Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
The run in...
Not quite. We'd also need Ayr to drop 3 or more points against QotS or ICT first. They can still make 68 points. We'd only be on 66 at that point.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

My sources have spotted United staying over in Kingsmills Inverness tonite.

With a 1905 KO they be well relaxed.

Maybe the hotel manager can organise a 0300 fire alarm!

Or Kenny doing some drumming practice.

(04-02-2019, 08:03 AM)MOGO Wrote: Quote!
This 4 games in 10 days is a nonsense, not just for County, for any club. (This is covering all clubs not just County)
In that I am referring to the cost of tickets for the average football fan, they simply can't afford it.
We have folk on here complaining that they booked hotels in Glasgow for a Saturday game, only to find the game switched.
Apart from the OF, as there are so many of them therefore it would have little or no affect, for the rest of the clubs in particular the smaller ones, it slowly drains away valuable supporters
We keep having these daft breaks for International friendlies, changing games to suit TV, badly rearranged fixtures etc. (This part made no reference to Ross County)
Tonight's match against Caley is an example of badly rearranged, its only an opinion!
But, do we really need a 1905 kick off time? yes we get some revenue from TV.
But any supporter wishing to get along, perhaps those working until 5, 6, 7, PM simply will not make it.
I would imagine the crowd tonight to be the lowest for a Highland Derby in years.
Caley have had to cancel their hospitality tonight, due to lack of interest, not the best advert for sponsors.
Without supporters there will be no football clubs.

Again, though, you've offered nothing by way of a solution to any of these issues. Genuinely intrigued as to what you think we, or indeed any team, can do about having to play 4 games in 10 days
International friendlies during the season are all but done with these days (Scotland only had 2 last year due to being in a 3 team Nations League group, and we actually played that weekend anyway)
Pricing is a whole kettle of fish on its own. We're fortunate in that our season tickets are extremely well priced. A number of clubs have tried one-off games where they cut the walk-up price and evidently haven't found it provides enough of an increase in the gate to be viable
"We have folk on here complaining that they booked hotels in Glasgow for a Saturday game, only to find the game switched" - haven't seen any evidence of that myself- the only game of ours I can think of that's been switched for TV that's anywhere near Glasgow would be Ayr away on Good Friday (a public holiday for many of us), which was announced on 5th March, above the minimum of 6 weeks that the TV companies are obligated to give before moving a game
1905 isn't an ideal kickoff time, granted. It wouldn't surprise me if that gets looked at for next season (although it complicates things for BBC Scotland with their flagship current affairs show The Nine starting at, well, 9). The extra TV coverage is very much appreciated, though, for those of us outside the Highlands
ICT cancelling hospitality due to lack of numbers is their problem and their problem alone. Rescheduling the game for this week, which ultimately probably contributed, was unfortunately the only option
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(04-04-2019, 10:46 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: Genuinely intrigued as to what you think we, or indeed any team, can do about having to play 4 games in 10 days

Modern footballers don't know what playing too many games is. It used to be the case in England that you played a team on Christmas Day, and then the reverse fixture was played on Boxing Day. Indeed in 1888 Everton played two matches on Christmas Day, and a third on Boxing Day.

In the lead up to Celtic playing Leeds in the European Cup semi-final in 1970, Leeds played 8 games in 15 days, including 5 games in the week of the match:

Saturday 21 March - First Division - Wolves away
Monday 23 March - FA Cup semi final replay - Manchester United at Villa Park
Thursday 26 March - FA Cup semi final second replay - Manchester United at Burnden Park
Saturday 28 March - First Division - Southampton home
Monday 30 March - First Division - Derby County away
Wednesday 1 April - European Cup semi final first leg - Celtic home
Thursday 2 April - First Division - West Ham away
Saturday 4 April - First Division - Burnley home

Those were the days when you had cup replays. From memory, Scottish clubs did not have it quite as bad, although Scotland international players had tournaments to go to in the summer (and not the Rous Cup).

(04-04-2019, 10:46 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: Again, though, you've offered nothing by way of a solution to any of these issues. Genuinely intrigued as to what you think we, or indeed any team, can do about having to play 4 games in 10 days
International friendlies during the season are all but done with these days (Scotland only had 2 last year due to being in a 3 team Nations League group, and we actually played that weekend anyway)
Pricing is a whole kettle of fish on its own. We're fortunate in that our season tickets are extremely well priced. A number of clubs have tried one-off games where they cut the walk-up price and evidently haven't found it provides enough of an increase in the gate to be viable
"We have folk on here complaining that they booked hotels in Glasgow for a Saturday game, only to find the game switched" - haven't seen any evidence of that myself- the only game of ours I can think of that's been switched for TV that's anywhere near Glasgow would be Ayr away on Good Friday (a public holiday for many of us), which was announced on 5th March, above the minimum of 6 weeks that the TV companies are obligated to give before moving a game
1905 isn't an ideal kickoff time, granted. It wouldn't surprise me if that gets looked at for next season (although it complicates things for BBC Scotland with their flagship current affairs show The Nine starting at, well, 9). The extra TV coverage is very much appreciated, though, for those of us outside the Highlands
ICT cancelling hospitality due to lack of numbers is their problem and their problem alone. Rescheduling the game for this week, which ultimately probably contributed, was unfortunately the only option

And your point is?

(04-04-2019, 08:26 PM)Deas_pie_staggie Wrote: My sources have spotted United staying over in Kingsmills Inverness tonite.

And trained at Grant St today.

(04-05-2019, 05:13 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: And trained at Grant St today.

Were they practising falling over, feigning injury and other time wasting tactics?

(04-05-2019, 10:34 PM)It's Only A Game Wrote: Were they practising falling over, feigning injury and other time wasting tactics?

You think they need practice at that??.......you can't have watched the last 2 games against them!

(04-05-2019, 10:40 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: You think they need practice at that??.......you can't have watched the last 2 games against them!

Yes I was at our other home game against them, when they were even worse.

I should have said "honing" their skills :-)

(04-06-2019, 08:41 AM)It's Only A Game Wrote: Yes I was at our other home game against them, when they were even worse.

I should have said "honing" their skills :-)
nope they did that at Eden court in the afternoon spoke to the stage manager a
Mr Maclean who said they would be ready for tonights performance and with his help would win the day well you cant say he didnt try his best but thankfully got that wrong

So 8 points out of 15 wins us the league. 9 of those will be competed for at home. The chicken counting season has officially started despite the number of broken eggs in our squad.

So as it stands:
• We're on 61 points with 5 left to play
• United are on 56 with 4 left to play, so a maximum of 68 points
• Ayr are on 47 with 7 left to play, so a maximum of 68 points too

The key upcoming fixtures are:
• Saturday 6th: Ayr v ICT
• Tuesday 9th: Ayr v QotS
• Tuesday 9th: County v Dunfermline
• Friday 12th: Dundee Utd v Ayr
• Saturday 13th: County v Partick

If Ayr and United drop any points at all during those games and we beat Dunfermline, we can win the league at home to Partick. We can’t win it any earlier than that. (Until last night there was a way we could win it on Friday the 12th without kicking a ball again).

Otherwise as Wicky says, it's 8 points to wrap it up.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(04-05-2019, 08:22 AM)MOGO Wrote: And your point is?

My point, as it were, is that I'm just offering some explanation and background to the various points raised, whereas your contributions resemble that of an ill-informed malcontent
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

That's half of the job done if Ayr beat United on Friday.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Fixture with QOTS now moved to Friday 26th April. 19:05 kick off, and on TV.

Tickets on sale from Monday. As this will likely be the game where we lift the title, I would hope people can actually get to it.

I'll make it, luckily I can hop on the 5:45 bus from Inverness if I run from my flat on Friday evening.

Two weeks notice, what joy. Sure the QOTS fans must be delighted at having to leave Dumfries for this on Friday morning/afternoon.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(04-09-2019, 06:01 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: My point, as it were, is that I'm just offering some explanation and background to the various points raised, whereas your contributions resemble that of an ill-informed malcontent

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47845107

Kilmarnock: Steve Clarke critical of Premiership fixture schedule.
Kilmarnock manager Steve Clarke has criticised "amateur" scheduling as the Premiership splits in two.

It is not OK to just simply change the QoS game to Friday just to satisfy the TV.

Luckily I don't have a season ticket but if I did I'd be blazing. I sit near a couple with season tickets from Skye who, understandably, never come to evening games. Some people come over from the West on Saturdays so the men can go to the football while the women go shopping. Some people finish work late and can''t make evening games. Some people have actually made plans around the Saturday Queens game. Etc etc

I appreciate Staggies fans down south can see it on Tele and we must make money from the BBC, but what about fans who go to our home games and like to see games live.

There is a meltdown on the Facebook page, many folk not happy and I see their point.

Any idea how much County will actually get from this game being on the box? Do the club have any say, i.e. can they refuse to change the fixture??

Hoping to make the Queens game, pity it is not on a Saturday afternoon with open top bus etc.