Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
St Johnstone at home
(10-06-2019, 12:43 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Great free kick by spittal, did Ritchie Brittain teach him that, been a while since we've had someone who could do that.

Just seen a clip of the free kick and came on to post those very words.

An entertaining game but overall I thought that was a poor performance yesterday, some of the players looked tired. We were soft in midfield and played with a lack of urgency and conviction which couldn't be said for StJ. If StJ had scored first we could have had a repeat of the Livingston game a few weeks back. That said the managers substitutions were well timed and reasonably effective. I'm as puzzled as others why Power has not been given a chance yet. Has he gone back to his club for injury treatment or something? Glad to see Draper back.
Hear Me Roar!

Went to the game fully expecting us to get three points but left delighted at getting a point. We only played in short bursts. StJ dominated midfield for the majority of the game. Officials weren’t as bad as some are suggesting ... certainly performed better than most wearing County shirts. Onwards and upwards. COYS.

Considering the performance, it’s a decent point. The main thing is to keep getting points on the board.

To be fair to the players Tommy Wright has done his homework very well. He made sure Midge and ross Stewart were closed down as soon as they got the ball. Neither got a chance to go down the wing and were turned inside almost every time. We did better when Graham came on and Stewart moved infield as they had to take more cover in the middle. I would like to see Stewart playing a twin striker role with Mackay and midge coming through the middle of the park. We could get a lot more free kicks outside the box with that approach.

(10-06-2019, 12:43 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Great free kick by spittal, did Ritchie Brittain teach him that, been a while since we've had someone who could do that.

Martin Woods.

(10-08-2019, 06:43 AM)Five Minutes from the Ground Wrote: Martin Woods.

Smile Martin Effing Woods

(10-08-2019, 02:05 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Smile Martin Effing Woods

Pin up boy of the east stand

(10-08-2019, 05:34 PM)the reaper Wrote: Pin up boy of the east stand

Probably the worst dead ball expert I’ve ever seen,

(10-08-2019, 10:35 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Probably the worst dead ball expert I’ve ever seen,
Probably the worst apology for a professional footballer ever seen.well almost...

(10-09-2019, 11:07 PM)the reaper Wrote: Probably the worst apology for a professional footballer ever seen.well almost...

Thought he took his penalty versus Celtic in the League Cup semi final very well.
People have short memories,he played his part in us winning our only major trophy.
Anyway ,probably the wrong thread to be discussing this,since he doesn't play for us anymore.

That’s okay, Tattie. We need someone on here to provide a bit of perspective. And to keep the conversation going, the forum is very quiet these days.

(10-10-2019, 07:28 AM)tattiedave Wrote: Thought he took his penalty versus Celtic in the League Cup semi final very well.
People have short memories,he played his part in us winning our only major trophy.
Anyway ,probably the wrong thread to be discussing this,since he doesn't play for us anymore.

During that game Woods produced one of the best individual County performances of recent times. He was class. Just wasn't consistent enough.

Woods did fine for us , he was a magnet for criticism as he actually took a risk with some of his play and when it went wrong people would get on his back which he didn’t take very well to say the least

(10-10-2019, 10:35 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: Woods did fine for us , he was a magnet for criticism as he actually took a risk with some of his play and when it went wrong people would get on his back which he didn’t take very well to say the least

Woods was and still is a talented player. There was no issue over that. It was his reluctance to track back and defend after he/ We lost the ball, his inability to regularly get a corner or cross past the first man, and his inability to block or tackle players. Given time and space good player. At this level you need an all round package there is no room for passengers.

(10-11-2019, 08:58 AM)the reaper Wrote: Woods was and still is a talented player. There was no issue over that. It was his reluctance to track back and defend after he/ We lost the ball, his inability to regularly get a corner or cross past the first man, and his inability to block or tackle players. Given time and space good player. At this level you need an all round package there is no room for passengers.
Talented player...........reluctance to track back and defend........inability to regularly get a corner or cross past the first man...........inability to block or tackle players.........talented player........???

(10-12-2019, 02:40 PM)Fozzie Wrote: Talented player...........reluctance to track back and defend........inability to regularly get a corner or cross past the first man...........inability to block or tackle players.........talented player........???
Yes talented in many ways but lazy and never improved the weaknesses in his game. These were my issues with him. As noted above he had flashes of brilliance but no consistency. Not a Premier League player.

(10-13-2019, 10:11 AM)the reaper Wrote: Yes talented in many ways but lazy and never improved the weaknesses in his game. These were my issues with him. As noted above he had flashes of brilliance but no consistency. Not a Premier League player.

He was a Premier League player,played for County and Dundee

(10-14-2019, 11:01 PM)tattiedave Wrote: He was a Premier League player,played for County and Dundee

He played in the Premier League but was not up to the standard expected at that level. Does that read a bit better and avoid any doubt?

(10-15-2019, 12:12 AM)the reaper Wrote: He played in the Premier League but was not up to the standard expected at that level. Does that read a bit better and avoid any doubt?
My statement was fact,your statement was perception.