Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County v Hibs, 04/12/19
Good chance for a point tonight ... possibly three?

Wonder what team they will put out tonight! Really have to pick up points in our next 2 home games. Mon the staggies.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

(12-04-2019, 08:07 AM)Deke Slayton Wrote: Good chance for a point tonight ... possibly three?

With the way we are defending?
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

This game is not going to be easy Don't know what the team will be Hibs may be playing better but there defence is still shaky I think with a bit of luck we might get a point COYS

(12-04-2019, 10:39 AM)County Lad Wrote: This game is not going to be easy Don't know what the team will be Hibs may be playing better but there defence is still shaky I think with a bit of luck we might get a point COYS

I think a win tonight is vital, we should have won at Easter Road had we gone at them from the start. Anything less and we’re getting drawn into the mire at the wrong end of the table.

The team really need to get a win tonight, to go into double figures without a win will be a big phsycological blow and dent the players confidence for the next few games unless that elusive win comes sooner rather than later, this will be a harder game than the last time we played them, hopefully the team turn that corner tonight and get the 3 points.

Fraser benched again, Fontaine starting again.

Don't think we should be fearing Hibs. We have beaten them the same number of times as they have beaten us in the Sottish Premiership (four wins apiece) with three league draws. Although they have a better run of current form than us, belief will be the key tonight.

I would also like to see a much higher defensive line. Andrew Davies used to be the master of organising/ bullying the defence and dictating the high line where his fellow defenders should be
positioned I.e. not constantly retreated with backs to the wall, and playing under severe pressure as per recent games. Who can play the Davies role now ?

I would also like to see a more pressing game from County winning the ball back much more quickly when not in possession rather than the current less effective tactic of retaining shape behind the ball when it is lost.

After we scored late on to get a point in the most recent meeting at Easter Road, some of the exasperated Hibs support were saying "it's only feckin Ross County".

Misplaced arrogance given our overall record against them ?

So I say "c'mon County, it's only feckin Hibs"....

Absolutely stunned that Fontaine gets a start again, Watson on the bench too.

All i can say is he must be amazing in training all week.

Finished work late so missing the game- hearing Baxter wasn't too clever for the goal.

We absolutely have to keep hold of Ross Stewart until the end of the season.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Great second half performance against a strong wind. Stewart took his two goals so well, the keeper missed the cross completely but he kept his eye on the ball for the first, and he had to generate power in his header for the second.
I’m often critical of Fontaine,but he was solid in second half.
Other results went our way as well.
A good night, only hope Fosters injury is not too serious

Fontaine had a very good game. Paton and Spence very solid in middle of park. Signs of a settled team coming?

Great result , liking the look of Paton and spence in the middle , kudos to the managers for playing two wide players as well as two strikers it’s not often we do that!

Paton was very good I thought, kept some pressure on. Fontaine had a good game, credit where it's due. We were about one pass away from being clean through on goal a couple of times, just need to improve that decision making.

Thought Mullin had a good game once he shifted back out onto the wing and not in the middle. He was okay there too but lacked the killer pass needed.

Well that was unexpected

A few thoughts based on the highlights (feel free to interject, those of you who saw the other 85 minutes):
- Porteous should have been sent off for a disgraceful lunge on Mullzy (good to finally see some output from him at this level, btw)
- More Harry Paton, please
- Jack Ross's honeymoon period turned out to be a day trip to Perth
- How on earth does that Hibs keeper get a game ahead of Marciano? He flapped at Stewart's equaliser and had a horrendous clearance which led to a chance for (a possibly offside) Graham. With a couple of notable exceptions, whether it's missing crucial penalties or falling off yachts, Maxwells are historically unreliable
- Jason Naismith: still got it. Oh, if only
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

At half time I was trying to figure out what the formation was. Back four aside, it looked like 3-1-1-1? Graham up top, Mullin behind him, Stewart out wide and Paton & Spence behind, with Gardyne wide?? I’m no tactician but the last two games has taught me Stewart is excellent with his head. Surely if we play Stewart and Graham then put them together up front, fire crosses in and goals will come. We have excellent wingers in Gardyne and Mullin capable of providing a service, add to that Kelly and Foster who can both cross well. Play your best players in their best positions?? Anyway, maybe I’m being simplistic.

It was a far from vintage performance, but we were less bad than Hibs. Stewart took both his goals very well, he’s really improving every month.

Martin Boyle is a player, can see him moving on. Kamberi is an absolute donkey. I also noticed Naismith tired badly, he used to do that too for us.

Paton deserves to keep his place and get a run of games, hopefully Celtic haven't insisted that Henderson must play a minimum number of games as Paton would probably be the one that misses out because of it.

What is going on with Marcus Fraser? From captain to sub? Although I notice the second goal was scored after he came on last night...

(12-05-2019, 03:02 PM)jockyscot Wrote: What is going on with Marcus Fraser? From captain to sub? Although I notice the second goal was scored after he came on last night...

Being captain shouldn't guarantee a starting place, thankfully it doesn't.

Foster has looked good when I've seen him play.

(12-05-2019, 01:04 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: At half time I was trying to figure out what the formation was. Back four aside, it looked like 3-1-1-1? Graham up top, Mullin behind him, Stewart out wide and Paton & Spence behind, with Gardyne wide?? I’m no tactician but the last two games has taught me Stewart is excellent with his head. Surely if we play Stewart and Graham then put them together up front, fire crosses in and goals will come. We have excellent wingers in Gardyne and Mullin capable of providing a service, add to that Kelly and Foster who can both cross well. Play your best players in their best positions?? Anyway, maybe I’m being simplistic.

It was a far from vintage performance, but we were less bad than Hibs. Stewart took both his goals very well, he’s really improving every month.

Martin Boyle is a player, can see him moving on. Kamberi is an absolute donkey. I also noticed Naismith tired badly, he used to do that too for us.

Think we started 4-4-1-1, with Stewart our wide and Mullin the 1 behind Graham. Mullin naturally kept pulling out to the right which made it look lopsided. It didn’t work.

Once we changed and put Mullin out wide it was much better. Not sure why were playing our best striker wide and our best winger more central.

Stewart’s second goal was excellent I thought. Hardly any pace on the ball before the header.