Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The next 3 fixtures
Celtic(a), hibs(a) and rangers at home, what are fellow staggies thoughts and expectations from these 3 games which complete the first round of fixtures?
Is a point or 3 from hibs the best we can expect realistically without the fans being overly critical?
I'd expect us to drop back into bottom 6 by end of October but no need for fans to go into meltdown over it, I doubt any other team would pick up any more than 4-5 points from those 3 fixtures.

I would be astonished if we managed more than three points from these fixtures. Hibs look like they've improved but Sevco and Celtic are so far ahead of the rest it'd take a perfect storm of events for us to get something from them.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

I think it's worth pointing out that it's worse than that... we play the Old Firm 4 times in our next 9 games. We also play not only Hibs (twice), but Aberdeen in that run too. This is going to be a tough run for a while, and expectations will need to be tempered.

Edit: I missed the second Hibs game in that run.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

Worth pointing out that our trip to Ibrox scheduled for 7th December is likely to be moved, depending on the result of the Sevco v Hearts Betfred Cup semi final next month (the midweek immediately following isn't an option for it being moved due to Europa League commitments)
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

9 points.

First of a few biggies in quick succession.
I can't see anything but a Celtic win,especially on the back of their defeat at Livingstone, but I would love to be wrong.
Livvy played a high pressing game that unnerved Celtic,don't know if we have the players to do same.
Big pitch for Power to stretch his legs on,to give us an out maybe?

4-0 down, done listening.

Off to mope elsewhere.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Ouch!

Ach well, expected nothing but even so, 6 is a bit extreme. Would love to see us take something from Hibs next weekend.

(10-19-2019, 08:14 PM)NVACA Wrote: Ach well, expected nothing but even so, 6 is a bit extreme. Would love to see us take something from Hibs next weekend.

Aye yet right. Reports from some at match are that we didn't turn up. FFS we have to believe. Who is going to tell the managers when you face the big battle you need the big men. Why else does the British army depend on the Highlanders for the dirty jobs. Come on the County get into then.

(10-19-2019, 10:55 PM)the reaper Wrote: Aye yet right. Reports from some at match are that we didn't turn up. FFS we have to believe. Who is going to tell the managers when you face the big battle you need the big men. Why else does the British army depend on the Highlanders for the dirty jobs. Come on the County get into then.

Need a big reaction next weekend if the reports are anything to go by. I wasn't expecting to get anything out of the game today but would have been nice to at least put up a fight! Well, we'll see how the game against Hibs goes, we have a pretty tough run of games at the moment.

Wasn't at the game today. However, it sounds like it could and should have been an even heavier County defeat, given Celtic's dominance.

Given that Celtic lost their last league game against Livingston and given the International break -which meant that Celtic did not rest some of their starters in advance of their Europa league game against Lazio in five days time as they ordinarily would have done - a County defeat was not that surprising.

The Celtic goals -including much of the build up play - are available to view on his match thread on P&B. Those clips show some absolutely horrendous County defending, and goalkeeping, from a very experienced County defence. There is also evidence of next to no closing down, no pressing, poor marking and no fight all of which have been County trademarks over the years. Time to get back to basics.

Have been looking at some stats. The only consolation is that in the 26 seasons since County joined the Scottish Leagues, today was the first time that any County team have conceded six goals in any competitive game, with today being their 1,105th. match (and 921st. league game) during that spell.

Let's hope that County's sole six goal defeat does not become the lasting legacy for the current County squad......

(10-19-2019, 10:55 PM)the reaper Wrote: Aye yet right. Reports from some at match are that we didn't turn up. FFS we have to believe. Who is going to tell the managers when you face the big battle you need the big men. Why else does the British army depend on the Highlanders for the dirty jobs. Come on the County get into then.

Only trouble is there are no highlanders in our team
Watched results on phone up till HT then had to go out in car switched on radio I swear I am never going to listen to a county game on radio again

As for taking on Hibs and Sevco that won't be easy
Need some pace in our team but Power is on the bench and should start against Hibs
Don't think Mullin is man to start games he would be better coming on later in games where defenders are tiring

How far off is Vigers, Morris, Cowie and Kelly

[quote="County Lad" pid='77156' dateline='1571565686']

Only trouble is there are no highlanders in our team
Watched results on phone up till HT then had to go out in car switched on radio I swear I am never going to listen to a county game on radio again

I listened to the first half, and how it was only 1-0 is anyone’s guess. Judging by the commentary the final score could easily have been double figures.

Tough time coming up, we need to dig deep.

The manner of the defeat was more galling than the result. Celtic will put four or five goals past better teams than County this season.

Complete and utter shambles! What goes on during the international break?

(10-20-2019, 11:01 AM)County Lad Wrote: Only trouble is there are no highlanders in our team

"Get a local lad on, Adams!
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013