Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Ross County V Hamilton - Saturday 3rd August (25th Anniversary)
So, we are back in the Premiership and start the campaign against Hamilton at home on Saturday - important that we get some points on the board early on - no reason to suggest we can't get off to a good start - I'm pretty optimistic for the season ahead.

Some info from the club website below regarding the 25th Anniversary celebration that will take place on Saturday ->

Saturday 3rd August may be our league opener against Hamilton and our Flag Day after winning last seasons Championship title, but the day has much more sentimental significance for Ross County FC. It’s the eve of 25 years in the Scottish Professional Football League.

On 4th August 1994, Ross County took to the field for their first match in moving from the Highland League in to the Professional divisions of Scotland. Managed, at the time, by Bobby Wilson, it was a period of transition for the Staggies who were going from localised semi-professional football in to the professional structure of the Scottish game. It was with the forward-thinking vision of then Chairman, Hector MacLennan and Secretary, Donnie MacBean, that County were able to take this major step.

Since 1994, the Staggies have had some incredible highs and some difficult lows. Our return to the top table of Scottish Football this August only goes to show how visionary the club were to take the club in to the setup and strive for the success the club has achieved. Since 1994 the club has risen through the divisions and our thanks must be given to the managers and players that have helped the club to the top tier.

On Saturday 3rd August 2019, we will welcome some of the members of the team who took to the field for our first SPFL game in the old “Division 3”. As well as welcoming them for a day of hospitality we will also be taking them on to the pitch at half time in celebration of the success they helped to bring to Ross County FC. We hope you can all join us as we relive the story of our great club and thank those who pioneered this journey to help bring the club to where we are today.

Squad from opening day 1994/95 –

Steve Hutchison, Chris Somerville, Gary Campbell, Robbie Williamson, Sandy MacLeod, Andy MacLeod, Billy Ferries, Brian Grant, Jamie MacPherson, Billy Herd, Barry Wilson, Cammy Robertson, Gordon Connelly, Don MacMillan, Alan Duff, Craig Reid, Willie Furphy, David MacKay, Russell McFee, Ian McFadyen, John Bellshaw.
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Was Russell McFee a PE teacher at Dingwall Academy for a while?
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(07-31-2019, 05:26 AM)Despot Wrote: Was Russell McFee a PE teacher at Dingwall Academy for a while?

Yeah he was

(07-31-2019, 06:46 AM)mike_lowrie Wrote: Yeah he was

He was my PE teacher in 96/97 or 97/98, had totally forgotten about it!

It’ll be great to see the legends again. Let’s hope we give them a win on Saturday!

(07-31-2019, 05:26 AM)Despot Wrote: Was Russell McFee a PE teacher at Dingwall Academy for a while?

Pretty sure he still is in Inverness somewhere. Possibly IRA.

(08-01-2019, 12:39 PM)Iker Wrote: Pretty sure he still is in Inverness somewhere. Possibly IRA.

Charleston.

He had a spell managing Forres a few years back.

I see a lot of Hamilton fans are deciding to give the game a miss due to the pricing.

£25 to watch Ross County V Hamilton is absurd.

Staggie2509 surely in your role, you need to speak with the club regarding the ticket prices. Your average man on the street can't afford that.

Is that not fairly standard for the top division? What will our fans be charged at Tynecastle next week?

What would you suggest we charge?

Accies are £22 a pop, so it's not like the difference is massive.

(08-01-2019, 09:58 PM)Despot Wrote: Accies are £22 a pop, so it's not like the difference is massive.

I remember Hamilton away being expensive too. Absolutely ridiculous considering in Germany you can watch world class football (eg Bayern Munich vs Dortmund) for €20 which includes a beer and transport to the stadium. £25 to watch Ross County vs Hamilton is a joke but not sure what can be done

(08-01-2019, 09:53 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Is that not fairly standard for the top division? What will our fans be charged at Tynecastle next week?

What would you suggest we charge?

I have already spoken to the club about ticket pricing as have others on numerous occasions - this is why the Jail End season ticket price is a lot lower compared to what it was before.

The pricing structure is in line with the league I'm afraid and the club also needs to generate income if we want to keep seeing decent players on the park - so there is only so far the club can go with regards to pricing.

I agree that the cost of football is still expensive - but on the flip side the club still has to generate income.

What would you charge given the quality of the surroundings at our club and the quality of our tea bars and what they serve etc, I know I've had a lot less quality at other grounds and been charged a lot more for my ticket....

(08-02-2019, 03:01 AM)Ullapool Staggie Wrote: Absolutely ridiculous considering in Germany you can watch world class football (eg Bayern Munich vs Dortmund) for €20 which includes a beer and transport to the stadium

In theory, perhaps, but as the below makes clear, the reality is somewhat different

https://www.bvb.de/eng/Tickets/Informati...nformation

It's one of more irritating urban myths that gets perpetuated

Regarding our pricing, there won't be many away games that we'll get in to for less than £25, unfortunately- if anything, it reinforces the fact that our season tickets represent good value. And I'm also sceptical of the notion that there are hordes of Hamilton fans who were planning the 8 hour, 400 mile round trip assuming a price of £22 (which is what I believe the 17/18 ticket price was) but are ditching the whole endeavour for the sake of £3
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Out of interest, I'm just off the phone to Tynecastle - adult ticket £29 - so I don't think £25 for Hamilton fans is that bad really....and also notice it's £24 for an adult ticket for Dundee Utd - that's their Championship pricing...

(08-02-2019, 01:17 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Out of interest, I'm just off the phone to Tynecastle - adult ticket £29 - so I don't think £25 for Hamilton fans is that bad really....and also notice it's £24 for an adult ticket for Dundee Utd - that's their Championship pricing...

Hamilton have just raised ticket prices to £25 for certain games so aye.

Out of interest - checked what Celtic and Rangers are charging Hearts and Hibs fans when they visit Parkhead and Ibrox:

Celtic V Hearts - Adult ticket £33
Rangers V Hibs - Adult ticket £30

Expensive day out that when you take into account your travel and food and drink.....simply pricing fans out of the game really.....you can apparently watch top tier football in Germany for £10 - and I bet their stadiums are packed and the club are making a fortune out of food, beer and merchandise sales.....can't see too many making away journeys this season at these prices.....

(08-02-2019, 04:06 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Out of interest - checked what Celtic and Rangers are charging Hearts and Hibs fans when they visit Parkhead and Ibrox:

Celtic V Hearts - Adult ticket £33
Rangers V Hibs - Adult ticket £30

Expensive day out that when you take into account your travel and food and drink.....simply pricing fans out of the game really.....you can apparently watch top tier football in Germany for £10 - and I bet their stadiums are packed and the club are making a fortune out of food, beer and merchandise sales.....can't see too many making away journeys this season at these prices.....

I've been to Sevco and Celtic once with County and that was enough. Bad enough paying over the odds for games you're most likely going to get beaten in and sit through ninety minutes of secretarian bile.

Has everyone received their season tickets for tomorrow?

I renewed ours months ago and had no communication back, so will need to rock up early to ask questions, is this normal (happened to us last year too).

(08-02-2019, 09:50 AM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: In theory, perhaps, but as the below makes clear, the reality is somewhat different

https://www.bvb.de/eng/Tickets/Informati...nformation

It's one of more irritating urban myths that gets perpetuated

Regarding our pricing, there won't be many away games that we'll get in to for less than £25, unfortunately- if anything, it reinforces the fact that our season tickets represent good value. And I'm also sceptical of the notion that there are hordes of Hamilton fans who were planning the 8 hour, 400 mile round trip assuming a price of £22 (which is what I believe the 17/18 ticket price was) but are ditching the whole endeavour for the sake of £3

You’re spot on there gudge.

(08-02-2019, 07:43 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Has everyone received their season tickets for tomorrow?

I renewed ours months ago and had no communication back, so will need to rock up early to ask questions, is this normal (happened to us last year too).

Not normal.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets