Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
SIMON POWER
I see he's just been called up to the international squad, that rules out any theory that he may have been injured. Good enough for an international squad but not good enough to make our bench, WHY???????, really can't understand the managements decision on this, is he on the naughty step?
A quality player that would easily keep mullin or gardyne out of the team and I rate both of them very highly..
I can see Norwich cancelling his loan in January and loaning him to someone else who appreciates him and will actually play him , they didn't put him out on loan to not play and not get first team game time.
As much as i like ferguson/Kettlewell, I'm just not with them on this , he'll destroy most left backs in this league and stop them from venturing forward pressurising Fraser, a weak point in our team in my opinion.
Would love to know any theories on why the management deem him not good enough.

It’s good to see some passion on here and I can see where your frustration is coming from. I’m looking forward to seeing Power getting some game time too.

However, the chances are that the answer to your question is rather mundane. The management team work with him everyday and it may just be that he’s not where they want him to be. They may feel he isn’t ready for the physicality of the league or maybe in terms of how they want him to play within their system.

Unless we hear directly from someone within the club, as this will be is speculation. The management team has done a good job so far and I feel we should trust their judgement on this one.

Yip, its a strange one. I personally don't think Kettleson have a clue what their strongest midfield is. Maybe a bit too much loyalty to Midge also?

I think Power deserves a shot in the team, Midge still has skill but his engine is starting to go a bit.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(10-08-2019, 02:07 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Maybe a bit too much loyalty to Midge also?
Think that answers the question! Maybe there’s a third person running the team. Can’t understand why Midge avoided being substituted on Saturday .

Unless we start playing him very soon and regularly it's not going to end well for county, teams from down south will be less likely to loan us their exciting young prospects if we're not going to play them.
Is there anything in place that prevents Norwich cancelling his loan move in January and loaning him to someone else?
Can you imagine if he ended up playing for one of our rivals from January onwards with a point to prove.

(10-08-2019, 07:08 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Unless we start playing him very soon and regularly it's not going to end well for county, teams from down south will be less likely to loan us their exciting young prospects if we're not going to play them.
Is there anything in place that prevents Norwich cancelling his loan move in January and loaning him to someone else?
Can you imagine if he ended up playing for one of our rivals from January onwards with a point to prove.

I think you’re catastrophising a bit here, Westhill. I’m sure Power will get his chance. Hopefully it’s sooner rather than later.

Was he not called up to the International squad last month and sent home by them because he was not fully fit. It could be the same this time around

(10-09-2019, 01:26 PM)sting Wrote: Was he not called up to the International squad last month and sent home by them because he was not fully fit. It could be the same this time around

Could well be the case. A quick look at his wiki profile suggests he hasn’t played that much first team football.

Any truth in the rumour that Simon power has now left the building?
If so, would be good if someone from within the club could confirm this with an explanation as to why.