Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ross county vs livingston
We have a home game tomorrow and no thread yet, have we all lost interest already?
With the ugly sisters not playing until Sunday, a win tomorrow would see us clear at the top of the league for the first time in our history, if that's not enough to bring out the crowd then I don't know what is, last week is dead and gone now, move on and roar the staggies to the very top of Scottish football even if it is only likely to be for 24 hours.

(08-22-2019, 12:24 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: We have a home game tomorrow and no thread yet, have we all lost interest already?
With the ugly sisters not playing until Sunday, a win tomorrow would see us clear at the top of the league for the first time in our history, if that's not enough to bring out the crowd then I don't know what is, last week is dead and gone now, move on and roar the staggies to the very top of Scottish football even if it is only likely to be for 24 hours.

I hope you don't turn up tomorrow, you'll be watching the grass grow!

(08-22-2019, 12:32 PM)NVACA Wrote: I hope you don't turn up tomorrow, you'll be watching the grass grow!

Haha, epic fail, nightshift screwing my head up

No reason why we can't pick up three points here. Livi look better than expected after losing some big players so we can't have a bad day at the races like down at Firhill last Saturday.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Sadly won’t make this game, but fully confident we can take at least a point away from it mon the staggies!

(08-23-2019, 05:26 AM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: Sadly won’t make this game, but fully confident we can take at least a point away from it mon the staggies!

I would be disappointed with a point, got to be looking to win our home games,get as many points on the board.

(08-23-2019, 10:55 AM)tattiedave Wrote: I would be disappointed with a point, got to be looking to win our home games,get as many points on the board.

Totally agree Davie - we need to remain in this league as long as we can for the obvious financial benefits it brings to the club. We have to take full advantage of our home games - teams aren't going to like travelling up here and we need to make it as difficult a place to visit as possible!

Hopefully a good crowd tomorrow, noticed at the Hamilton game that all three stands were joining in with the singing that started in the Jail End - we need to see this continue - it's so important for the team and we need to try and hold onto the young walk up fans who attend a game - if it's not exciting, they won't come back and that's the future of our club...
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Livi is one of the bottom battlers that will be scrapping hard for every point with us. Hoping to send us right back doon.

Should be competitive. Hope some decent football breaks out, we win by playing better and we get the valuable 3 points. Clean sheet would be a superb bonus.

With no Draper and a few other injuries, I expect we'll see Joe Chalmers and Vigurs in central midfield, though Spittal or Paton may also be options.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Expecting a very tough game today, any kind of win sets us up well but I suspect a draw unless Stewart and McKay find their shooting boots!

Midge out as well.

(08-24-2019, 01:48 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Midge out as well.

Jeezo, Keilor-Dunn will be getting a shout at this rate

Woeful performance- we were totally clueless today.

(08-24-2019, 05:02 PM)DORTAIN Wrote: Woeful performance- we were totally clueless today.

Sounded bad on the radio.

(08-24-2019, 05:11 PM)the reaper Wrote: Sounded bad on the radio.

Watching it was worse

We got we deserved from today. We were brought back down to earth today after a good start to the season. I think we can avoid the drop but we’ll have to be better than that

Didn’t travel for this one and I’m relieved that I didn’t. Sounds like we were awful. Were there any positives?

(08-24-2019, 05:50 PM)Deke Slayton Wrote: Didn’t travel for this one and I’m relieved that I didn’t. Sounds like we were awful. Were there any positives?

Yes. We could easily have lost another few goals.
We were second to every ball today. Hard to watch.

(08-24-2019, 05:50 PM)Deke Slayton Wrote: Didn’t travel for this one and I’m relieved that I didn’t. Sounds like we were awful. Were there any positives?

The steak pies were good?

What happened to our defence, shouldn't professional football teams have one? I’ve seen more movement from people queuing for a bus than our defence for their first goal.
Too many passengers in the team. Plus points, Stewart of course, I thought Vigers looked sharper than last week, and, despite his detractors, I continue to think that Kelly is a decent player.

Complete and utter shambles. The team was poorly prepared today and the performance was calamitous. Rarely have I seen a showing as woeful as that at Victoria Park. A decent crowd turned out today. That will scare them away!!