Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hearts vs Ross County - Sat 10 Aug
(08-01-2019, 09:53 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Is that not fairly standard for the top division? What will our fans be charged at Tynecastle next week?

What would you suggest we charge?

On the Hearts' game. Can we buy our tickets on the day?

(08-02-2019, 08:45 AM)Skipper's Covie Wrote: On the Hearts' game. Can we buy our tickets on the day?

Hi, I've just spoken to Hearts ticket office this morning and their response was that they have given the away ticket allocation to Ross County to sell. I then asked if there would be tickets available on the day and they have said no - so my advice would be to try and get your tickets in advance by phoning our club on 01348 860860

I know this is difficult for some supporters who are unable to get to Dingwall to pick up tickets - but they can be posted out if you give enough notice.

Tynecastle has installed electronic turnstiles which means you need to have your ticket in advance - from the response I got this morning from the Hearts ticket office there won't be any available on the day for away supporters.
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(08-02-2019, 09:57 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: Hi, I've just spoken to Hearts ticket office this morning and their response was that they have given the away ticket allocation to Ross County to sell. I then asked if there would be tickets available on the day and they have said no - so my advice would be to try and get your tickets in advance by phoning our club on 01348 860860

I know this is difficult for some supporters who are unable to get to Dingwall to pick up tickets - but they can be posted out if you give enough notice.

Tynecastle has installed electronic turnstiles which means you need to have your ticket in advance - from the response I got this morning from the Hearts ticket office there won't be any available on the day for away supporters.

Could I suggest the club need to do a bit of a social media offensive on this? It's standard practice in most places just to be able to rock up on the day, and many will automatically assume that's the case.

So far County have tweeted you can get your tickets by phoning the club, but haven't mentioned how much they cost or whether they're available on the day. I asked in reply yesterday, but there's been no response. If they leave it too long then there won't be time for those not in Dingwall to get them posted out.

Hearts have also announced a really good £5 deal for "all" student tickets. That implies it applies for away fans too, but without the County prices being publicised, I don't know. I've asked both clubs on Twitter, but no answer.

https://twitter.com/JamTarts/status/1156...76096?s=20

Finally, forcing small away supports to purchase their tickets in advance is pretty poor on Hearts' part. We won't sell out, there's no history of crowd trouble, and it's nothing but a way to save Hearts the hassle of having to staff an extra kiosk. That excuse about it being electronic turnstiles is nonsense - we've been to umpteen grounds where we buy our ticket from a kiosk and then scan it on our way in. There's also every chance they'll lose out on sales as well because people won't be able to make the decision to attend on the day.

(08-02-2019, 10:58 AM)Forfinn Wrote: Could I suggest the club need to do a bit of a social media offensive on this? It's standard practice in most places just to be able to rock up on the day, and many will automatically assume that's the case.

So far County have tweeted you can get your tickets by phoning the club, but haven't mentioned how much they cost or whether they're available on the day. I asked in reply yesterday, but there's been no response. If they leave it too long then there won't be time for those not in Dingwall to get them posted out.

Hearts have also announced a really good £5 deal for "all" student tickets. That implies it applies for away fans too, but without the County prices being publicised, I don't know. I've asked both clubs on Twitter, but no answer.

https://twitter.com/JamTarts/status/1156...76096?s=20

Finally, forcing small away supports to purchase their tickets in advance is pretty poor on Hearts' part. We won't sell out, there's no history of crowd trouble, and it's nothing but a way to save Hearts the hassle of having to staff an extra kiosk. That excuse about it being electronic turnstiles is nonsense - we've been to umpteen grounds where we buy our ticket from a kiosk and then scan it on our way in. There's also every chance they'll lose out on sales as well because people won't be able to make the decision to attend on the day.

The response I got from Hearts today Craig was pretty poor - basically Ross County have the away allocation and there won't be tickets available on the day - I'm about to stick out a tweet with that info so supporters are aware they need to buy in advance - tickets can be posted out, but obviously they would need to be bought in time for this to happen - tickets can also be purchased tomorrow in the club shop....

I know it's not ideal, but it's the way a lot of the bigger clubs are going - Hearts, Celtic, Rangers etc....passing the buck onto the away club to handle the ticket sales

I will get ticket info and get that out also...

Tynecastle ticket prices are below:

Adult ticket - £29
Over 65 - £21
Under 18 - £15
Under 16 - £8
Student - £5
Under 13 - also £5

Tickets are on-sale at Ross County by visiting the club shop or phoning 01349 860860 - if you are looking for these tickets to be posted out then I'd give plenty notice prior to the match next Saturday 10th August.

According to Hearts - away tickets will not be on-sale on the day as the away allocation has been given to Ross County to sell - they operate electronic turnstiles so you need your ticket before attending the match.

Student tickets are £21, Hearts have made a point of not opening the section where the £5 tickets are available for us.

I won't be going now as they seem determined to take us for suckers.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Surely this breaches SPFL rules, also £21 for an oap wow!

(08-06-2019, 06:39 AM)Despot Wrote: Student tickets are £21, Hearts have made a point of not opening the section where the £5 tickets are available for us.

I won't be going now as they seem determined to take us for suckers.

There's been an almighty arglebargle on Twitter about this, but it has now been cleared up and confirmed that the £5 student ticket price applies to County fans too
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

The issue was down to how the letter was laid out from Hearts to Ross County - instead of putting the £5 Student ticket price in the pricing bracket along with the other ticket prices, they put a small bold print in the letter lower down saying "please note we are doing a student deal where students can get in for £5" - however, in the pricing breakdown of the tickets which our ticket office would have looked at - the price for full-time education was £21 ?

This has been pointed out to Hearts and thankfully the issue is now resolved - but this could all have been avoided with a clearly written letter that arrived with the ticket allocation for our away fans.

Lessons learned!

(08-06-2019, 01:18 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: The issue was down to how the letter was laid out from Hearts to Ross County - instead of putting the £5 Student ticket price in the pricing bracket along with the other ticket prices, they put a small bold print in the letter lower down saying "please note we are doing a student deal where students can get in for £5" - however, in the pricing breakdown of the tickets which our ticket office would have looked at - the price for full-time education was £21 ?

This has been pointed out to Hearts and thankfully the issue is now resolved - but this could all have been avoided with a clearly written letter that arrived with the ticket allocation for our away fans.

Lessons learned!

I'm honestly speechless. A badly structured letter which wasn't read properly?

I pointed this offer out to the club on Twitter last Thursday, less than two hours after it was announced. It was flagged up directly when one of our group tried to buy the tickets on Saturday, and it took a Central Staggies-led Twitter storm on Monday night to get it cleared up on Tuesday morning.

There was a school of thought that Hearts were at it and actively breaking SPFL rules by discriminating against away fans. I was prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt, and that it was a miscommunication on their part after deciding late in the day to run the deal - after tickets had been sent to County.

But no, it was there all along. No one comes out of this looking good. However, we got there in the end. Hopefully any students who paid £21 can now get their £16 refund, and the rest still have time to sort a ticket out before the weekend.

Thanks for your help getting it sorted, Kenny - I know you were trying your best!

ETA: This still does nothing for the scandalous £29 adults are being charged and the lack of matchday purchasing option, but at least it helps out one demographic amongst our support.

Tempting to dig out our old (long) expired student IDs after seeing those prices, ouch! Can we stay in the championship please?

(08-06-2019, 02:52 PM)NVACA Wrote: Tempting to dig out our old (long) expired student IDs after seeing those prices, ouch! Can we stay in the championship please?

Yes a few people have said the same - looks like there will be a few expensive away days this season for our supporters....

Have you seen the state of the Hearts pitch after the concert they just hosted, shocking state for any club to have to play on and right at the start of the season too. Can't imagine their ground staff are impressed either I suppose.

(08-07-2019, 09:07 AM)frankthetank Wrote: Have you seen the state of the Hearts pitch after the concert they just hosted, shocking state for any club to have to play on and right at the start of the season too. Can't imagine their ground staff are impressed either I suppose.

Saw that last night - shocking state given we play them on Saturday - can't possibly see how they can improve it much by Saturday....

The ticket prices are very disappointing and make it hard for your average fan to attend all the games they would like to. It’s an expensive day out when you factor in travel, food and a few shandies to help you up the road.

HEARTS V ROSS COUNTY - TICKET UPDATE

After much badgering I can confirm that I've just heard from Hearts that there will be away tickets on sale for walk-up fans near the away entrance at Tynecastle

We had to wait until they had their pre-ops meeting to confirm there would be away tickets on-sale - that is now the case so anyone needing a ticket on the day can now get them near the away entrance.

(08-08-2019, 10:43 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: HEARTS V ROSS COUNTY - TICKET UPDATE

After much badgering I can confirm that I've just heard from Hearts that there will be away tickets on sale for walk-up fans near the away entrance at Tynecastle

We had to wait until they had their pre-ops meeting to confirm there would be away tickets on-sale - that is now the case so anyone needing a ticket on the day can now get them near the away entrance.

A good result for general common sense. The official club facebook and twitter accounts etc should probably post an update, the most recent ones still say there are no tickets available on the day!

(08-08-2019, 11:19 AM)NVACA Wrote: A good result for general common sense. The official club facebook and twitter accounts etc should probably post an update, the most recent ones still say there are no tickets available on the day!

The club was flooded again this week after torrential rain so I think they have their hands full at present - Hearts contacted me direct which is why I've stuck out the updates....

(08-08-2019, 11:31 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: The club was flooded again this week after torrential rain so I think they have their hands full at present - Hearts contacted me direct which is why I've stuck out the updates....

Yeah I saw the shop floor. They've done it now, wasn't a complaint anyway, just that the 'official' accounts have a lot more reach.

TICKET UPDATE FOR SATURDAY - TYNECASTLE

Tickets on the day will be CASH ONLY - no card sales - tickets will be available from a pod near the away entrance from 2pm - tickets can be sent down to be collected from this pod if supporters would prefer to purchase from Ross County.

Please be aware that a lot of this ticket info has come about after the Hearts FC pre-ops meeting which was held this morning - they have decided to sell away tickets due to the confusion earlier in the week.