Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
V Partick 13/4/19
Well we can't win the league tomorrow, but we can lose it.

Any predictions?

I'll go for 2-0 county. Stewart and Lindsay with the goals.

2-0 to County, Partick look a team bereft of confidence.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

County have the best home record in the league. Partick have the worst away record in the league.
What could possibly go wrong??????

We can only lose this. I can see this being a close game, I hope I am wrong and we win comfortably.

(04-13-2019, 09:13 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: County have the best home record in the league. Partick have the worst away record in the league.
What could possibly go wrong??????

Warning!

Make sure , if you are coming from the North, you leave in good time.
Roadworks outside Maggie P's hoose.
Last time there was roadworks at the rail crossing it was mayhem.

Aye, they're a nightmare due to their proximity to the other traffic lights at the bottom of kinnairdie.

(04-13-2019, 09:45 AM)the reaper Wrote: We can only lose this. I can see this being a close game, I hope I am wrong and we win comfortably.

well you were not wrong it was close our team dished up yet another pish poor performance I feel sorry for all the additional supporters who turned up there today and payed to watch that crap no one now should be in any doubt that unless the tinks do us a favour next week its likely we will be in the playoffs we have been dire for months now and today was no exception second to everything absolutely no desire to get to the ball no amount of excuses poor ref to many injuries to many games can excuse the rubbish on that park today time to drop half that team and put some of the young boys in it cant possibly be any worse

(04-13-2019, 05:32 PM)county AML Wrote: well you were not wrong it was close our team dished up yet another pish poor performance I feel sorry for all the additional supporters who turned up there today and payed to watch that crap no one now should be in any doubt that unless the tinks do us a favour next week its likely we will be in the playoffs we have been dire for months now and today was no exception second to everything absolutely no desire to get to the ball no amount of excuses poor ref to many injuries to many games can excuse the rubbish on that park today time to drop half that team and put some of the young boys in it cant possibly be any worse

Personally, I think you’re talking nonsense. Look at the performance of the whole season

(04-13-2019, 05:50 PM)DORTAIN Wrote: Look at the performance of the whole season

Don't depress us further.

Can count on a single hand how many "good" performances we have served up.

Next week is massive now, really need Caley to do us a favour and hope we can nick something from Ayr.

Wow. Some really pessimistic radges around Victoria park this season. Given our superior goal difference we are one win away from winning this league at the 1st time of asking, something Dundee United, with all their financial backing, haven't managed.
I'm having none of this negative thinking, we will beat Ayr on Fri and win the league, there's no way DU will reverse an 18 goal difference.

This achievement will have been an even bigger achievement given our injuries.
Well done Ferg and Ketts, and well done to the players who have stayed fit enough to finish the season.
Onto Ayr and the 3points we need! COYS

(04-13-2019, 05:50 PM)DORTAIN Wrote: Personally, I think you’re talking nonsense. Look at the performance of the whole season
unfortunately I have
I have not missed a game and as old as I am there is nothing wrong with my memory
I can recall 1 game at the start of the season where we were outstanding and on that day could have beaten anyone and I include SPL on that day I thought we will walk this league boy was I wrong we have had possibly 10 other decent performances mostly away from home the rest have been getting progressively worse as the season went on today it was dire we cannot go on hoping others will do us a favour I do not like running down our team but feel the fans are being let down all to often this season if even half of our squad showed the desire and determination our manager did when playing we would have won the league weeks ago

(04-13-2019, 06:59 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Wow. Some really pessimistic radges around Victoria park this season. Given our superior goal difference we are one win away from winning this league at the 1st time of asking, something Dundee United, with all their financial backing, haven't managed.
I'm having none of this negative thinking, we will beat Ayr on Fri and win the league, there's no way DU will reverse an 18 goal difference.

Well done Ferg and Ketts, and well done to the players who have stayed fit enough to finish the season.

Totally agree

As we stumble across the line at least we can look forward to a retained list with very few names on it.

That was two hours of my life I won't get back.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(04-13-2019, 07:57 PM)DORTAIN Wrote: Totally agree

Have to agree with this today was not great but over the season we have been consistent and duck out some key results including the draw with United last week. We have a lot of key players out and a lot of games at this time when the squad has been stretched. United or anyone would be pleased to be where we are and how competitive this league is I think means our performance this season has been really good.

(04-13-2019, 06:59 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Wow. Some really pessimistic radges around Victoria park this season. Given our superior goal difference we are one win away from winning this league at the 1st time of asking, something Dundee United, with all their financial backing, haven't managed.

I’m baffled by some of these comments - I must have been watching a different team this season - given the last few seasons where we have been thumped or played out bore draws in the top flight - this season has been really exciting - more wins, goals and we are still top with a 6 point lead over Dundee Utd - that’s right Dundee Utd - a Club with a much bigger support base and resources compared to our club

The achievement by Ketts and Fergie has been nothing short of outstanding and anyone who can’t see that really needs to question their motives for posting such negative comments - half our squad is sitting in the stand injured

Fontaine
Vigours
Mckay
Watson
Morris
Van Der Weg

There’s also a handful of players probably playing with niggling injuries who are playing through the pain barrier trying to get us over the line - no other team in this league could have achieved what we have without key personnel

Be grateful we are in the position we are in - financially it’s crucial we get up to the Premiership - IMO the managers and players have delivered what was asked of them - end of!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Mind blown at some of the comments here. We are top of the league 1 game away from winning it. We have had an injury list like no other I’ve ever seen. McKay draper VDW Vigurs Morris Fontain Watson, we’ve also had mullin fox midge Stewart and kelly our for long periods as well as semple being out. Let’s remember we are in the Scottish championship we aren’t going to see Barçaesque silky football. Every team in this league are battling for their life look at the bottom 6 anyone of them could go down, we’re the big boys with the best squad everyone natural raises their game for us and try hurt us to make it hard. Yet we’re still top. Look at Partick who finished above us last year... almost league 1. The fact this is Fergie and Ketts rookie season dealing with this injury list and finances of Dundee Utd, to be top and still getting results when playing poorly deserves credit. 7 automatic first team players are out and we’re almost there despite the busy fixture schedule. Bit more positivity guys cmon

(04-14-2019, 02:36 AM)Ullapool Staggie Wrote: Mind blown at some of the comments here. We are top of the league 1 game away from winning it. We have had an injury list like no other I’ve ever seen. McKay draper VDW Vigurs Morris Fontain Watson, we’ve also had mullin fox midge Stewart and kelly our for long periods as well as semple being out. Let’s remember we are in the Scottish championship we aren’t going to see Barçaesque silky football. Every team in this league are battling for their life look at the bottom 6 anyone of them could go down, we’re the big boys with the best squad everyone natural raises their game for us and try hurt us to make it hard. Yet we’re still top. Look at Partick who finished above us last year... almost league 1. The fact this is Fergie and Ketts rookie season dealing with this injury list and finances of Dundee Utd, to be top and still getting results when playing poorly deserves credit. 7 automatic first team players are out and we’re almost there despite the busy fixture schedule. Bit more positivity guys cmon

So I take it if we don't go up then it won't be much of a surprise?

(04-14-2019, 02:36 AM)Ullapool Staggie Wrote: Mind blown at some of the comments here. We are top of the league 1 game away from winning it. We have had an injury list like no other I’ve ever seen. McKay draper VDW Vigurs Morris Fontain Watson, we’ve also had mullin fox midge Stewart and kelly our for long periods as well as semple being out. Let’s remember we are in the Scottish championship we aren’t going to see Barçaesque silky football. Every team in this league are battling for their life look at the bottom 6 anyone of them could go down, we’re the big boys with the best squad everyone natural raises their game for us and try hurt us to make it hard. Yet we’re still top. Look at Partick who finished above us last year... almost league 1. The fact this is Fergie and Ketts rookie season dealing with this injury list and finances of Dundee Utd, to be top and still getting results when playing poorly deserves credit. 7 automatic first team players are out and we’re almost there despite the busy fixture schedule. Bit more positivity guys cmon

Reality bites. There haven’t been many games that you could say we played well. Not good to suggest people saying this are lesser supporters as some seem to think. I still chanted in support, cheer when we sneak undeserved wins or draws (after all, aren’t they the sweetest) and am loving where we are in the league, but am also realistic about how how we have played this season. Looking forward to being champions at home a week on Friday.

Wasn't a classic game by any stretch of the imagination. Was a tired and fatigued performance by players who have been playing twice a week for best part of a month.

Am glad we got the draw as looking at the players before the match I noted 3 of them who I think were playing through the pain barrier and were carrying injuries.

Hopefully with there not being a midweek game this week and having a week to recharge the batteries we will see a better performance on Friday.

We are 6pts ahead, which with the goal difference is effectively 7pts