Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Aberdeen v Ross County. Sat 31st August.
Tough game for us this week end. If the team that blew Hamilton away & should have won at Hearts turn up we have a good chance of getting something from the game. Last week ends performance and I fear the worst. Aberdeen have not gelled yet and their fickle supporters are walking out at half time in their last euro game. Two of my colleagues are included in this. Some fans think Mcinnes has taken them as far as he can. Let's get into them from the kick off. Home game for me!. Mon the staggies.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

(08-28-2019, 07:15 AM)murray aberdeen stagg Wrote: Tough game for us this week end. If the team that blew Hamilton away & should have won at Hearts turn up we have a good chance of getting something from the game. Last week ends performance and I fear the worst. Aberdeen have not gelled yet and their fickle supporters are walking out at half time in their last euro game. Two of my colleagues are included in this. Some fans think Mcinnes has taken them as far as he can. Let's get into them from the kick off. Home game for me!. Mon the staggies.

Can't make this due to being in London that weekend. A tough game, but maybe catching Aberdeen at the right time as they're not playing fantastically well?
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(08-28-2019, 07:15 AM)murray aberdeen stagg Wrote: Tough game for us this week end. If the team that blew Hamilton away & should have won at Hearts turn up we have a good chance of getting something from the game. Last week ends performance and I fear the worst. Aberdeen have not gelled yet and their fickle supporters are walking out at half time in their last euro game. Two of my colleagues are included in this. Some fans think Mcinnes has taken them as far as he can. Let's get into them from the kick off. Home game for me!. Mon the staggies.

Cash turnstiles on the day for any last minute decisions

Are we interested, worried, concerned, going, opinionated or just got apathetic? No comments, views, who's going, pubs to meet up etc? More like a funeral than a celebration. What's going wrong and it's not just RCFC it's everything.

Looking forward to this one. Interested to see the starting line-up. Return of the Dick at right-back? One up front but which one? Midfield? ... in the absence of Draper we look soft. Aberdeen haven’t been setting the heather on fire and we’re up and down. Settle for a 1-1. COYS

There goes a 1-1 anyway

What is our problem with scoring penalties just now.

Another pumping and inability to score a penalty! Going to be a long season. Getting beat by Aberdeen away is not a surprise . That’s why it’s so important to beat the bread and butter teams at home or we’ll be relegated by Christmas!

Shambles.

(08-31-2019, 04:46 PM)NVACA Wrote: Shambles.

Wasnt at the game but to get anything at Aberdeen would be a bonus. However more concerning is “shambles”. Fraid to say that 3 in a row, surely last season and the first few games wernt a fluke. Hope not or indeed will be a long season.

We had our chances but didn’t take them. They were ok, nothing special about Aberdeen whatsoever. Two of their goals were laidlaws fault no question. For such a big keeper he is horrendous at coming for the ball. I would have liked to have seen more of Power. I think he should have been put on once we went three down to try and turn their defence with his obvious speed. Mullin was anonymous in this game. I find him a strange one, one week outstanding, the next a ghost. Possibly why his career has never taken him to great heights. The middle two were fine. Midge his usual threatening self. The defence were clumsy at times, their distribution is pretty bad and that is what is putting us on the back foot, every pass out from the back is going straight to the opposition, giving the midfield and strikers no chance to get in the game. Vigurs has to drop super deep to get the ball off them if we want any decent pass going forward which is not helping the shape of the team. Strikers hit the post with a shot and a penalty which should have been buried, all in all a poor performance. Positives...Power coming back from injury, hopefully see what he can do. This season is probably going to be a season where we need to beat the teams that are expected to be in the bottom 4 if we want a chance of staying up. We could really do with a new keeper and right back. Another centre midfielder. Wishful thinking though going by the comments made by the managers regarding further signings.

Aberdeen have been dog [censored] this season, not sure why we seemed to show them so much respect.

Everybody knew Laidlaw was going to cost us points,

St Mirren next, a team who beat Aberdeen. Lose that and we are already in trouble.

I have watched Vigurs in the last 3 games and he has been rank rotten. His passing has been useless, he gets caught in possession to often and his dead ball kicking is laughable. If he continues in the starting lineup we are going straight back down.

(08-31-2019, 07:29 PM)gujeecof Wrote: I have watched Vigurs in the last 3 games and he has been rank rotten. His passing has been useless, he gets caught in possession to often and his dead ball kicking is laughable. If he continues in the starting lineup we are going straight back down.

He was very poor against partick when he came on as was everyone else. Today I watched the game and he kept it simple and rarely lost the ball. Certainly no more than anyone else. Against hearts he won his battle against his opposing number and played well on a bad pitch. Against Hamilton he was part of a duo that controlled the game. Against livi he was part of an entire team that were terrible.. So to put that on one player is ridiculous. Scapegoat coming to mind here.

Your last sentence is laughable.

Those evenings in The Den are starting to catch up with Vigurs.

He should be in the prime of his career.

Vigurs wasn't great but neither were many others, however Vigurs seems to be the new Woods amongst some of our support. Some of the stick he took yesterday was ridiculous.

(09-01-2019, 01:33 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Vigurs wasn't great but neither were many others, however Vigurs seems to be the new Woods amongst some of our support. Some of the stick he took yesterday was ridiculous.

Completely agree.

Fans are quick to forget what a player has done for their club. Vigurs is a county legend, one of the best players to wear a county top, and he is far from been the worst on that pitch so far this season. Some of the stuff coming from fans towards him is just atrocious. Albeit it’s coming from the usual clueless football “fans”.

Just the typical let’s pick on player because we are losing. The “fans” that do this just don’t have the capacity to do otherwise. They get angry and open their mouth and spout out verbal diarrhoea. No control over their own emotions. These are the same fans that act like they have never been so insulted in their lives when a player responds to their drivel. Having been a player at a senior level and a fan, my experience is that “fans” that spout this rubbish are the fans with the least knowledge of how the game is and should be played.

Can't live on past glories.

Was absent for most of last season.

Been dire so far this season.

Off the field conduct? Let's not go there.

(09-01-2019, 09:01 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Can't live on past glories.

Was absent for most of last season.

Been dire so far this season.

Off the field conduct? Let's not go there.

Aye four games into a season which has been a mixed bag for all players is exactly the right amount of time to write off our best central midfielder...aye very good. Easy to sit in a stand and slate players from a distance.

We’re meant to get behind and support our players. Not pick a player out and slate them when they haven’t even been the worst performer by a long shot. It’s really gonna improve their form. I’ll never understand that.

Off-field conduct is none of our business. So you’re right let’s not go there.

That wasn't great, but not going to tear my hair out over it. We've still got the vast majority of what was a good Championship side- a trip to a top Premiership side was always going to be a struggle

Honourable mention to Grivo- did a nice job in the circumstances in an unfamiliar position, including a particularly nice ball over the top for Mckay
Heard some grumblings over the free kick award that led to the opener- was too far away to be certain, but regardless of its validity we didn't react well enough to the short free kick or the subsequent ball into the box- that's solely on us, not Nick Walsh. Absolutely no complaints about their penalty award, either
After a reasonable 1st half, Foster's head, legs or a combination of the 2 went in the 2nd half- Hedges absolutely roasted him
Nice to see a debut for Simon Power. Would be keen to see him and Paton, for that matter) get more game time- must admit I'm still to be convinced that Mullin can cut it at this level, thought he was anonymous again yesterday

Lastly, how on earth are we allowed a (virtually) all-white keeper kit with an all-white away outfield kit?
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013