Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County vs St. Mirren 23/11
Another game against a team expected to be in the bottom six with us.

We can't defend, they can't score. Will either be 0-0 or 4-4.

I'd take a draw to keep points ticking on the board as I just do not trust our defence right now.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

I would like to see a defence of

Laidlaw ( but wouldn’t argue against Baxter getting a chance if fully match fit)

Foster - Morris - Watson - Kelly

With Fraser (or Draper) - covering in front

Midfield- issues with fitness here but IMO, currently,

Stewart - Henderson - Chalmers ( or Paton) - Gardyne

Up front
Graham ( or Erwin )

With FRASER playing the cover role I would hope that he would be able to push forward into right midfield if the game allows and push STEWART up into twin striker role.

We must use the wings properly and feed the centre forward(s) with cross balls from the wing - not from straight up the pitch from directly behind them as we have a recent habit of doing.

This is a must win game I think. We can realistically forget about points from Celtic and Hibs are looking like they are making up for lost time so that will certainly not be a stroll in the park.

Whilst we are lying 6th we haven’t really clicked so far this season, so maybe Saturday will change that - fingers crossed!

(11-19-2019, 08:12 PM)Brick in the wall Wrote: I would like to see a defence of

Laidlaw ( but wouldn’t argue against Baxter getting a chance if fully match fit)

Foster - Morris - Watson - Kelly

With Fraser (or Draper) - covering in front

Midfield- issues with fitness here but IMO, currently,

Stewart - Henderson - Chalmers ( or Paton) - Gardyne

Up front
Graham ( or Erwin )

With FRASER playing the cover role I would hope that he would be able to push forward into right midfield if the game allows and push STEWART up into twin striker role.

We must use the wings properly and feed the centre forward(s) with cross balls from the wing - not from straight up the pitch from directly behind them as we have a recent habit of doing.

This is a must win game I think. We can realistically forget about points from Celtic and Hibs are looking like they are making up for lost time so that will certainly not be a stroll in the park.

Whilst we are lying 6th we haven’t really clicked so far this season, so maybe Saturday will change that - fingers crossed!

I like the way you picked this team but if he is fit I would have Spence in beside Henderson and Fraser as holding player I think this would allow Stewart and Cardyne to support striker

(11-22-2019, 01:52 PM)County Lad Wrote: I like the way you picked this team but if he is fit I would have Spence in beside Henderson and Fraser as holding player I think this would allow Stewart and Cardyne to support striker

I agree- I think away games against the likes of St Mirren we're going to need a bit of a dig. Godwin will have told his players to press our midfield as it's worked for other teams this season so someone who can moved around and do the same back is essential. Henderson is too lightweight and it isn't Chalmers natural game despite being a fair size of lad.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Wonder if Baxter will get picked for this one or is it too early? Hopefully ( with all due respect) Fontaine will be dropped, status and experience hasn't worked for our defence so far, so, will the management have the bottle to drop some of those who are probably the first names on the sheet.
I feel like this is a must win game with Celtic and a resurgent hibs to follow, another game without a win and we could be hitting double figures without a win very soon

6pm on Alba.

(11-23-2019, 10:51 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: 6pm on Alba.

Cheers, thanks for the reminder Smile

Ross County: Baxter, Fraser, Kelly, Fontaine, Morris, McKay, Mullin, Spence, Henderson, Graham, Stewart.

Substitutes: Laidlaw, Erwin, Watson, Foster, Spittal, Chalmers, Paton.

Don't really know what to make of that lineup!

Can't understand how Fontaine continues to be selected, especially with Watson on the bench.

Graham puts us one up though Smile

1-1 at half-time, by the sounds of the radio we should have been 2-0 up earlier on.

County and keeping clean sheets, seems impossible right now! Surely Fontaine can't start every game this season.

Looks like st mirren are ripping us a new one in the 2nd half and both centre backs booked as well, feeling worried for the last 15 minutes.

2-1, gutting

Terrible 2nd half, got what we deserved.

Poor result but let’s give the team the benefit of the doubt we’ve made a decent start just need to find our way again

I like our management duo, but they have to learn and improve themselves and the squad we have.

There is no defence for our defence, i know Fontaine isn't to blame for everything but i just feel he doesn't add anything to the team, poor decision making, poor passing, too slow imo. I thought Fraser and Kelly were good against Aberdeen but in all seriousness Foster has looked an upgrade on both at either full back position.

Yet with our terrible defensive record Foster and Watson are sitting on the bench, I'm at a loss!

Foster has been our best signing... on the bench
Watson has been our best CB... on the bench
Chalmers has been our best midfielder... on the bench

Honestly don’t understand it only positive today was no injury’s and Baxter looked decently composed

(11-23-2019, 06:50 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: we’ve made a decent start

We really haven't.

Management have to be close to the door, eight without a win is very concerning.

We rarely play well over two halves, the intensity that the team played in the second half yesterday was horrific.

This isn't just an issue this season, signs were there all throughout last season.

(11-24-2019, 10:46 AM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: We really haven't.

Management have to be close to the door, eight without a win is very concerning.

We rarely play well over two halves, the intensity that the team played in the second half yesterday was horrific.

This isn't just an issue this season, signs were there all throughout last season.

got to agree and on present form there is worse to come looking at the fixtures by new year I suspect we will be third from bottom on 15 don't think the management will be changed but hope Fraser is replaced as captain could never understand why he was chosen and still cant

Watched game on Alba had to turn sound up so neighbours could not here me shouting at television
In my opinion what we need is our players to play there positions
Fontaine, Graham, Mckay, Mullen, Stewart were all over the place playing as individuals
A team should be built from back with a strong spine we had neither
Our poor ball control and passing was putting ourselves under pressure
We need a holding midfielder with some bite who can cover for fullback on either side along with two more hard working midfielders
A Center forward who can hold the ball up and can lay it off for attacking midfielders
So from our squad I would pick
Baxter
Foster Watson Morris Kelly
Fraser Spence ( with Fraser as holding midfielder)
Chalmers or Henderson (depending on who we are playing)
Stewart Gardyne
Irwin
Subs Laidlaw, Fontaine , Mckay, Paton, Mullin, Spittal Graham
WITH A NOTICE PINNED UP ON CHANGING ROOM WALL IF THEY DID NOT START PLAYING FOR THERE PLACES PEOPLE WOULD BE LEAVING AT XMAS AND NEW FACES WOULD BE ARRIVING

Where on earth has this notion come from that Fraser could ever be a holding midfielder? We've again been hammered by injuries - would like to be able to call on the likes of Vigurs and don't forget Grivosti. As far as midfield goes, I think that Spence & Henderson can play well together - though not next week..