Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ayr vs county
(04-17-2019, 11:44 AM)Spain Wrote: In short, it's fine as it is in my opinion.

I read "as" as in "because".

So self-important! Wink

(04-16-2019, 10:30 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Prize money maybe... is there much of a difference?

Aside from the difference in positional prize money, 3rd place also means you get the 2nd leg of the 3rd/4th place playoff at home on Saturday 11th May (with the 1st leg at the home of 4th on the preceding Wednesday). As we seem to have established that playing at any time other than 3pm on a Saturday is nothing short of blasphemous, that should be ample motivation for ICT not to lie down on Saturday (and just FWIW most ICT fans don't particularly seem to rate Rooney)
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(04-16-2019, 11:01 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: The Premiership team plays 40 games. The second place team in the Championship (if they reach the final) plays 40 games. It's obviously not stacked in favour of the Premiership team.

Ideally, the 4th place team wouldn't be in the play-offs (it's a midtable finish in a 10 team league). It should be a straight play-off between 3rd and 2nd, then winner plays the 11th placed team. Thus, all teams potentially play 40 games.

I agree with your point about the 4th place team but still feel the playoffs are stacked in favour of the premiership team because whilst the championship teams are playing Saturday widweek and Saturday again the premiership team are resting. They go into the playoff final fresh whilst the team from the championship that makes the final might have had 4 games in quick succession.
I'm not against this system, I'm just stating what I think is a fact.

I hopeful the 3 points are secured on Friday - the team have had a longer break and hopefully some niggling injuries and aches and pains are resolved and they hit the pitch raring to go - they will know that performance last Saturday was below par and I'm sure they will want to address this and Kett's and Fergie will have them fired up to do the job!

Ayr will throw everything at us which will hopefully leave gaps for us to counter-attack.....

MON THE STAGGIES!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(04-17-2019, 01:15 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: I agree with your point about the 4th place team but still feel the playoffs are stacked in favour of the premiership team because whilst the championship teams are playing Saturday widweek and Saturday again the premiership team are resting. They go into the playoff final fresh whilst the team from the championship that makes the final might have had 4 games in quick succession.
I'm not against this system, I'm just stating what I think is a fact.

The Premiership team won't be resting- the last weekend of the Premiership season is the same weekend as the 2nd leg of the playoff "semi-final"
If it seems like it's hard work for the 3rd/4th place team to get to the "final", then that's because it ought to be
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

(04-17-2019, 02:56 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: The Premiership team won't be resting- the last weekend of the Premiership season is the same weekend as the 2nd leg of the playoff "semi-final"
If it seems like it's hard work for the 3rd/4th place team to get to the "final", then that's because it ought to be

Once again, I'm not against the system that is in place. I just think it's stacked in the premiership teams favour!

I'll make this my last post on the subject as it has nothing to do with Ayr v County.

Staggie win and the league all but sown up.
2-1 County, Lyndsay and Stewart with the goals.

All this talk of the playoff really makes me hope we are not involved! Hopefully it is wrapped up this week end.

Only two seats left on the bus now, I believe.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Can imagine it'll be a tense affair - really hoping we come out of the traps all guns blazing and get an early goal that will hopefully settle us - then just pick Ayr off on the counter-attack....hoping there will be space for our attacking players to do the business.....

I'm sure the management team will have the guys fired up - they are travelling down today due to concerns about the Easter break traffic - all the best lads and LET'S GET THIS DONE!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(04-17-2019, 10:03 PM)Despot Wrote: Only two seats left on the bus now, I believe.

I believe it is now full. Respect to those making the trip and a quick run up road with 3 points in the bag. With the possibility of the central belt staggies may be a decent attendance for such a poor kick off time

()Deas_pie_staggie Wrote: I believe it is now full. Respect to those making the trip and a quick run up road with 3 points in the bag. With the possibility of the central belt staggies may be a decent attendance for such a poor kick off time

I thought the bus would be quieter so booked my seat quite late- totally forgot it was the Easter Friday. I really enjoy visiting Somerset, one of my favourite away grounds.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

()Deas_pie_staggie Wrote: With the possibility of the central belt staggies may be a decent attendance

Yeah, there should be a decent squad of us in attendance. We'll be congregating in O'Neills near Glasgow Central station from 3:30pm before getting the 5:47pm train to Ayr (well, Newton-on-Ayr as it's nearer the ground) - any County fans (or well-meaning neutrals with nothing better to do) are more than welcome to join us

Me and 2 mates (part time County fans) heading through from the East for this. We'll be in Glasgow from 2 onwards and looking forward to it.
Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili

"Freedom Is Best, I Tell Thee True, Of All Things To Be Won.
Then Never Live Within The Bonds Of Slavery My Son" William Wallace (1270-1305)