Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
The run in...
Now that we are getting to the business end of the season I thought we could do with a thread for our fixtures, opposition fixtures, permutations etc.

I think we can all agree it is a two horse race now for the title. It seems Dundee Utd got another 1-0 win last night, and on the face of it they have an easier run in. All eyes to this Saturday where we play Alloa away and Dundee Utd play QoS home.

If it goes [censored] up, then there is a very good chance of facing Dundee in a play off... Think on.

(03-27-2019, 03:30 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Now that we are getting to the business end of the season I thought we could do with a thread for our fixtures, opposition fixtures, permutations etc.

I think we can all agree it is a two horse race now for the title. It seems Dundee Utd got another 1-0 win last night, and on the face of it they have an easier run in. All eyes to this Saturday where we play Alloa away and Dundee Utd play QoS home.

If it goes [censored] up, then there is a very good chance of facing Dundee in a play off... Think on.

Wouldn't want to play Inverness in the playoffs. They're consistently - for whatever reason - more up for the 'derby' games than County are.

Draws are what will kill either County or DU
Avoid, Avoid, Avoid!

One thing I'm sure we'll all agree on is vs Dundee Utd is absolutely must win, not good that it comes 3 days after playing Caley, think the sfa have deliberately done Utd a favour there.

I still think we'll win the league.

Alloa (A)
Caley (A)
Dundee U (H)
Dunfermline (H)
Partick (H)
Ayr (A)
Queens (H)
Falkirk (A)

Caley and United are huge, huge games. Ayr away could be another tricky one, even if they appear to be dropping like a stone.

Dundee United can finish on 73 points. 71 if we draw with them, 70 if we beat them. Five wins should get us there.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Beating Alloa is a must this weekend, confidence dip and pressure if we don’t take all 3 points. Dunfermline look really good now and I expect they’ll overtake Ayr for a playoff spot. Inverness, Dundee, Dunfermline on the spin will not be easy

(03-28-2019, 02:23 AM)Ullapool Staggie Wrote: Beating Alloa is a must this weekend, confidence dip and pressure if we don’t take all 3 points. Dunfermline look really good now and I expect they’ll overtake Ayr for a playoff spot. Inverness, Dundee, Dunfermline on the spin will not be easy

I would honestly take 2 points from the back to back games against Inverness and United because I think you're right and that series of games will be tough for us.

(03-27-2019, 05:00 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: One thing I'm sure we'll all agree on is vs Dundee Utd is absolutely must win, not good that it comes 3 days after playing Caley, think the sfa have deliberately done Utd a favour there.

This 4 games in 10 days is a nonsense, not just for County, for any club.
We keep having these daft breaks for International friendlies, changing games to suit TV, badly rearranged fixtures etc.
And we all wonder why apart from the OF Derby, we can't attract more folk to the game.
Anybody that thinks there are 60,000 turning up at Parkhead for a run of the mill league game is deluding themselves.
Quite often hear the bias from TV/radio about Easter Road, it will be packed to the rafters, on viewing the pictures , be lucky if it is two thirds full.
A lot of answers are staring us in the face, and have been for years.

It’s ours to lose , please don’t lose it county!

No easy games in this league Top 6 looking to be in the playoffs and the others fighting relegation. The tight plastic pitch at Alloa and a well managed unit make this a real challenge and having watched QOTS this year they are more than capable of turning over the United side I watched against us. That is if the manager gets his tactics right. We are in a great position and I am sure we will keep our nerve and see out the remaining games. Important the fans play their part as I am sure they will I do think the timetable of games do us no favours but our lads are fit and motivated to cope with it

(03-27-2019, 05:00 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: think the sfa have deliberately done Utd a favour there.

Complete nonsense. It's common practice to get postponed games played during the soonest available midweek, especially at this time of the season when there are limited slots available. We already had a game the previous midweek, ICT played on Tuesday night, ergo this upcoming Tuesday was the 1st available date. Simple

(03-28-2019, 08:41 AM)MOGO Wrote: This 4 games in 10 days is a nonsense, not just for County, for any club.
We keep having these daft breaks for International friendlies, changing games to suit TV, badly rearranged fixtures etc.

How do you resolve that, though? Games get called off during the winter months, teams go further than expected in doemstic and continental cup competitions- there's no way of stopping these things happening, ergo you're going to end up asking teams to play twice a week at times
Not every County fan lives in Dingwall, so the level of TV exposure we're getting is great for many. It also makes the club a far easier sell to prospective players and sponsors (added bonus- we've generally been a pretty decent watch for the casual viewer this season)
Can you point to a single example of us having a game rearranged for an international friendly? And what exactly do you mean by "badly rearranged fixtures"? Citation needed
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(03-27-2019, 11:26 PM)Despot Wrote: I still think we'll win the league.

Dundee United can finish on 73 points. 71 if we draw with them, 70 if we beat them. Five wins should get us there.

That’s the sort of permutations I hoped for in this thread.

Lovely stuff.

Great to win the league and all that means financially for the club and town but....

I've enjoyed this season more than I have in many years, competing for the title, some very entertaining games, emerging young players getting a chance, leaving the ground happy and actually winning regularly.

I want us to win the league obviously but actually to go back to what we endured in the past few seasons I'm not so sure, anyone else feel the same?

(03-29-2019, 03:06 AM)Country Roads Wrote: Great to win the league and all that means financially for the club and town but....

I've enjoyed this season more than I have in many years, competing for the title, some very entertaining games, emerging young players getting a chance, leaving the ground happy and actually winning regularly.

I want us to win the league obviously but actually to go back to what we endured in the past few seasons I'm not so sure, anyone else feel the same?

Completely agree. It's great to be feeling nervous about the end of the season at the right end of the table for a change. But for the sake of the club we need to get back up. In most seasons in the top tier we had some great results and they are better to celebrate.

(03-29-2019, 09:20 AM)Skipper's Covie Wrote: Completely agree. It's great to be feeling nervous about the end of the season at the right end of the table for a change. But for the sake of the club we need to get back up. In most seasons in the top tier we had some great results and they are better to celebrate.

Agreed.

In most seasons in the top tier we had some great results and they are better to celebrate.

Then came Owen Coyle.
Hindsight is a great thing.

(03-29-2019, 09:20 AM)Skipper's Covie Wrote: Completely agree. It's great to be feeling nervous about the end of the season at the right end of the table for a change. But for the sake of the club we need to get back up. In most seasons in the top tier we had some great results and they are better to celebrate.

So agree with all these comments. Great exciting end to this season but better to experience the same but in a higher league with games against bigger clubs

I think this season has been a breath of fresh air, especially the away games. I've little enthusiasm for going back into the Premiership tbh.

(03-29-2019, 10:59 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: I think this season has been a breath of fresh air, especially the away games. I've little enthusiasm for going back into the Premiership tbh.

What's the point then? Could do it proper and drop down to the Highland League.

Hope the squeaky bum time is not being compensated by the 'better to stay down' defeatist attitude!

I thought our SPL days were great, bar last season.

Some big games and hopefully we do the business at the weekend and QOS record win, they need to get a win sometime their form has gone mad since they humped us.

Brick 
(03-29-2019, 01:40 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: What's the point then? ...

It's been very enjoyable winning a lot, but assuming we get promoted we'll need to adjust to a new mindset: Battling underdogs.

Hamilton have made a whole trap-door-dodging identity out of it, proving everyone wrong time after time.

Even though the quality required is a step up, we'll probably have to play smart and arguably a less adventurous style to grind out enough points. Hopefully there is still some scope for style and panache.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets