Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
v Carlisle United Saturday 27th July
Brick 
“The strength in depth and balance in the squad is excellent and there’s fierce competition all over the park.

“I think the Carlisle friendly gives us a brilliant variety in what we’ve faced this pre-season. We’ve encountered a lot of different types of football." - StuKetts

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/spo...-comeback/

Not sure what to expect but game time is all important.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

I only know three of the Carlisle squad: Scougall, Iredale and Etuhu. Interesting to see what they're like and a great chance to boo their manager.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Got a couple of oldies sitting behind me. Cant even read the team sheet. Keep complaining the numbers are wrong. They are matching our players to Carlisle numbers. Idiots

Big Grin 
Ketts has said the whole squad could get used today, including a bit of Drapes as he returns to fitness.

That sounds pretty disruptive.

And Power scores - 1-0

Vigurs 2-0 from free kick
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Hopefully it's a tweak rather than a strain for Power, could tell he wasn't right as soon as he landed.

The west stand linesman was absolutely garbage, got almost every decision wrong.

Positives: Paton, Power, Midge, Mckay.

Negatives: Power's injury, Vigurs still looks a bit off the pace, some of Ruddy's short passing selections were worrying, though his long kicking was solid.

(07-27-2019, 07:18 PM)Despot Wrote: Hopefully it's a tweak rather than a strain for Power, could tell he wasn't right as soon as he landed.

The west stand linesman was absolutely garbage, got almost every decision wrong.

Positives: Paton, Power, Midge, Mckay.

Negatives: Power's injury, Vigurs still looks a bit off the pace, some of Ruddy's short passing selections were worrying, though his long kicking was solid.

I’d have to disagree with your take on Ruddy’s long kicking. 75% of the time it was hit and hope. I thought he looked a little over confident too, but hopefully he’ll settle down a bit over time.

Power looked great when he came on, as did Paton and Graham caused a lot of bother today.

(07-27-2019, 09:01 PM)Iker Wrote: I’d have to disagree with your take on Ruddy’s long kicking. 75% of the time it was hit and hope. I thought he looked a little over confident too, but hopefully he’ll settle down a bit over time.

Power looked great when he came on, as did Paton and Graham caused a lot of bother today.

I meant "solid" as in it was going over the halfway line and more often than not was in play, rather than imaging him pinging sixty yarders on a sixpence like Zidane.

It was nice to see a couple of new goal celebrations on the club Twitter page, but, Simon power, c'mon, what were you thinking lol.
Can't wait to see what gardynes looks like, hopefully get to see it next Saturday.

I can't wait to see what Kenny VDW's looks like.
I'm guessing he gives the camera a death stare. Or slide-tackles it.

(07-27-2019, 07:18 PM)Despot Wrote: The west stand linesman was absolutely garbage, got almost every decision wrong.

He did not flag for a foul in the second half when he should have done (nothing given), but all his off-side calls were spot on, including one where the West Stand gave him abuse for a flag, when the County player was around 3 yards off-side.

(07-28-2019, 07:51 AM)Five Minutes from the Ground Wrote: He did not flag for a foul in the second half when he should have done (nothing given), but all his off-side calls were spot on, including one where the West Stand gave him abuse for a flag, when the County player was around 3 yards off-side.

I think that was after the disallowed goal, where McLean refused to let play continue and pulled it back to yellow card the defender and give a free kick outside the box, which the keeper held easily.

We got the second goal not long after tho.

(07-28-2019, 07:29 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: I can't wait to see what Kenny VDW's looks like.
I'm guessing he gives the camera a death stare. Or slide-tackles it.

hahahah... Amazing!

Have to say though the keeper strip is a cracker.

(07-28-2019, 07:15 PM)Iker Wrote: Have to say though the keeper strip is a cracker.

Few people commented favourably on this on Saturday.....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Wasn’t able to make the game but encouraged by what I’ve read on here. Thanks guys!