Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
The run in...
There's always more fun/entertainment when you're winning, rather than on the end of another multiple goal scudding by either Celtic/Sevco.

We need a serious overhaul if we go up, there's a lot of players either getting a bit long in the tooth (Cowie/Fonts) or probably aren't good enough (McManus/Boyle) for the top flight.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(03-29-2019, 10:59 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: I think this season has been a breath of fresh air, especially the away games. I've little enthusiasm for going back into the Premiership tbh.

This season has been great and part of that is all the different grounds to visit for a change. Playing the same 9 or 11 teams for more than 2 seasons will get repetitive though. Really hope the SFA expand the league size

(03-30-2019, 02:55 AM)Ullapool Staggie Wrote: This season has been great and part of that is all the different grounds to visit for a change. Playing the same 9 or 11 teams for more than 2 seasons will get repetitive though. Really hope the SFA expand the league size

So much agree with you. For me it has been great revisiting grounds I remember from my youth. I must say that the facilities and the atmosphere at our ground beats them all. Even had a couple of pints with a supporter from Leicester who flys up from Luton to watch at least 6 home games a year. This year we deserve to go up but the next three games are so important. I was at Dundee but my next game will be the Friday game at home so I do love the reports on the site please keep them coming

Can't believe some of the comments on here saying they'd rather we stayed in the " 2nd division" . So you'd prefer we didn't play against Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts etc and rather teams like Alloa , Ayr, QoS etc

Can't be many teams anywhere in any league in the world whose fans prefer their teams NOT to win promotion.
Roy must despair when he hears comments like that.

United can now only finish on 70 points.
We can finish on 75.

Those results show that whoever of us goes up we are nowhere near ready for the top flight.

(03-30-2019, 05:28 PM)It's Only A Game Wrote: Can't believe some of the comments on here saying they'd rather we stayed in the " 2nd division" . So you'd prefer we didn't play against Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts etc and rather teams like Alloa , Ayr, QoS etc

Can't be many teams anywhere in any league in the world whose fans prefer their teams NOT to win promotion.

I don’t think anyone’s saying that mate. Think most just mean it’s a bit of fresh air visiting different places and stadiums we haven’t been to in 5 years. Going away to Motherwell 3x a year for 2-3 consecutive seasons does get repetitive

(03-30-2019, 05:28 PM)It's Only A Game Wrote: Can't believe some of the comments on here saying they'd rather we stayed in the " 2nd division" . So you'd prefer we didn't play against Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts etc and rather teams like Alloa , Ayr, QoS etc

So much agree with you Recreation Park rather than Tynecastle?

I would happily never see us play Rangers and Celtic again. They are literally the worst league fixtures in Scottish football.

Given our goal difference a draw yesterday would have been a good result. A 3 point cushion on Dundee Utd with a massively beneficial goal difference is a lot more comfortable than 2 point cushion.

Anyway, a huge week coming up.

Our home record this year speaks for itself Played 14 Won 11, Drew 2, Lost 1 We have four home games Dun Utd, Dunfermline, Partick and Q O S if we can win them and get a draw down at Ayr we will win the league The other two games Falkirk and Caley I think we can take points there as well SO COME ON ALL YOU STAGGIES MAKE YOURSELF HEARD AND GET BEHIND OUR TEAM

Two league defeats on the bounce,both away from home, here's hoping we stop the rot tomorrow and push on for the remainder of the season. A draw tomorrow is not a disaster as long as we win on Friday

(03-31-2019, 11:25 PM)County Lad Wrote: Our home record this year speaks for itself Played 14 Won 11, Drew 2, Lost 1 We have four home games Dun Utd, Dunfermline, Partick and Q O S if we can win them and get a draw down at Ayr we will win the league The other two games Falkirk and Caley I think we can take points there as well SO COME ON ALL YOU STAGGIES MAKE YOURSELF HEARD AND GET BEHIND OUR TEAM

Just a reminder that although I appreciate your optimism we're yet to beat Queens this season. 0-0. 1-1 and a 4-0 horsing down in Dumfries.

(03-28-2019, 12:47 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: Complete nonsense. It's common practice to get postponed games played during the soonest available midweek, especially at this time of the season when there are limited slots available. We already had a game the previous midweek, ICT played on Tuesday night, ergo this upcoming Tuesday was the 1st available date. Simple

How do you resolve that, though? Games get called off during the winter months, teams go further than expected in doemstic and continental cup competitions- there's no way of stopping these things happening, ergo you're going to end up asking teams to play twice a week at times
Not every County fan lives in Dingwall, so the level of TV exposure we're getting is great for many. It also makes the club a far easier sell to prospective players and sponsors (added bonus- we've generally been a pretty decent watch for the casual viewer this season)
Can you point to a single example of us having a game rearranged for an international friendly? And what exactly do you mean by "badly rearranged fixtures"? Citation needed

Quote!
This 4 games in 10 days is a nonsense, not just for County, for any club. (This is covering all clubs not just County)
In that I am referring to the cost of tickets for the average football fan, they simply can't afford it.
We have folk on here complaining that they booked hotels in Glasgow for a Saturday game, only to find the game switched.
Apart from the OF, as there are so many of them therefore it would have little or no affect, for the rest of the clubs in particular the smaller ones, it slowly drains away valuable supporters
We keep having these daft breaks for International friendlies, changing games to suit TV, badly rearranged fixtures etc. (This part made no reference to Ross County)
Tonight's match against Caley is an example of badly rearranged, its only an opinion!
But, do we really need a 1905 kick off time? yes we get some revenue from TV.
But any supporter wishing to get along, perhaps those working until 5, 6, 7, PM simply will not make it.
I would imagine the crowd tonight to be the lowest for a Highland Derby in years.
Caley have had to cancel their hospitality tonight, due to lack of interest, not the best advert for sponsors.
Without supporters there will be no football clubs.

A point will absolutely do me tonight. Please.

We can now finish on 75, Dundee Utd on 68.

Three wins and the league is done.

(04-02-2019, 09:23 PM)Despot Wrote: We can now finish on 75, Dundee Utd on 68.

Three wins and the league is done.

Your maths is definitely off.

Dundee Utd are on 55 points, with 5 games left. They can finish on 70 points.

We're on 60, with 6 games left (max possible of 78). 11 points out of the last 18 guarantees us the league.

If we draw on Friday that becomes 68 max for Utd (76 for us) and sitting on 61 points would mean we'd need 8 points (out of 15) to guarantee the league.

If we win on Friday it's 67 max for Utd while we'd be on 63, so we'd need only 5 more points (out of 15) to guarantee the league.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(04-02-2019, 09:53 PM)Spain Wrote: Your maths is definitely off.

We're on 60, with 6 games left (max possible of 78). 11 points out of the last 18 guarantees us the league.

If we draw on Friday that becomes 68 max for Utd (76 for us) and sitting on 61 points would mean we'd need 8 points (out of 15) to guarantee the league.

If we win on Friday it's 66 max for Utd while we'd be on 63, so we'd need only 4 more points (out of 15) to guarantee the league.

Realised I used an incorrect version of the BBC league table for my working out.

Cheers for pointing that out

(04-02-2019, 09:53 PM)Spain Wrote: Your maths is definitely off.

If we win on Friday it's 66 max for Utd while we'd be on 63, so we'd need only 4 more points (out of 15) to guarantee the league.

If we win on Friday it would be 67 max for Utd!

Good point well made.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(04-03-2019, 11:45 AM)MayHam Wrote: If we win on Friday it would be 67 max for Utd!

If we beat DDU on Friday and Dunfermline on Tuesday then DDU must beat AYR on Friday OR WE WIN THE LEAGUE without kicking another ball ???????