Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County v St Mirren 14th Sept
Big game already. After the early promise we have toiled big time.
A home game against St Mirren who narrowly avoided relegation last season may give us an idea of how our season is going to pan out.
I recall I commented we had to be getting 3 points at home to Livingstone recently,which was a disaster, I repeat the same sentiment against St Mirren,hopefully with a better outcome!
Any word on the injuries situation?

Very big game for us, our midfield looks ropey and our previously sharp shooting strikers are now missing the few chances we create.

The first goal will be crucial, if we can concentrate on keeping a clean sheet, hopefully we can nick a goal or two and with it the three points.

Confidence from a good result is vital imo, the performance comes secondary this wknd imo.

I think the break will have helped the boys recover from the last two muggings and hopefully will have some confidence and spring back in their step.

Team selection will be vital of course, but whoever is picked we must come out of the traps the way Livingston did against us and put St Mirren on the back foot from the first minute.

Midfield is crucial and I would like to see someone picking up the Draper role, assuming he is absent, could Fraser do that and Foster take over right back? Just a thought.

(09-11-2019, 01:46 PM)Brick in the wall Wrote: I think the break will have helped the boys recover from the last two muggings and hopefully will have some confidence and spring back in their step.

Team selection will be vital of course, but whoever is picked we must come out of the traps the way Livingston did against us and put St Mirren on the back foot from the first minute.

Midfield is crucial and I would like to see someone picking up the Draper role, assuming he is absent, could Fraser do that and Foster take over right back? Just a thought.

Interesting to see if Euan Henderson starts

Are any of the injured boys who missed the Livi/Aberdeen game fit yet?
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

I’m hopeful that we can get back on track in what has already turned into a big game for us. It’d be good if us staggies could be the 12th man.

County! County! County!

(09-11-2019, 02:32 PM)Despot Wrote: Are any of the injured boys who missed the Livi/Aberdeen game fit yet?

Fontaine is available according to Ferg in P&J.
Also there was a piece earlier this week saying Spence and Cowie aren't far away.

(09-13-2019, 07:32 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Fontaine is available according to Ferg in P&J.
Also there was a piece earlier this week saying Spence and Cowie aren't far away.

The big one I want back is Draper, but Spence would give us a little more dig than the others. We really need to go back to 4-3-3/4-5-1 for this or St. Mirren will set up to overload the midfield and overrun us.

Hope we go back to 4-5-1 with Stewart on the wing

(09-13-2019, 08:14 AM)Despot Wrote: The big one I want back is Draper, but Spence would give us a little more dig than the others. We really need to go back to 4-3-3/4-5-1 for this or St. Mirren will set up to overload the midfield and overrun us.

I agree, Draper is the big miss in midfield. Defence have been ropey and goalie less than impressive.

I would like to see Power on at some point and hope that Vigurs can show some of what he is capable of instead of telling a punter in the Weststand to "shut the fck up!" as he did in the Livi massacre.

Vigurs off injured, County really hanging on to make it to ht at 0-0.

The strong wind will be with us in the second half.

Get in 2-1 win happy days and huge 3 points against a team that could potentially be a big rival for us this season

Very impressed with Paton, Watson and Foster today, a great three points.

Laidlaw had an absolute howler for their equaliser, school boy stuff, I'm sure he'll be buying Marcus a few dr8nks for getting the winner so taking the highlight of his mistake.

(09-14-2019, 05:27 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Very impressed with Paton, Watson and Foster today, a great three points.

Laidlaw had an absolute howler for their equaliser, school boy stuff, I'm sure he'll be buying Marcus a few dr8nks for getting the winner so taking the highlight of his mistake.

The three I'd single out for good performances.

Laidlaw's error was one of the worst I've seen at Victoria Park. Other than that he did okay, so I hope it doesn't hit his confidence.

(09-14-2019, 06:43 PM)Despot Wrote: Laidlaw's error was one of the worst I've seen at Victoria Park. Other than that he did okay, so I hope it doesn't hit his confidence.

It was a shocker but no point dwelling on it, there's nothing to be gained from that. They all go home with a win bonus tonight, and a BIG 3 points for us all, it could so easily have been much less!

(09-14-2019, 06:43 PM)Despot Wrote: The three I'd single out for good performances.

Laidlaw's error was one of the worst I've seen at Victoria Park. Other than that he did okay, so I hope it doesn't hit his confidence.

Thought Henderson looked good especially in first half but for me Paton man of the match

(09-14-2019, 11:33 PM)roth08 Wrote: Thought Henderson looked good especially in first half but for me Paton man of the match

I think Henderson needs to toughen up a bit. There's a good player there but he's slight and a bit of a soft touch at the minute.

Well done Captain Fraser! Play to the final whistle with 100% determination.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Good performances from Foster (whose ambition and intervention set up the first goal) and Paton but Watson was my MOTM. He made one outstanding block in the second half to prevent a certain goal. I hope it makes it on to the highlights tonight.

But it was a game we could easily have lost, and comfortably, given they hit the post twice, and had a goal ruled off for an apparently unnecessary off-side. This was the steal which at least evened up the loss of 2 points at Tynecastle.

(09-15-2019, 06:00 PM)Wicky Wrote: Good performances from Foster (whose ambition and intervention set up the first goal) and Paton but Watson was my MOTM. He made one outstanding block in the second half to prevent a certain goal. I hope it makes it on to the highlights tonight.

But it was a game we could easily have lost, and comfortably, given they hit the post twice, and had a goal ruled off for an apparently unnecessary off-side. This was the steal which at least evened up the loss of 2 points at Tynecastle.

More possession, more shots on goal, more corner kicks.........aye, total steal???????