Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First 1/4 report
Yes, I know it's not really a 1/4 but it's the first round of fixtures complete,.
Taking the old firm out of the equation what are your thoughts on how the season is progressing and what changes, if any would you make?
Could be worse, imagine being a hearts/hibs/st Johnstone supporter just now and if we finished the season in our current position then most people would see that as better than expected.
Here's hoping we can amass the same amount of points or more from the next round of fixtures with significantly less goals conceded( 2nd worst record in the league) need to sort that out fast, hopefully Baxter will be avaliable soon, could he be a better option?

Results vs aberdeen,celtic and rangers have been heavy but these things happen against big clubs battling at the very top, Other than livi and partick which were both disappointing I think we have actually exceeded expectation and hope we can keep it up , there’s been a lot of close games and we need to just keep finding a way of finding a winning goal or knicking a point if we manage this we will be fine!

(11-01-2019, 04:53 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Yes, I know it's not really a 1/4 but it's the first round of fixtures complete,.
Taking the old firm out of the equation what are your thoughts on how the season is progressing and what changes, if any would you make?
Could be worse, imagine being a hearts/hibs/st Johnstone supporter just now and if we finished the season in our current position then most people would see that as better than expected.
Here's hoping we can amass the same amount of points or more from the next round of fixtures with significantly less goals conceded( 2nd worst record in the league) need to sort that out fast, hopefully Baxter will be avaliable soon, could he be a better option?

Laidlaw is not the problem,I wasn't sure about him at first,but hard to be critical of him.
Fontaine is an issue,and midfield are not protecting the rearguard either

(11-01-2019, 10:21 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Laidlaw is not the problem,I wasn't sure about him at first,but hard to be critical of him.
Fontaine is an issue,and midfield are not protecting the rearguard either

I feel that a bigger problem is our captain. Seems like the job is above as far from vocal and seems like our weakest link in my opinion

Our formation or lack of formation is our biggest problem against teams like Gers, Celtic and Aberdeen we were all over the place I agree Fraser is not at his best but for me the midfield is not playing as a unit
County have had some good results in first quarter but back off teams like Gers, Tics and Dons showing them to much respect when they should get stuck into them
And maybe if the home support got behind the team that just might help ????????

Laidlaw I think has been very very good bar one howler (it happens) he has definitely made me eat my words when we signed him. Our problem is defence though. Foster has been a great addition but imo Fonts is finished at this level, said it before the season he can be a bombscare. Grivo and Watson are the way forward imo, wouldn’t mind seeing Morris and Watson either. Fraser hasn’t been great for a couple years now, like him and want him to succeed but It’s been a while since I’ve come away thinking ‘aye Marcus had a good game’. Think a CB recruited in January would be ideal, Donaldson? I think we are doing good but there’s games we could have done better, very happy so far but Hamilton tomorrow is a massive game going forwards so hopefully 3 points

Hibs and Hearts will improve and finish above us. StJ are getting their act together and will finish 8/9th. We have to stay ahead of StM and HAccies. Would be nice to have a Sc Cup run but have my doubts whether we’re mentally strong enough. Ketts and Fergie need to step up or Clach beckons. So far, reasonably good but tough times ahead. COYS

(11-01-2019, 04:53 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Yes, I know it's not really a 1/4 but it's the first round of fixtures complete,.

His obvious howler aside, Laidlaw hasn't done too badly.

Fontaine at the moment is an absolute disaster with his positioning, just wanders around too much. Think Grivosti/Watson would make more sense but we are shipping far, far too many goals.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

We have done ok in first quarter would have taken sixth in league at start season
I would like our team to start sometime in the next quarter barring injuries
Goalkeeper Baxter
Back four off Watson, Morris, Grivosti and Foster
Midfield off Stewart Spittal Vigers Hendersom Gardyne
With Irwin upfront
Subs Laidlaw, Draper, Fraser, Graham, Mackay, Mullin Paton
But still not sure who should be holding midfielder Draper Vigers Spence ?????

I’d say I’m quite happy with the start we’ve made so far. Like others have said, Fontaine just isn’t cut out at this level anymore. Perhaps it’s time for him to focus on his music. Other than that, settling on a strong spine to the team would be something I’d like to see moving forward.

We may need to look around for some defenders in the window, we're increasingly porous to set pieces it seems.

(11-10-2019, 02:21 PM)Despot Wrote: We may need to look around for some defenders in the window, we're increasingly porous to set pieces it seems.

Seems Donaldson is going to be coming in, not sure if they will sort a deal and get it done in January.

Less than inspiring.

(11-10-2019, 08:26 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Seems Donaldson is going to be coming in, not sure if they will sort a deal and get it done in January.

Less than inspiring.

Spoke to a mate who's a Caley fan this weekend so said Donaldson's been mince the last month or so, look like his head is already away.

(11-10-2019, 08:26 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Seems Donaldson is going to be coming in, not sure if they will sort a deal and get it done in January.

Less than inspiring.

This was linked a lot in the summer but never happened, still think that right now he might be an upgrade on Fontaine in that position.

He would definitely be an upgrade on Fontaine. Fraser needs to step it up too

Thought Fraser was alright yesterday but aye, having seen the highlights then Donaldson would be better than Fontaine.