Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
The run in...
(04-10-2019, 06:22 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: There is a meltdown on the Facebook page, many folk not happy and I see their point.

Any idea how much County will actually get from this game being on the box? Do the club have any say, i.e. can they refuse to change the fixture??

Hoping to make the Queens game, pity it is not on a Saturday afternoon with open top bus etc.

I just booked my £30 return on the train from Glasgow for the Saturday earlier today. Sorry but you can't get a league presentation in the evening. It's not evening a fixture with anything to play for (hopefully)

Gutted.... Raging.... we've nearly won the league, ach well i'll just go to Dingwall for a pie and a haggis and a pint instead
"the beach balls are burst" Derek Adams 19/05/13

(04-10-2019, 06:22 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: There is a meltdown on the Facebook page, many folk not happy and I see their point.

Any idea how much County will actually get from this game being on the box? Do the club have any say, i.e. can they refuse to change the fixture??

Hoping to make the Queens game, pity it is not on a Saturday afternoon with open top bus etc.

I believe the football money from the new BBC Scotland channel goes into the SPFL TV money pot,and 83% of it goes to the Premiership teams,so we don't make much out of it and lose a chunk of attendance and hospitality income.

(04-10-2019, 09:26 PM)tattiedave Wrote: I believe the football money from the new BBC Scotland channel goes into the SPFL TV money pot,and 83% of it goes to the Premiership teams,so we don't make much out of it and lose a chunk of attendance and hospitality income.

Well hopefully next season they'll mess with Caley's fixtures and give us lots of money for it!

In England you get 6 weeks notice of Sky moving games for TV purposes. And a lot more money than BBC Scotland is paying.

(04-10-2019, 09:26 PM)tattiedave Wrote: I believe the football money from the new BBC Scotland channel goes into the SPFL TV money pot,and 83% of it goes to the Premiership teams,so we don't make much out of it and lose a chunk of attendance and hospitality income.

Wow, this is not good....

(04-10-2019, 03:19 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Fixture with QOTS now moved to Friday 26th April. 19:05 kick off, and on TV.

Tickets on sale from Monday. As this will likely be the game where we lift the title, I would hope people can actually get to it.

Hopefully this will be a meaningless tie for us after we wrap up the title on Sat v Partick!

However, you have to feel for the Queens fans. Its the longest trip in the division, a really important match for them.
Fans would have had their travel arrangements sorted weeks ago and to be given 2 weeks notice because of TV companies..............disgraceful, and part of what is wrong with football in the modern era.
The Saturday punter, who actually goes to the games, means nothing to the powers that be. Why is this? Money and over inflated wages.

Bosman, take a bow!!

(04-11-2019, 06:49 AM)Five Minutes from the Ground Wrote: In England you get 6 weeks notice of Sky moving games for TV purposes. And a lot more money than BBC Scotland is paying.

I would imagine that the clubs themselves would have been aware of the fact that one of the matches was going to be moved to the Friday night dependent on who won the league.

Yeah its definitely annoying that its moved byt we get to lift the title live on TV. Think of the potential for getting some new fand through the gates next year after seeing that. And I mean in terms of younger kids watching the fame with dad and maybe asking for a county top etc.

I feel for Queens fans but hey nothing we can do about it

(04-10-2019, 10:15 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Well hopefully next season they'll mess with Caley's fixtures and give us lots of money for it!

as much as I dislike the tinks no one can deny they are a fairly good side and if I am honest would like to see them come back up with us to the top flight even if its just stop the TV punters mouthing off saying DDU should be in the top flight no one has a god given right to be there it has to be earned also 2 less trips down the road (Tin hat on and going for cover )

(04-11-2019, 06:49 AM)Five Minutes from the Ground Wrote: In England you get 6 weeks notice of Sky moving games for TV purposes. And a lot more money than BBC Scotland is paying.

It also looks like from next season, that train tickets bought beforehand will be valid for the day of the game if moved.

Just having a quick look into it, County will get around £10k for the game.

(04-11-2019, 10:47 AM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: It also looks like from next season, that train tickets bought beforehand will be valid for the day of the game if moved.

That's actually very interesting, where's that info from? Would be a good move imo

(04-11-2019, 12:24 PM)NVACA Wrote: That's actually very interesting, where's that info from? Would be a good move imo

I'd heard about this being considered:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45021793

But nothing regarding football in Scotland.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(04-11-2019, 10:23 AM)county AML Wrote: as much as I dislike the tinks no one can deny they are a fairly good side and if I am honest would like to see them come back up with us to the top flight even if its just stop the TV punters mouthing off saying DDU should be in the top flight no one has a god given right to be there it has to be earned also 2 less trips down the road (Tin hat on and going for cover )

I'm with you on this! Far rather see the Stags and Jags battling it out in the Premier.

(04-11-2019, 09:40 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Hopefully this will be a meaningless tie for us after we wrap up the title on Sat v Partick!

However, you have to feel for the Queens fans. Its the longest trip in the division, a really important match for them.
Fans would have had their travel arrangements sorted weeks ago and to be given 2 weeks notice because of TV companies..............disgraceful, and part of what is wrong with football in the modern era.
The Saturday punter, who actually goes to the games, means nothing to the powers that be. Why is this? Money and over inflated wages.

Bosman, take a bow!!
https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/spo...th-queens/
Ross County co-manager Steven Ferguson has criticised the SPFL’s decision to switch the Staggies’ final home Championship match of the season to a Friday night.

After watching tonight's DU game v Ayr, I sincerely hope that 'Yinted (Dundee) do not get promoted via. the play offs.

Imagine them infecting the top league with their monotonous brand of hoofball. No thanks.........

(04-12-2019, 11:45 PM)Fyrish-stag Wrote: After watching tonight's DU game v Ayr, I sincerely hope that 'Yinted (Dundee) do not get promoted via. the play offs.

Imagine them infecting the top league with their monotonous brand of hoofball. No thanks.........

Noted.
Last week against County, 1-0 up, serious time wasting tactics.
Last night 1-0 down, running about crazy .
2-1 up, back to the serious time wasting tactics, falling about like skittles.
Some might say it's part of the game, but they must be the worst I have seen for a long time.
Agree: Quote.
Imagine them infecting the top league with their monotonous brand of hoofball. No thanks.
Robbie Squealson: NO THANKS.

(04-11-2019, 09:31 AM)wemyss77 Wrote: Wow, this is not good....

Found info here,lucky if we get £10000 for the two games!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foot...p-13344381

(04-14-2019, 05:47 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Found info here,lucky if we get £10000 for the two games!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foot...p-13344381

From comments I the press about the abject failure of men in Scottish football vs the success of women I think it's time up for the current heirarchy. I expect the usual rampant apathy as turkeys don't vote for Xmas.

So we need to pick up more points on Friday than Dundee United pick up on Saturday if we want to win the league this weekend. Otherwise 4 points from the last 9 seals the deal regardless.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(04-15-2019, 03:16 PM)Spain Wrote: So we need to pick up more points on Friday than Dundee United pick up on Saturday if we want to win the league this weekend. Otherwise 4 points from the last 9 seals the deal regardless.

With our goal difference, 3 will do!

Damn you Caley, that's the goal difference down to 18 now, should we be worried lol.