Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Dundee Utd 5/4
(04-05-2019, 09:30 PM)mike_lowrie Wrote: If results go our way we could possibly win the league next weekend by my reckoning
hope so my heart cant take much more we were really poor again tonight second to every ball but in the end DDU Got what they deserved as it is said cheats never prosper in 60 years I have never seen so much diving and play acting as I did tonight assisted by the so called referee

What a great result after a terrible game and a dire performance. It must have looked pretty bad on TV. The fact that we scored deep into injury time after they'd fallen down like flies to waste time was particularly enjoyable.

On to Tuesday and hopefully 3 points. With all the injuries and fatigue we really need to win the league as soon as we can, as I don't think we'd make it through the play-offs.

We really were poor tonight and that's not being negative, it's just telling the truth. At this stage of the season though, it's points not performance.

Very welcome point- DU usual time wasters

That was brutal. Mullin with the miss of the season. Totally disjointed, tired, performance. However....A great result on paper.

Seriously cobbled together team these days. Thankfully we have a very deep squad.

How is Steven Maclean even a referee?

Has Steven MacLean every had a good game in Dingwall?

No!

Same record as Brian in fact!

(04-05-2019, 10:38 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Has Steven MacLean every had a good game in Dingwall?

No!

It’s a struggle to decide who is most inept in their chosen field.

For those who think my match reports are too long, here is an abridged version :

County Reserves 1 Robbie's Cloggers 1

Pleasing.......

(04-07-2019, 12:57 AM)Fyrish-stag Wrote: For those who think my match reports are too long, here is an abridged version :

Pleasing.......

I appreciate your match reports.

This one, however, is inaccurate.

It should say......

County Reserves 1 Robbie's cheating b@stards 1

Karma..........

(04-07-2019, 12:57 AM)Fyrish-stag Wrote: For those who think my match reports are too long, here is an abridged version :

Pleasing.......

Forget about what others think of mate. At least you’re doing something

Pleasing.......

TS;DR

What a finish and its clear how much it meant to the players and staff and to the support. The game was as I expected after seeing the previous game at Dundee. They steal a goal and then its defend it in any way they can. I hate that way of playing but the number of County shots that were blocked does show United's way to grind out a result. Never thought I would see Dundee United play like that although if they manage to get promoted from the play offs then they will say it had to be done. They only real threat came from their number 7 McMullan who played between our CBs the whole game and was seldom picked up. Strange considering our lads were experienced pros. Anyway felt like a win to me after a hectic program rather than a draw so big praise to everyone.

(04-05-2019, 10:38 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Has Steven MacLean every had a good game in Dingwall?

No!

There’s always one!
And, I don’t mean Steven Maclean, I am going against the other opinions here.
Can’t blame the referee for Fridays result, I actually thought, and it’s only an opinion, he had a reasonably good game, as did both the assistants.
Dundee Utd time wasting tactics and all the other professional footballing tricks that they attempt, extremely difficult for the referee to handle this, all the tactics were borderline yellow cards, and make no mistake, if he dished out a card to each and ever player that broke the rules, rest assured, the TV and Radio pundits would screaming, he has over reacted, he has ruined the game.
End of the day, they got the added time correct, and good enough for Utd, they got what they deserved.
I think a draw was fair result, given our poor passing, poor finishing and patched up team.
End of the day, all things considered County came ok.
Raging Robbie had the audacity to confront the referee at the end, sorry Robbie you caused it yourself.
Hope you had a rough journey back down the road, poor soul had to travel more than 50 miles.

Pleasing.......

(04-07-2019, 09:46 AM) "Savage Henry Wrote: TS;DR

LOL

(04-07-2019, 12:14 PM)Harry Gow Pie Staggie Wrote: There’s always one!
And, I don’t mean Steven Maclean, I am going against the other opinions here.
Can’t blame the referee for Fridays result, I actually thought, and it’s only an opinion, he had a reasonably good game, as did both the assistants.
Dundee Utd time wasting tactics and all the other professional footballing tricks that they attempt, extremely difficult for the referee to handle this, all the tactics were borderline yellow cards, and make no mistake, if he dished out a card to each and ever player that broke the rules, rest assured, the TV and Radio pundits would screaming, he has over reacted, he has ruined the game.
End of the day, they got the added time correct, and good enough for Utd, they got what they deserved.
I think a draw was fair result, given our poor passing, poor finishing and patched up team.
End of the day, all things considered County came ok.
Raging Robbie had the audacity to confront the referee at the end, sorry Robbie you caused it yourself.
Hope you had a rough journey back down the road, poor soul had to travel more than 50 miles.

I'm not the original poster but feel free to think McLean had a good game..........County couldn't get into the Dundee United half without him blowing his whistle!

Yea, awesome referee.

I actually think we played terrible and were so lucky to snatch a point at the death.
What I will say is, you don't always get what you deserve in football. For example the 6 points DU received for their previous 2 games against us.......they certainly didn't deserve them!

(04-07-2019, 10:02 AM)Baw Heid Wrote: What a finish and its clear how much it meant to the players and staff and to the support. The game was as I expected after seeing the previous game at Dundee. They steal a goal and then its defend it in any way they can. I hate that way of playing but the number of County shots that were blocked does show United's way to grind out a result. Never thought I would see Dundee United play like that although if they manage to get promoted from the play offs then they will say it had to be done. They only real threat came from their number 7 McMullan who played between our CBs the whole game and was seldom picked up. Strange considering our lads were experienced pros. Anyway felt like a win to me after a hectic program rather than a draw so big praise to everyone.

Well done County. I thought it was a tired performance - third game in 6 days - but excellent attitude to grind a point out of it. Probably helped by United taking off attacking players to replace them with defensive types including Gomis who must be getting on a bit now.

I wouldn't say they cheated. United showed the smart side of the game that County will have to learn in order to grind out every point in the Scottish Premiership. They successfully drew fouls and kept just on the side of legal for the most part.

Just hope there is sufficient recovery and freshness for the Dunfermline game Tuesday night ... and then v Partick again on Saturday.

I reckon we'll win the title now though, and I think United will ultimately have too much for the mostly impressive ICT (or other) in the play offs, and probably go on to beat St Mirren or Dundee.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets