Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hibs Away
hopefully the Livi game is a bit of a confidence booster. Last game at Easter road was probably my favourite away game this season (well 70mins of it was utter dross but a good ending). Hopefully we can come away with at least a point from this, hopefully we get a decent support down for the game despite it being midweek. I’d go for a 4-2-3-1 Baxter foster Donaldson Watson Kelly Draper Chalmers Mullin Vigurs Paton McKay.

Foster in because he was the best player on the park last time against hibs, influential. hibs’ full backs are mince so wingbacks could be crucial. Chalmers same situation, last time brilliant as well as he gives us a little defence cover too. Vigurs in the CAM role and Paton and Mullin on a narrow 3. Convinced Paton will be decent playing in a narrow wide role especially with Kelly and foster pushing up as full backs. Billy deserves hibs start after last match.

Would be pleased with another draw, Hibs have impoved a bit since Ross arrived. Oli Shaw must fancy it against their not very pacy backline now that Naismith is back at his parent club.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Match is on BBC Alba later in the evening on Wednesday
Supporter Liaison Officer 

With hamilton currently getting beaten 3-0 by the Dandy a win at hibs away would be massive for us. A good result against Saint J on saturday and could say that would be enough to be safe.
If thats not an incentive to give 110% as they did against Livi then it might be a twitchy run in.
Some old gadgie once said the aim is to get the same number of points as games played and you will be safe

(02-10-2020, 08:02 PM)Ullapool Staggie Wrote: hopefully the Livi game is a bit of a confidence booster. Last game at Easter road was probably my favourite away game this season (well 70mins of it was utter dross but a good ending). Hopefully we can come away with at least a point from this, hopefully we get a decent support down for the game despite it being midweek. I’d go for a 4-2-3-1 Baxter foster Donaldson Watson Kelly Draper Chalmers Mullin Vigurs Paton McKay.

Foster in because he was the best player on the park last time against hibs, influential. hibs’ full backs are mince so wingbacks could be crucial. Chalmers same situation, last time brilliant as well as he gives us a little defence cover too. Vigurs in the CAM role and Paton and Mullin on a narrow 3. Convinced Paton will be decent playing in a narrow wide role especially with Kelly and foster pushing up as full backs. Billy deserves hibs start after last match.
Same team as Saturday, don't change a winning side.Your team omits Draper for Chalmers????? Draper was v influential on Saturday and picked up the motm award despite Billy scoring twice.  Cool

(02-12-2020, 09:32 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Same team as Saturday, don't change a winning side.Your team omits Draper for Chalmers????? Draper was v influential on Saturday and picked up the motm award despite Billy scoring twice.  Cool
Draper is in the team I suggested playing along side Chalmers as a double CDM?

(02-12-2020, 10:33 AM)Ullapool Staggie Wrote: Draper is in the team I suggested playing along side Chalmers as a double CDM?
My mistake, can't read. You have Chalmers in for Erwin then?

Still wouldn't change personnel and system from Saturday. Don't think Hibs would handle the high pressure tactics we deployed and their fans would be right on top of them if things weren't going their way.
We had both full backs in advanced positions and as you've pointed out, Hibs full backs will struggle with that. Mackay and especially Erwin would enjoy a few decent cross balls against Hibs CH's.
Who knows what we'll get though as we've been pretty inconsistent so far, that said we've a good record against Hibs.
I'll, optimistically, go for a 2-1 win,!

(02-12-2020, 05:39 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: My mistake, can't read. You have Chalmers in for Erwin then?

Still wouldn't change personnel and system from Saturday. Don't think Hibs would handle the high pressure tactics we deployed and their fans would be right on top of them if things weren't going their way.
We had both full backs in advanced positions and as you've pointed out, Hibs full backs will struggle with that. Mackay and especially Erwin would enjoy a few decent cross balls against Hibs CH's.
Who knows what we'll get though as we've been pretty inconsistent so far, that said we've a good record against Hibs.
I'll, optimistically, go for a 2-1 win,!

We didn't play on Saturday. Can only assume the stress of the season is getting to you.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(02-12-2020, 05:58 PM)Spain Wrote: We didn't play on Saturday. Can only assume the stress of the season is getting to you.
That and just finished nightshift. Having trouble telling the difference between my ar$e and my elbow!

Same team as Livingston game last Wednesday just been announced.

That's wrong too. Morris totally dropping out and Watson in. 
Is Morris injured........again?

Callum Morris out yet again! What is going on there ?

Not an auspicious start.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Oh dear. 2-0.

Another hammering, this season is hard going...

Don't think I'll be watching Alba tonight.......

Feel like we have a pretty good record of penalty saves this season. Is that a positive to take from this game?

The fact we aren't bottom of the league is genuinely astounding with some of the football on show.

Normal service is resumed, stand down men.

We need a shake up , foster shaw and mullin need to be starting imo also don’t see what spence or tillson has done wrong

Just watched the highlights, couldn't bring myself to watch Alba. Hibs 1st was an excellent pass and finish but their 2nd and 3rd goals were terrible defending. Players need to step up and win their personal battles. Players were bullied for the 2nd and 3rd!

This inconsistency must be driving Ferg n Ketts mental. I'm not seeing too much wrong tactically, admittedly I'm no expert, but individual players just aren't doing their job week in week out. Trouble is, it's different players every week!

I think we'll remain in the SPL, but only because there's worse teams than us. If we do then I reckon we need to move some players on and find some balance in the squad. Too many CM's and not enough wide players is glaringly obvious.
Other players seem to be injury prone and also need replaced.

Result against St Johnstone is a must. C'mon County.

(02-13-2020, 09:02 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Just watched the highlights, couldn't bring myself to watch Alba. Hibs 1st was an excellent pass and finish but their 2nd and 3rd goals were terrible defending. Players need to step up and win their personal battles. Players were bullied for the 2nd and 3rd!

This inconsistency must be driving Ferg n Ketts mental. I'm not seeing too much wrong tactically, admittedly I'm no expert, but individual players just aren't doing their job week in week out. Trouble is, it's different players every week!

I think we'll remain in the SPL, but only because there's worse teams than us. If we do then I reckon we need to move some players on and find some balance in the squad. Too many CM's and not enough wide players is glaringly obvious.
Other players seem to be injury prone and also need replaced.

Result against St Johnstone is a must. C'mon County.
I understand what you say about mistakes etc but throughout the season we don't seem to have a settled plan and structure - we moved to a back five and in the game against Livingston looked ok but I had thought the four at the back with Donaldson and Watson had looked pretty decent particularly with Tillson in (would be strengthens further with Draper alongside.  The managers need to take some responsibility that we don't have that clear plan and structure nor do i think do they know their best team.  Difficult for the players if things keep changing though hopefully at home on Saturday we can control the game a little better.

(02-13-2020, 11:53 AM)roth08 Wrote: I understand what you say about mistakes etc but throughout the season we don't seem to have a settled plan and structure - we moved to a back five and in the game against Livingston looked ok but I had thought the four at the back with Donaldson and Watson had looked pretty decent particularly with Tillson in (would be strengthens further with Draper alongside.  The managers need to take some responsibility that we don't have that clear plan and structure nor do i think do they know their best team.  Difficult for the players if things keep changing though hopefully at home on Saturday we can control the game a little better.

Horses for courses ,unfortunately some horses lazy don’t stick to Plan or man plus you can only. P with the T  you have  been given , fact I know  some players managers went  after, Boyce was one. Wee Docherty.  who was  instrumental for Hibs.  Last night  Jamie Murphy. Scoring for fun in England  couple of Celtic youths 
some players don’t want to leave central belt,  others Roy wouldn’t sanction ,ill back the managers to keep us up they got us through championship  but  needed  to buy better  for this  league.  you  get what  you
pay for. Roy again , this two managers first go at this level ,deserve to be kept , but. Must be cut eventually to One manager ,  cmon county ,now before you all go. ! Aw ! NAw ! He’s back. Nit really 

it takes great mental concentration.  I’m Vascular Dimentia. Have diary. Write what I’ve seen and said otherwise. Yesterday dead and gone. So. Niw sigh ? of reliefe for you  lol ?