Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Supporters
I think it is about time some home truths were told
I have sat in West, East and Jailend stands and the negativity that comes from some so called COUNTY SUPPORTER is ridiculous
Just in case some supporters don't know the meaning of support is from the English dictionary it means ENCOURAGE not slag off
There is little or no atmosphere at Victoria Park
It is little wonder that the team walked straight off after last game and didn't thank the supporters for there encouragement because there was none
Yes people are entitled to their opinion but constantly getting onto players backs does not help
What happened to the singing
SO COME ON COUNTY SUPPORTERS GET BEHIND THE TEAM THAT MEANS SO MUCH TO US ALL

Agreed, but what do we do about it.
When I was younger and in the jailend we had a tremendous, vocal support. I looked at the jailend on Saturday and saw the cast of still game, unfortunately not living up to the tagline!
Answers on a postcard......

Too many folk glued to their phones in the Jailend.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

What happened to the singing section in the Jailend section nearest the east stand. At least they gave it a go. Seems to have been disbanded.

One major issue is that as soon as someone tries to start up a song or chant someone tells them to pipe down and be quiet.

(09-16-2019, 05:38 PM)mike_lowrie Wrote: One major issue is that as soon as someone tries to start up a song or chant someone tells them to pipe down and be quiet.
The change to all seated in the Jailend killed the atmosphere there also. But in all honesty ,the game on Saturday was poor,mainly because of the wind, it gave the supporters little to shout about .
As for the St Mirren fans,they were excellent ,loads of noise, probably helped by loads of bevvie!

(09-16-2019, 07:18 PM)tattiedave Wrote: As for the St Mirren fans,they were excellent ,loads of noise, probably helped by loads of bevvie!

If you were getting away from Paisley for the day, you'd be celebrating too Smile

It's an absolute myth that the Jailend when terracing was bouncing every week. Unless it was a big game, the atmosphere was as poor as it is now.

So come on give us some suggestions on how we sort this problem out

We’ve never really had a vocal support at home. Unless, like my boy Lauchlan said, it was a big game. There’s just not the appetite for it. Our support, in that sense is [censored]. We have a couple of songs that we trot out when we’re winning but there’s no desire amongst some of the fans for any singing at all. It won’t ever change.

If there’s a real desire to create an atmosphere then a supporters’ club should be formed to help come up with a plan and work with the club.

(09-17-2019, 10:29 AM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: It's an absolute myth that the Jailend when terracing was bouncing every week. Unless it was a big game, the atmosphere was as poor as it is now.

This is a fair comment.

It was better with the terracing, but it was never the noisiest of stands.

There was a lot of encouragement from the east stand on Saturday. Players were getting support for effort and good play. There were some critical comments and on thinking about them they were deserved. The players did respond to the support.

(09-17-2019, 11:16 PM)the reaper Wrote: There was a lot of encouragement from the east stand on Saturday. Players were getting support for effort and good play. There were some critical comments and on thinking about them they were deserved. The players did respond to the support.

I was in the Jailend and I can’t say I heard much coming from the East Stand. Our support just isn’t very vocal

(09-18-2019, 10:23 AM)Sxc boi Wrote: I was in the Jailend and I can’t say I heard much coming from the East Stand. Our support just isn’t very vocal

The wind would be to noisy in your hearing aid.

I didn’t mean that as a dig just that I couldn’t hear much noise coming from anywhere other than the St Mirren fans. I’m not doubting that there was encouragement coming from the East Stand, it’s just that it tends to get lost amongst all the other noise in the stadium, which unless it’s moaning, is coming from the away support.

I don’t wear a hearing aid and even if I did, what difference to that make to my opinion? I wasn’t the only one that couldn’t hear anything from the East Stand.

I sit in the East stand and the support was no noisier than usual but it did appear more positive.

The Jailend, unfortunately, was really quiet.

We have renamed it 'The Library' from where I sit!!!

(09-18-2019, 12:32 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: I sit in the East stand and the support was no noisier than usual but it did appear more positive.

The Jailend, unfortunately, was really quiet.

We have renamed it 'The Library' from where I sit!!!

The Jailend is like that for the vast majority of matches. It’s a shame but there’s no real desire for it to be any different.

“The library” is appropriate when people get told to be quiet when they do try to get something going.

One of the problems we have is that where I sit in the Jailend (close to the East Stand) is that the bulk of the people who sit there aren't regulars- the back three rows are generally the same folk but further in front is either people you never see again very occasional goers.

(09-18-2019, 03:20 PM)Despot Wrote: One of the problems we have is that where I sit in the Jailend (close to the East Stand) is that the bulk of the people who sit there aren't regulars- the back three rows are generally the same folk but further in front is either people you never see again very occasional goers.

That and the terrible view of the match, unfortunately.

County need to improve the view from the jailend if they ever expect people to go back or indeed, go in the 1st place!

(09-18-2019, 04:40 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: That and the terrible view of the match, unfortunately.

County need to improve the view from the jailend if they ever expect people to go back or indeed, go in the 1st place!

Probably too expensive but I agree that an intelligent redesign could improve the attractivenes, atmosphere and vocal support of the Jailend.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets