Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
vs Aberdeen 06/11/19
Another tough game. Aberdeen appear to be a Jekyll and Hyde team right now, meek performances against the gruesome twosome, but have handily thumped Motherwell and Killie in recent weeks.

Tough to predict what County side will turn up as well, but I would put a decent sized bet on both sides scoring. We really need to get as much pace on as possible and have a go at Shay Logan who looks a shadow of himself this season (if he plays).

I'll be optimistic and say a 2-1 win to County.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Will be up for this game & staying the night in Inverness. Perhaps we should wear our commemorative strip as the Dons freeze when they face the hoops! Lol. Mon the staggies.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

(11-06-2019, 08:35 AM)Despot Wrote: Another tough game. Aberdeen appear to be a Jekyll and Hyde team right now, meek performances against the gruesome twosome, but have handily thumped Motherwell and Killie in recent weeks.

Tough to predict what County side will turn up as well, but I would put a decent sized bet on both sides scoring. We really need to get as much pace on as possible and have a go at Shay Logan who looks a shadow of himself this season (if he plays).

I'll be optimistic and say a 2-1 win to County.

That will be Shay Logan getting his usual goal against us then!

(11-06-2019, 11:23 PM)tattiedave Wrote: That will be Shay Logan getting his usual goal against us then!

He's no scored in over 50 games so yeah, it'll be bound to happen on Saturday.

For every goal scored tomorrow a company is offering to donate £100 to a couple of the Cash for Kids charities:

https://twitter.com/RossCounty/status/11...2112540673

4-0 win please.

An unexciting game. Poor poor referee. Scoreline flattered a somewhat ordinary Aberdeen team. They are not at the races compared to Rangers. Felt our guys are still a bit overawed and the managerial team not quite confident enough yet. Doesn't help matters when the same team never plays 2 games in a row.

We need to replace Laidlaw as 1st choice keeper, we desperately need a better defence, the stats speak for themselves

(11-06-2019, 11:35 AM)murray aberdeen stagg Wrote: Will be up for this game & staying the night in Inverness. Perhaps we should wear our commemorative strip as the Dons freeze when they face the hoops! Lol. Mon the staggies.

Commemorative strip? Would have been nice to have seen a poppy on today's top.

(11-09-2019, 08:12 PM)nairnboy Wrote: Commemorative strip? Would have been nice to have seen a poppy on today's top.

did they not have armbands on with a poppy on them

(11-09-2019, 06:56 PM)the reaper Wrote: An unexciting game. Poor poor referee. Scoreline flattered a somewhat ordinary Aberdeen team. They are not at the races compared to Rangers. Felt our guys are still a bit overawed and the managerial team not quite confident enough yet. Doesn't help matters when the same team never plays 2 games in a row.

Worst Aberdeen team I’ve seen in a number of years, and we couldn’t hurt them.
After scoring from pen,I thought here we go, a long overdue big result in the offing, but no.
Looked like a poorly set up wall for first, second goal,wow, shocker, great ball in,but that’s what it was, a cross, no one attacked it.
Third goal, jeezo how many times did we have a chance to clear it.
In saying that ,was Erwin offside in first half, was our disallowed goal in second half off side?
Foster dropped, strange one, Gardyne man of the match, strange one, Gardyne starting game with stitches in his heel, strange one, Gardyne not getting hooked, strange one,Baxter fit ,not playing ,strange one.
Bitterly disappointed .

I make that 15 goals in 4 games.

Our defence is relegation levels of poor at the moment, need some changes asap.

(11-09-2019, 08:46 PM)hotcop Wrote: did they not have armbands on with a poppy on them

Don't think so,however maybe somebody closer to the pitch can answer.

(11-09-2019, 09:14 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: I make that 15 goals in 4 games.

not been on here for a while but always check to see how others comment on each game you are correct 15 in four games unfortunately that's what you get when you sit in and try to hit on the counter our defence is appalling but I suspect our management team have instructed them to sit deep todays match once again was like watching a training session for our opponents time for a set of b!!!s to be shown and try attacking for once we have the players so why not use them in attack rather than sitting in there own half waiting for the game to come to them

(11-09-2019, 08:56 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Worst Aberdeen team I’ve seen in a number of years, and we couldn’t hurt them.
After scoring from pen,I thought here we go, a long overdue big result in the offing, but no.
Looked like a poorly set up wall for first, second goal,wow, shocker, great ball in,but that’s what it was, a cross, no one attacked it.
Third goal, jeezo how many times did we have a chance to clear it.
In saying that ,was Erwin offside in first half, was our disallowed goal in second half off side?
Foster dropped, strange one, Gardyne man of the match, strange one, Gardyne starting game with stitches in his heel, strange one, Gardyne not getting hooked, strange one,Baxter fit ,not playing ,strange one.
Bitterly disappointed .
Totally agree! It’s simple. Play your best team. Baxter is our number one keeper so play him. Foster is our best full back so play him. Really think Keith Watson should start. Graham and Gardyne are impact players and should be played as such. Our goals conceded is alarming . I’d put my mortgage on Baxter starting the next game.

Aberdeen didn't create an awful lot but their goals were pretty terrible to giveaway, the third was a comedy of errors.

Oh well.

(11-09-2019, 10:38 PM)Despot Wrote: Aberdeen didn't create an awful lot but their goals were pretty terrible to giveaway, the third was a comedy of errors.

Oh well.

Not having a go at you, but “oh well”,is that what the majority on this forum are thinking? I believe we are better than that,we cannot accept a poor performance against a poor Aberdeen team,
I fear comments from the managerial team are affecting the players and fans.
We must go into every game believing we can win, against whoever we come up against.
That has to be the mindset ,which I am not sure is there before stepping on the park.

I concur with the majority of sentiments on this thread. Laidlaw has to go, stats speak for themselves. Worst goals against in the league. More soft goals today that I am sure Foxy would have dealt with. We were lucky it was only 3. Defence is pretty woeful too. Chopping and changing the team each game doesn't help but with what we have just now I would have Grivo (when fit) Morris, Watson and Foster. There is a lack of quality in the middle of the park. I thought Power and Paton showed a lot of promise but that doesn't seem to have worked out. Frustrating.

Fontaine and Kelly should be bench players at most in top flight football. Foster has been fantastic since joining us and I dare say we need a new CB in January

Foster and Watson on the bench is beyond me, Anyone at the game to pass comment on how Erwin did? Great to see us selling out again!