Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County vs Celtic 01/12/19
Ah, the fun of midday Sunday kickoffs and the joy of getting through from Inverness in time to avoid the mob.

I have a bad, bad feeling about this. Celtic scoring for fun, us unable to defend at any point.

Can't see past a convincing away win.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Can’t wait to share my seats with the away fans again.

Pumped

(11-27-2019, 08:16 PM)Iker Wrote: Can’t wait to share my seats with the away fans again.

I have 100% confidence in the club's safety and security procedures that they undoubtedly rigorously enforce to eject away fans from the home stands. For sure.

I think we should parachute Levein in for one game and play a 5-5 formation.

Also, if we forfeit then we only lose by 3 goals to nil. Which is probably about 2 or 3 goals better than it's going to be otherwise.

Might as well use this game to shuffle some people around, maybe drop Fontaine, change the defensive shape, get Foster on somewhere. I've no clue who our striker should be given that we'll be going one up front most likely. Would like to see Baxter keep his spot and get a wee run of games going.

I'm not one of the people that thinks including Simon Power will suddenly turn us into world beaters, but where is he? (I guess the obvious answer is 'not good enough' or something, if the managers aren't impressed in training)

(11-27-2019, 11:43 PM)NVACA Wrote: Also, if we forfeit then we only lose by 3 goals to nil. Which is probably about 2 or 3 goals better than it's going to be otherwise.

Might as well use this game to shuffle some people around, maybe drop Fontaine, change the defensive shape, get Foster on somewhere. I've no clue who our striker should be given that we'll be going one up front most likely. Would like to see Baxter keep his spot and get a wee run of games going.

I'm not one of the people that thinks including Simon Power will suddenly turn us into world beaters, but where is he? (I guess the obvious answer is 'not good enough' or something, if the managers aren't impressed in training)

Power at least might get teams sitting a yard or two deeper because of his pace. Mullin is decent over the first few yards but isn't lightning quick and Midge has never had pace.

(11-27-2019, 11:17 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: I think we should parachute Levein in for one game and play a 5-5 formation.

Why not play both Laidlaw and Baxter in goals from the start with the rest of the team standing on the goal line.

Am I being too defensive?

(11-28-2019, 08:53 AM)Despot Wrote: Power at least might get teams sitting a yard or two deeper because of his pace. Mullin is decent over the first few yards but isn't lightning quick and Midge has never had pace.

I believe Power has left. Disgraceful if true and I am now concerned with the management , everything considered!

Really not looking forward to this one.
Hope I'm wrong but all I can see is a heavy defeat for us.
Our team cannot defend front to back, give the ball away too much and give the top teams far too much respect and time on the ball.
If they want to avoid an embarrassing, possibly record breaking defeat, then they need to be at it and in Celtic players faces from the off.
I've not seen that type of performance from the current county team. We need a team of Kettlewells!

Score first and we may make it interesting. Concede first and we all know the script. Roll on December and an opportunity to pick up points. COYS.

(11-27-2019, 11:14 PM)NVACA Wrote: I have 100% confidence in the club's safety and security procedures that they undoubtedly rigorously enforce to eject away fans from the home stands. For sure.

This is said in jest isn't it??

(11-30-2019, 11:33 PM)munlochy staggie Wrote: This is said in jest isn't it??

Whatever gave that away! Haha

Fontaine starting again, desperate to get new defensive bodies in during the winter.

Listening in on sportsound, Cannae believe Charlie Christie and billy Dodds expressing shock and surprise at countys best defender Marcus Fraser being dropped, I'm sure all county fans would agree it's been long overdue, although Fontaine should really be the first one dropped.

(12-01-2019, 12:58 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Listening in on sportsound, Cannae believe Charlie Christie and billy Dodds expressing shock and surprise at countys best defender Marcus Fraser being dropped, I'm sure all county fans would agree it's been long overdue, although Fontaine should really be the first one dropped.

At his best I believe he is our best defender, but it's been a long, long time since he's shown anything like that.

I am absolutely dreading Sunday.this could just be a record score in the Scottish Premiere.the way our defence is,the way our team are playing,I have supported County for 66 years,and I have never seen a Ross County side so devoid of ambition, of effort, and of organization. And when the chairman comes out with this unbelievable statement of. "I would take 10th today and settle for another year in the league.”What does that tell you about what’s going on at Ross County at the moment. that tells me that he is given up on survival, he wants to take what he’s got now.That tells me he doesn’t have confidence for the future. I’m going to put a name in the frame,this coach is very very highly rated and Ross County need someone with his pedigree
Neil Critchley. He is one of only 16 in the country to have gained the highest possible qualification in the game after he was handpicked by the FA to take UEFA's first elite badge course.
After 18 months the former midfielder graduated - and is currently among the top-graded coaches in Europe. Come on Roy get in there.He is highly rated at Liverpool football club just make enquiries.He is under 23’s manager at Liverpool,they don’t employ monkeys.

We have no chance today ref has just gifted Celtic a penalty

(12-01-2019, 01:12 PM)the reaper Wrote: We have no chance today ref has just gifted Celtic a penalty

Nah, Watson did catch Morgan late- it wasn't a nasty one but you can tell from his immediate reaction he knows he's messed up.

Was a good save by Baxter as well, pity Christie reacted fastest.

Pleasing!

Ah well, the inevitable collapse.

Big games vs Hibs and Killie now, we're sliding down that table at a fair speed.