Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Killie v County 28th September 2019
Can we do three in a row on Saturday?
Big ask against a Kilmarnock team who ,on their day , can beat any team in the league ,including the Old Firm ,but fall to so called lesser teams.
A draw would be a good result, but a win would be superb.

Killie have recovered after their early season wobbles, so I'd be happy with a point.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

I’ve got a good feeling , it’s been good seeing county being very competitive this season out with the aberdeen and livi games everything has been close

Killie having to go all the way to extra time and penalties on Wednesday will be a bonus to us too.
I'm not sure Killie have recovered all that much yet either, other than a bore 0-0 draw with Aberdeen, their only results have come against St Johnstone & Hibs, who are both looking to be in major trouble, and a league cup ET win over a Hamilton side we thrashed.
I'm always wary for any game in the top flight, but I think we stand an excellent chance tomorrow, and looking at the fixtures we have an excellent chance of moving into 4th at Aberdeen's expense.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(09-27-2019, 08:31 AM)Spain Wrote: Killie having to go all the way to extra time and penalties on Wednesday will be a bonus to us too.
I'm not sure Killie have recovered all that much yet either, other than a bore 0-0 draw with Aberdeen, their only results have come against St Johnstone & Hibs, who are both looking to be in major trouble, and a league cup ET win over a Hamilton side we thrashed.
I'm always wary for any game in the top flight, but I think we stand an excellent chance tomorrow, and looking at the fixtures we have an excellent chance of moving into 4th at Aberdeen's expense.

This would be a good time to unleash the power right from the start, he'll rip apart a defence that's still recovering from a midweek extra time cup loss.
Really hope he's given a chance to show us what he can do.

Interesting to see who starts for County I hope we stick to a 4-5-1 my selection would be
Laidlaw
Fraser Watson Fontaine Foster
Stewart Spittal Grivosti Chalmers Cardyne
Graham
Subs Ruddy Henderson McKay Power Paton Erwin Mullin
Barring injuries taking on definitely Power to run havoc over a tiring defence
Reason for leaving McKay out is I reckon Graham needs a start and for leaving Paton & Henderson is I think Chalmers & Spittal will give us more bite for for first half

Doing what most successful top level teams did about 15 years ago and finally ditching 4-4-2 seems to be working. Would anticipate, injuries permitting, the same starting XI and shape as last week (Henderson will be starting each week when fit as a condition of his loan, and Graham's goal off the bench last week was his 1st meaningful positive contribution of the league season- work to do yet before he (or indeed Erwin) displaces Mckay. Although we really do need to start using Power if we're not to start getting irate phonecalls from Daniel Farke or one of his minions)
Killie's exertions in midweek will only really catch up with them towards the end, so crucial to make sure we're still in the game with 15-20 left
Decent squad of us Central Staggies types making the trip for what is a surprisingly excellent away day, the more the merrier- our travel itinerary is on Twitter @centralstaggies
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Against Killie away I'd be happy with a point, like most I think, but really want us to push them hard given their midweek game and our form running into this. No reason we can't go for a 3rd win on the bounce.

Kilmarnock has been okay for us in recent years, I seem to remember a 2-0 win for Owen Coyle's first game with us there (remember him?).

(09-27-2019, 12:44 PM)NVACA Wrote: Against Killie away I'd be happy with a point, like most I think, but really want us to push them hard given their midweek game and our form running into this. No reason we can't go for a 3rd win on the bounce.

Kilmarnock has been okay for us in recent years, I seem to remember a 2-0 win for Owen Coyle's first game with us there (remember him?).

That Killie side Coyle faced were absolutely rotten. One of the worst top flight teams I've ever seen.

(09-27-2019, 03:28 PM)Despot Wrote: That Killie side Coyle faced were absolutely rotten. One of the worst top flight teams I've ever seen.

Some of those players went on to be mainstays in the recent rejuvenated Killie sides! But yes you're right, I seem to think that was McCulloch's last game as Killie boss too.

(09-27-2019, 12:29 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: Doing what most successful top level teams did about 15 years ago and finally ditching 4-4-2 seems to be working. Would anticipate, injuries permitting, the same starting XI and shape as last week (Henderson will be starting each week when fit as a condition of his loan, and Graham's goal off the bench last week was his 1st meaningful positive contribution of the league season- work to do yet before he (or indeed Erwin) displaces Mckay. Although we really do need to start using Power if we're not to start getting irate phonecalls from Daniel Farke or one of his minions)
Killie's exertions in midweek will only really catch up with them towards the end, so crucial to make sure we're still in the game with 15-20 left
Decent squad of us Central Staggies types making the trip for what is a surprisingly excellent away day, the more the merrier- our travel itinerary is on Twitter @centralstaggies

What is the condition/terms of Hendersons loan ? I'd be surprised if he is guaranteed a game every week, maybe a clause where he has to play a certain amount of games,but I would be speculating as I guess you are.
Obviously no such condition to Powers loan.

Sounds like Laidlaw has had a very decent game.

(09-28-2019, 04:45 PM)Despot Wrote: Sounds like Laidlaw has had a very decent game.

Yes, and an Away point from Kilmarnock plus clean sheet - decent.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(09-28-2019, 04:45 PM)Despot Wrote: Sounds like Laidlaw has had a very decent game.
BBC named him man of the match for some outstanding goalkeeping. Good response after the St Mirren game.

(09-29-2019, 02:12 PM)the reaper Wrote: BBC named him man of the match for some outstanding goalkeeping. Good response after the St Mirren game.

He was excellent, the penalty was one of the worst I’ve see but still had to read the direction. He made 3 other top class saves. Grivo was excellent as well and shown why him and Watson should be starting CBs, younger, faster, fitter and more technical than Fonts. Foster had a really good game as well.

A really good away point , a better start to the season than many were anticipating let’s keep this momentum going!