Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Team of the decade
Seeing as the club have put a poll up on Twitter, thought we should do one here.

Mine is:

McGovern

Miller
Davies
Munro
Zeus

Brittain
Lawson
Irvine
Vigurs

Midge

Boyce

Shout outs to Scott Boyd, Scotty Mo, Ketts, Schalk and Fox.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(01-03-2020, 07:03 PM)Despot Wrote: Seeing as the club have put a poll up on Twitter, thought we should do one here.

Mine is:

McGovern

Miller
Davies
Munro
Zeus

Brittain
Lawson
Irvine
Vigurs

Midge

Boyce

Shout outs to Scott Boyd, Scotty Mo, Ketts, Schalk and Fox.

Good choice, I'd probably have fox ahead of McGovern and Naismith ahead of gary Miller and although they weren't here for very long I'd have melvin de leeww and Philip kiss and possibly Ivan sproule in the squad.

(01-03-2020, 09:22 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Good choice, I'd probably have fox ahead of McGovern and Naismith ahead of gary Miller and although they weren't here for very long I'd have melvin de leeww and Philip kiss and possibly Ivan sproule in the squad.

Naismith probably missed out in my head because the rest of the defence was so bad that season.

Fox
Fraser
Munro
Boyd
Fitzpatrick
Brittain
Vigurs
Irvine
Gardyne
Boyce
Mcmenamin

Very tricky choices , special mentions to Davies ,schalk, oikonomou, sproule, de leeuw, kiss, McGovern, Lawson , kettlewell....... I could go on and on but also note picked this team due to longevity at the club as well as level of play

ETA Paul Quinn, he was great for us!!

If I'd done a second eleven the centre halves would of been Quinn and Scott Boyd. In fact, my second XI would be:

Fox

Cikos
Scott Boyd
Quinn
Scotty Mo

Sproule
Kiss
Ketts
De Vita (REALLY struggling for decent left sided players)

De Leeuw

McMenamin

Schalk drops out as I always felt his inability to work out the offside rule at times hinders him in a 4-4-1-1.

Fox

Foster
Davies
Boyd
Morrison

Brittain
Lindsay
Irvine
Gardyne

Boyce
Shalk

What, no Hainault? Anywhere?

(01-07-2020, 09:24 PM)Wicky Wrote: What, no Hainault? Anywhere?

Class player, will always be remembered for bursting the tinks beachball lol, pity we didn't get to see more of him.

(01-07-2020, 09:40 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Class player, will always be remembered for bursting the tinks beachball lol, pity we didn't get to see more of him.
One of the best centre halfs to grace Victoria Park.  Great pity we didn't give him the 2 year deal he wanted..

Hainault was a class player, just didn't get enough game time with us to make the team of the decade.