Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
St Johnstone at home
Might as well start this thread instead of checking all week for a thread for it to be posted the night before match day. We’ve been in good form recently 3 points away to Motherwell and a point away to Kilmarnock is good business. St Johnstone seem to be struggling so hopefully we can take 3 points from this. Wouldn’t be gutted with a draw but a loss would be a poor result. Would think the defence would be kept the same as against Kilmarnock, Laidlaw Fraser Watson Grivo Foster. In midfield I’d probably go with Henderson Chalmers (Draper if fit) and Vigurs. Midge out wide with Stewart on the opposite wing (don’t fix what’s not broken) and would go for Graham up top, think he deserves his chance. Alternatively I’d think about Stewart up front with Mullin on the wing, the boy never loses headers and would be effective with some quality delivery’s from either side.

(09-30-2019, 12:29 PM)Ullapool Staggie Wrote: Might as well start this thread instead of checking all week for a thread for it to be posted the night before match day. We’ve been in good form recently 3 points away to Motherwell and a point away to Kilmarnock is good business. St Johnstone seem to be struggling so hopefully we can take 3 points from this. Wouldn’t be gutted with a draw but a loss would be a poor result. Would think the defence would be kept the same as against Kilmarnock, Laidlaw Fraser Watson Grivo Foster. In midfield I’d probably go with Henderson Chalmers (Draper if fit) and Vigurs. Midge out wide with Stewart on the opposite wing (don’t fix what’s not broken) and would go for Graham up top, think he deserves his chance. Alternatively I’d think about Stewart up front with Mullin on the wing, the boy never loses headers and would be effective with some quality delivery’s from either side.

Mullin form hasn't been great recently, that's why he's been put on the bench, I'm keen to see and growing increasily impatient to see power given a chance to show us what he can do with a starting place, his speed will panic most defences and stop any left backs going forward knowing they've got no chance of catching him, and will also ease the pressure on Fraser.
I also think stewart is wasted out on the wing in much the same way as Boyce was.

(09-30-2019, 01:33 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Mullin form hasn't been great recently, that's why he's been put on the bench, I'm keen to see and growing increasily impatient to see power given a chance to show us what he can do with a starting place, his speed will panic most defences and stop any left backs going forward knowing they've got no chance of catching him, and will also ease the pressure on Fraser.
I also think stewart is wasted out on the wing in much the same way as Boyce was.

I don’t think Mullin form has been bad I just think Stewart has been that good it’s keeping him out the team. I agree I wasn’t a fan of Stewart out wide to start with but it’s evident the amount of times he arrives at the back post to score coming off the wing

I’d go with

Laidlaw
Fraser Watson morris foster
Mullin chalmers grivosti gardyne
Stewart Graham

Have too many bad memories of St. Johnstone coming up the road, absolutely playing to spoil the game and coming away with wins.

We need to keep focused, they'll be desperate to grab some points and IIRC they're better on the road.

2-1 to County, Stewart and Paton.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(09-30-2019, 09:19 PM)Despot Wrote: Have too many bad memories of St. Johnstone coming up the road, absolutely playing to spoil the game and coming away with wins.

We need to keep focused, they'll be desperate to grab some points and IIRC they're better on the road.

2-1 to County, Stewart and Paton.

I agree. St Johnstone are desperate for points and will certainly see this as an opportunity to take 3. Need to really be on it until the final whistle.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

How far off from starting is Morris, Draper, Fontaine, Vigers, Kelly and Cowie
My starting line up without the six above would be
Laidlaw
Fraser Watson Grivo Foster
Stewart Spittal Chalmers Paton Cardyne
Mackay
Subs Ruddy Graham Mullin Henderson Power Spence Erwin
Kind of worried if any of the back four get injured and top six are not fit
Watch St Johnstone highlights on sportscene and they were moving the ball around well so won't be an easy game, but that was just a clip so don't really know how good or bad they are
A early goal should knock stuffing out of them
COM ON THE STAGGIES

We've found a system that works well for us in the last 3 games- there's no reason to change it. Only personnel change I'd be looking at from last Saturday would be Paton for Spittal
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

It’ll be a tough game, as always in this division. I’m going for 1-1 and hoping to see Power feature at some point

Mad traffic into Dingwall from Maryburgh. Think it’s being diverted from Cromarty Bridge.

St Johnstone are just one of those horrible stuffy anti football hard to break down teams that we struggle against, hopefully an early goal will change all that and lead to a more open entertaining game and a comfortable staggies victory.
No Simon power in squad, can't for the life of me understand why he is not getting a chance.

1-0 chalmers , good start but a long way to go

Draw two good goals scored by County but we were a bit lucky to take points from this game
The referee and east stand linesman were nothing short of shocking
It was good to hear the County fans getting behind Ross County

Lucky to get the draw in the end. Good penalty save from Laidlaw but was at fault for their second goal. These are the frailties which having to play our second choice keeper will cost us. Blatant dive for their penalty and this should be looked at retrospectively.

(10-05-2019, 06:33 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Good penalty save from Laidlaw but was at fault for their second goal.

Couple of excellent saves after that though.

(10-05-2019, 07:13 PM)Five Minutes from the Ground Wrote: Couple of excellent saves after that though.

True

Feared we would lose after going behind but good to salvage a draw, looking at stats looks like we struggled?

Thanks to TattieDave for the live updates!!

We did not play well.

Euan Anderson is a joke,

Great free kick by spittal, did Ritchie Brittain teach him that, been a while since we've had someone who could do that.

(10-05-2019, 07:47 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Feared we would lose after going behind but good to salvage a draw, looking at stats looks like we struggled?

Thanks to TattieDave for the live updates!!

Midfield really struggled to get going, they didn't do anything awful, but St. Johnstone's pressing game meant they didn't have time to play and it showed.

Midge and Stewart were poor, just didn't happen for them at all.