Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vs Celtic 11/09/21
Should be easy enough, beat them the last couple of times without conceding a goal lol.
Will laidlaw keep his place?? 
I'd like to see hungbo start, fast, powerful and can see him scaring the c**p out of the Celtic defence if picked.
I'm going for an optimistic 1-1 draw.

obviously very tough, we need a good first half or may turn out to be damage limitation.

Think there has to be changes due to injuries last time out, probably Laidlaw will remain tho, not sure this is the place to throw in a new keeper.
A draw would be a fantastic result but I feel may be out of reach on this trip.

1-2 County - Smile

Tbh honest if we don’t change the keeper after Laidlaw’s Aberdeen and Rangers performances then when will we ever. What’s the point in having a second keeper?
Going to be extremely difficult and expectations should be tempered. Hopefully our injury list should be improving by now.

For me it’s a tricky decision as to who to start up top , white is good as a hold up player but going by the reviews Alex Samuel is supposedly an absolute workhorse so this might be the game for him , would start hungbo too

Maynard-brewer
Randall Clarke iacovitti Paton
Charles-cook cancola callachan spittal hungbo
A Samuel

You know things are looking up when your picking a starting 11 and not being sure about it due to good players being on the bench , mon the staggies

After the first 15 minutes of the Rangers game I thought we were in for a complete hammering but by the end I felt relatively positive. In the past that would have been 5 or 6 nil. But we fought and we showed glimpses of real potential. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the first 15 minutes at Celtic. If they score a quick couple of goals will we buckle as in the past or manage to make a game of it.?
Regardless of the result on Saturday, I think we do have a squad to avoid the bottom two panic this season.

I'd forgotten about putting someone on the ignore list. Thanks for the reminder.

Either a gutsy, backs to the wall performance where we pick up a credible draw or a disappointing 4-0 defeat.

(09-08-2021, 12:18 AM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: For me it’s a tricky decision as to who to start up top , white is good as a hold up player but going by the reviews Alex Samuel is supposedly an absolute workhorse so this might be the game for him , would start hungbo too

Maynard-brewer
Randall Clarke  iacovitti Paton
Charles-cook cancola callachan spittal hungbo
A Samuel

You know things are looking up when your picking a starting 11 and not being sure about it due to good players being on the bench , mon the staggies

I think Randall is injured, maybe Baldwin could come in?

(09-08-2021, 02:41 PM)RCChimp Wrote: I think Randall is injured, maybe Baldwin could come in?

Clarke is by trade a RB. Maybe he'll go our as we'll if we got 3-5-2 it'll up being 6-3-1 for most of the game.

Burroughs also fit now and can play there, I’d leave Clarke where he is

0-0 half time , Burroughs and Alex Samuel both started , 2strikers from the start interesting

3-0 to a rotten Sellick side.

Malkkky OUT!

Undone by a deflection. Game plan was fine and were dealing with Celtic quite well up until that.
After that goes in we're chasing the game, massive chance at 1-0 with Alex Samuel header which was saved by Hart. If that goes in..........
Unfortunately Celtic go straight up the park after that and it's game over!

(09-11-2021, 06:16 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Undone by a deflection. Game plan was fine and were dealing with Celtic quite well up until that.
After that goes in we're chasing the game, massive chance at 1-0 with Alex Samuel header which was saved by Hart. If that goes in..........
Unfortunately Celtic go straight up the park after that and it's game over!
Dominic Samuel should have scored,lay in the grass feeling sorry for himself missing,but if he had got up quickly, he could have had a second chance to score.
Thought RCC was excellent today.

(09-11-2021, 06:57 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Dominic Samuel should have scored,lay in the grass feeling sorry for himself missing,but if he had got up quickly, he could have had a second chance to score.
Thought RCC was excellent today.

Hard to call anyone excellent when you get battered by more than three goals yet again.

Malkkky OUT!

The first goal is very unlucky there is nothing laidlaw can do about that , Dom Samuel very unlucky not to score he didn’t do a lot wrong with his effort , onto an “easier” run of games now so season starts here really

We were very unlucky against a Celtic team riddled with luck. I think things are positive as we approach our bread and butter teams !

(09-11-2021, 08:09 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: The first goal is very unlucky there is nothing laidlaw can do about that , Dom Samuel very unlucky not to score he didn’t do a lot wrong with his effort , onto an “easier” run of games now so season starts here really
I'm a fan of Laidlaw but I felt he could have sorted his feet out better and had he been able to he would have saved it. Probably over critical but I make no apologies. He's a goalkeeper!

(09-11-2021, 09:56 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: I'm a fan of Laidlaw but I felt he could have sorted his feet out better and had he been able to he would have saved it. Probably over critical but I make no apologies. He's a goalkeeper!
Got to agree Jamie, I think that is laidlaws weakness,doesn’t move his feet quickly enough, Morelos goal v us another example.
Over critical maybe,as he is a great shot stopper.

(09-11-2021, 07:27 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: Hard to call anyone excellent when you get battered by more than three goals yet again.

Malkkky OUT!
we all have a pop at someone now and again when we dont think they have played very well myself included over the last couple off weeks i thought RCC was all at sea and said so 
yesterday our whole team played there socks off and were unlucky to lose by 3 so congrats to all including our manager
you on the other hand look for any reason to slate our team and slag of our manager so as many others have requested can you please return to the Caley forum from whence you came

(09-11-2021, 08:09 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: The first goal is very unlucky there is nothing laidlaw can do about that , Dom Samuel very unlucky not to score he didn’t do a lot wrong with his effort , onto an “easier” run of games now so season starts here really

I thought Laidlaw was much better yesterday.
I was actually really annoyed with Samuels miss, it was a fine effort from a well worked move. What annoyed me was him staying on the deck after. Had he jumped back up he would have had a tap in from the Burroughs cut back that followed, rather than it hitting his side. The ball was still live, get up man!

A decent effort yesterday, I think the defence looks better each week and both makeshift fullbacks did well. Another tough game coming Saturday but I think we should start to get some good point rewards in the coming weeks. 

in Malky I trust!