on second half, but can’t help thinking with little changes earlier we might have got all three.

The improvement in our defence is very encouraging and if we could just get in a striker to play off White things could really move up a couple of levels.

First half was good, Hungbo had Marcus all over the place and we had some decent chances.

For the bulk of the second half we were all over the place and were lucky Baldwin, Watson, Vokins, Randall and AMB had good games and put their bodies on the line multiple times. Our attack utterly died as our forward players totally fell out of the game until White came on and his presence forced St. Mirren further back.

Was a real chance I thought to get something down there against a St. Mirren side out of form and short on numbers but we were very very lucky to get anything.

A few have mentioned that a point away from home is good. Only good if it's followed up with home wins.