Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
County in the Press
(01-13-2022, 05:14 PM)RCChimp Wrote: He never abused anyone, he sent a number of inappropriate PRIVATE messages that were leaked. There has been no inappropriate behaviour since, personal apologies made and support for anti racist campaigns. He has never been charged with a crime.
Surely you can move on from that. 
Interestingly enough I've never heard you moan about Harry Paton being at the club, are his alleged mistakes more acceptable to you?

[Admin edited]
He likes been fed ,so don’t feed him gadge.

(01-13-2022, 11:28 PM)RCChimp Wrote: Wasn’t accusing him of anything or saying any details, but point taken.
I’ve made mistakes in life and I don’t sit on my high horse constantly judging others.

Have you made racist, homophobic, sexist or anti semitic comments in your adult life?

As for Paton, firstly he hasn't been convicted of anything. If he is, then you'd hope the club would do the right thing and terminate his contract.
Racists have no place at RCFC.

https://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/spor...wi-267335/

The only ways is up......... baby !!

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/jordan-...6766651000

Busy day yesterday with new contracts being sorted. Not the one we are all hoping for!!

If we are looking to progress next season then I think these are squad players at best. White and Tillson have both gone about their business well this season but they are the sort of players we should be looking to upgrade.

(03-09-2022, 10:51 AM)RCChimp Wrote: https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/jordan-...6766651000

Busy day yesterday with new contracts being sorted. Not the one we are all hoping for!!

If we are looking to progress next season then I think these are squad players at best. White and Tillson have both gone about their business well this season but they are the sort of players we should be looking to upgrade.

Kinda harsh on Tillson, I think he's come on a fair bit this season and has really answered the "Cancola or Tillson" debate quite handily. If he could cut the odd wild lunge out of his game, he's basically set up to be the anchor next to a more progressive midfielder. That's the role we need sorting out.

(03-09-2022, 11:16 AM)DeLeeuw\s Boot Wrote: Kinda harsh on Tillson, I think he's come on a fair bit this season and has really answered the "Cancola or Tillson" debate quite handily. If he could cut the odd wild lunge out of his game, he's basically set up to be the anchor next to a more progressive midfielder. That's the role we need sorting out.
I think he’s been good don’t disagree. For me though the team has no heartbeat in the CM. Needs a leader in there to control games. Slow things down, speed things up. It’s not him. Has a part to play but to progress the CM needs more overall quality.

Nice interview with Cookie

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/former-ch...-scotland/

(03-14-2022, 10:01 AM)RCChimp Wrote: Nice interview with Cookie

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/former-ch...-scotland/

Another great article from cookie, he knows best, people should listen to him and move on from the racist nonsense that they continue to associate with malky.
It's great to see the mutual respect between the two.

(03-15-2022, 06:30 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: Another great article from cookie, he knows best, people should listen to him and move on from the racist nonsense that they continue to associate with malky.
It's great to see the mutual respect between the two.

Regardless of your opinion of Mackay and his appointment, racism should never be described as nonsense.  That's a deeply ignorant thing to say.

stunning piece of writing, cant agree more !!

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/f...ix-leckie/

lots of County love out there

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/...ts-3648466

(04-11-2022, 01:31 PM)RCChimp Wrote: stunning piece of writing, cant agree more !!

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/f...ix-leckie/

well said bill leckie, totally agree, I just wish those who remain against him would listen to Charles-Cooke, hungbo etc and how much they like and respect him and what he has done for them, look at his work with the rainbow laces campaign, then take a step back and ask themselves the question( without judgement), does this really sound like a man who is homophobic/ racist??????

(04-11-2022, 05:36 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: well said bill leckie, totally agree, I just wish those who remain against him would listen to Charles-Cooke, hungbo etc and how much they like and respect him and what he has done for them, look at his work with the rainbow laces campaign, then take a step back and ask themselves the question( without judgement), does this really sound like a man who is homophobic/ racist??????
I understand what you are saying but for me have to respectfully disagree.  I didn't renew my season ticket this year because of his appointment and the way it was handled as I think it flew in the face of the so-called community club.  I did also worry about his appointment on a football basis and he has definitely proved me wrong on that but I did follow us through McStay and Coyle so can live with abject failure on the pitch.  He may well have been changed by his experience and Charles-Cooke and Hungbo see that (though they have had good seasons and have a context in which they may be making such comments) but he did little when he was appointed to suggest he took responsibility for his actions.  I really want to believe that - because I really want to be back watching football but I'm afraid I didn't see it and in not seeing it couldn't bring myself or want to take my kids to see County.  I'm sad about that but don't feel like rushing back just simply because from a football point of view things have worked out.

People who express self-righteous morality are usually the ones with the darkest shadows.

(04-13-2022, 09:29 PM)roth08 Wrote: I understand what you are saying but for me have to respectfully disagree.  I didn't renew my season ticket this year because of his appointment and the way it was handled as I think it flew in the face of the so-called community club.  I did also worry about his appointment on a football basis and he has definitely proved me wrong on that but I did follow us through McStay and Coyle so can live with abject failure on the pitch.  He may well have been changed by his experience and Charles-Cooke and Hungbo see that (though they have had good seasons and have a context in which they may be making such comments) but he did little when he was appointed to suggest he took responsibility for his actions.  I really want to believe that - because I really want to be back watching football but I'm afraid I didn't see it and in not seeing it couldn't bring myself or want to take my kids to see County.  I'm sad about that but don't feel like rushing back just simply because from a football point of view things have worked out.

This is a very good post.

(04-14-2022, 07:31 PM)Forfinn Wrote: This is a very good post.
Malky Mackay was a brilliant appointment, hope he’s around for years, fantastic season

(04-14-2022, 04:54 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: People who express self-righteous morality are usually the ones with the darkest shadows.
Didn't think I was expressing self-righteous morality.  I've certainly made mistakes in my life - lots of them and certainly don't think making mistakes should be a deal breaker.  But I also think given the role MM has is a public one to some extent that taking responsibility for actions is important and that would have likely meant a different decision.  It's not easy come match days as I want to be there but I'm comfortable with the decision for me and my kids is the right one.

(04-18-2022, 04:00 PM)roth08 Wrote: Didn't think I was expressing self-righteous morality.  I've certainly made mistakes in my life - lots of them and certainly don't think making mistakes should be a deal breaker.  But I also think given the role MM has is a public one to some extent that taking responsibility for actions is important and that would have likely meant a different decision.  It's not easy come match days as I want to be there but I'm comfortable with the decision for me and my kids is the right one.

That’s your decision and you shouldn’t have to justify it. I looked at the appointment and made a different decision. At this point in time is Mackay a racist? I’ve seen absolutely nothing to suggest he is. Has he made mistakes in the past? Yes. 

I go to the football with my Dad, it’s a great way to spend an enjoyable couple of hours with the old man, we’ve been doing it for near 30 years. Am I going to let one iffy appointment ruin that for me? My old man isn’t going to be around forever so no I’m not. The Club is bigger and means more to me than one manager, so I will continue to attend and support my club with my Dad beside me whilst I can. No qualms on that.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%...k7NH5A&s=1

Malky has done the job he was brought in for

The self righteous brigade that are complaining and abstaining from games are the ones missing out

I saw a post further up that Malky "did little to show he'd taken responsibility for his actions".

Why does he need to? Just because he's come to RCFC it doesn't give any supporter or punter the God given right to demand he drops to his knees and asks for forgiveness at every given opportunity.

He's here as a manager, he's doing a great job, he's learnt from his past and is being a better person.

How do you feel he should be "showing responsibility for his actions"? Should he pull you in for a one on one to explain that "yeah I was in the wrong, I realise that, and I'm trying to be a better person now"

Or should he just get on with his job and ignore the busy bodies that want to pass judgement?