Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
Betfred Cup 2019-20
A good chance of getting to a quarter final but Partick look a decent outfit so can’t be underestimated

(07-29-2019, 02:08 AM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: A good chance of getting to a quarter final but Partick look a decent outfit so can’t be underestimated

Maybe a chance to see Joe Cardle, Stevie Saunders and Rafa DeVita at Firhill.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

Hopefully we can have a bit of a cup run and build some confidence going into the season.

(07-29-2019, 09:18 AM)Despot Wrote: Maybe a chance to see Joe Cardle, Stevie Saunders and Rafa DeVita at Firhill.

the most fondly remembered of these being Rafa!
Malky Mackay - he's our new manager

We've got a similar starting line-up as v Hearts. 3 are on the bench from that game. Joe Chalmers back in in place of Vigurs; Watson replaces Morris and Spittal is getting some game time while Mullin is rested too.

0 - 0 at half time
Malky Mackay - he's our new manager

7 shots at ht, but only 1 on target, carrying on from last week, hopefully the goals will come..

1-1 Blair spittal with our goal , would be a huge result for us to get through

Edit: in extra time 2-2 15 mins left Paton with 2nd goal

(08-17-2019, 04:44 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: 1-1 Blair spittal with our goal , would be a huge result for us to get through

Edit: in extra time 2-2 15 mins left Paton with 2nd goal

Disappointing to say the least . Reality check for all including management. If you want to win a game you play your best team. Anything less is a gamble!

Yup, extremely disappointing! We put out a weakened side and paid the price. Thistle looked fitter within extra time which is a little concerning. Fergie and Ketts seemed short on ideas as the game wore on

there were chances for county to win the game but we were definitely not the better team. Partick deserved the win and that’s what was worrying about today. A few changes made from last week and we looked a completely different team. No creativity in the team without Vigurs and Mullin. Midge was the only source of creativity in the first half. Chalmers and Spittal for me were way off the pace in terms of keeping possession. Should have started with draper and Vigurs in the middle with Mullin and midge on the wings. There would have been a better chance of county dictating the game rather than chasing the game with that starting lineup. I feel Marcus is getting beat far too easily and a lot of particks play came down that side because they could see where the week link in the defence was. A complete contrast today compared with the first two league games. Don’t think it’s too much of a worry, just tactically and personnel today were wrong.

Disappointing, but staying up is the goal this year. A cup run would be a nice bonus, but that's all.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

(08-17-2019, 08:55 PM)yank Wrote: there were chances for county to win the game but we were definitely not the better team. Partick deserved the win and that’s what was worrying about today. A few changes made from last week and we looked a completely different team. No creativity in the team without Vigurs and Mullin. Midge was the only source of creativity in the first half. Chalmers and Spittal for me were way off the pace in terms of keeping possession. Should have started with draper and Vigurs in the middle with Mullin and midge on the wings. There would have been a better chance of county dictating the game rather than chasing the game with that starting lineup. I feel Marcus is getting beat far too easily and a lot of particks play came down that side because they could see where the week link in the defence was. A complete contrast today compared with the first two league games. Don’t think it’s too much of a worry, just tactically and personnel today were wrong.

I was calling for Vigurs to come on for Draper in the 1st half, unfortunately when he came on in the 2nd it didn’t change anything. We have a real problem in the centre. We were awful for the 1st 15-20 minutes. And the number of off target shots is also a worry. Fair play to Thistle, they looked good.

(08-18-2019, 09:28 AM)cdam Wrote: I was calling for Vigurs to come on for Draper in the 1st half, unfortunately when he came on in the 2nd it didn’t change anything. We have a real problem in the centre. We were awful for the 1st 15-20 minutes. And the number of off target shots is also a worry. Fair play to Thistle, they looked good.

I agree, when Vigurs came on he was unable to make an impact, Likewise when Mullin came on. I think it was just one of those games. Had they started they might have been more influential. Too many players had an off day. I don’t think we have a worry so much when Draper and Vigurs play. Yesterday was the first game the centre of midfield didn’t dictate the play. Without question Vigurs is our best centre midfielder and he needs to be playing, but he needs someone beside him that’s going to do the dirty work. Draper is that person for me. Joe is a decent player but is too lightweight to play the role that draper does, and he’s not as good as Vigurs at controlling or creating from midfield. So i think we are fine with Vigurs and draper, but I would say if they aren’t the duo playing then there is a problem in terms of players being able to come in and do the same job.

I feel the main issues aren’t the midfield but the right and left backs. They are beaten far too easily and their distribution is average at best. That is where the better teams will punish us.

(08-18-2019, 12:42 PM)yank Wrote: I feel the main issues aren’t the midfield but the right and left backs. They are beaten far too easily and their distribution is average at best. That is where the better teams will punish us.

Agree especially Kelly, poor distribution and easily beat for sure !

Certainly didn't expect a defeat never mind 3 goals!
How did Erwin look?

(08-18-2019, 08:28 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Certainly didn't expect a defeat never mind 3 goals!
How did Erwin look?

Off the pace.

(08-18-2019, 08:28 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Certainly didn't expect a defeat never mind 3 goals!
How did Erwin look?

Promising but needs to sharpen up a lot

It’s disappointing as we really should be beating Partick but we just have to take it on the chin and move on.

Bit of a late reply to this thread but the Partick score still hurts a little. I was standing at a bar in St Petersburg and I heard someone with a Scottish Accent, got speaking to them and she says, ah you are from Dingwall are you a County supporter, we are playing you Today. I was half watching the score before this but had not looked in a while so got the phone out to check progress, it was full time to my horror. You could not have made it up.

More vodka please......

How did you enjoy St Petersburg, Wemyss?

I think we all needed a vodka after that result