Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Fan Behaviour
I have just read the Club statement on the damage that was caused to seats at the dump yesterday and I am ,like the vast majority of fans I am sure, disappointed that a small number of idiots have brought our name into disrepute.

This, along with the throwing of flares onto the pitch, does nothing other than make the Club look bad and tars all fans with the same brush.

If anyone knows who did the damage then they should help identify those responsible so they can be banned.

(03-24-2019, 04:23 PM)Drakies Staggie Wrote: I have just read the Club statement on the damage that was caused to seats at the dump yesterday and I am ,like the vast majority of fans I am sure, disappointed that a small number of idiots have brought our name into disrepute.

This, along with the throwing of flares onto the pitch, does nothing other than make the Club look bad and tars all fans with the same brush.

If anyone knows who did the damage then they should help identify those responsible so they can be banned.

I saw on Twitter a couple of tweets about how our fans were supposedly singing about Celtic or something yesterday? Along with breaking seats.

Obviously singing about Celtic is a bit odd as they weren't there yesterday (though tbh I didn't hear any Celtic songs that I recognised) but this seat breaking thing seems to be all too common on both sides of the derby this year.

I didn't hear anything in the South stand about Celtic, so I can't comment on that- poor show from our fans.

Hope they identify the seat breakers and send them the repair bill.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(03-24-2019, 04:23 PM)Drakies Staggie Wrote: If anyone knows who did the damage then they should help identify those responsible so they can be banned.

Alternatively don't grass on your own and let the police deal with it.

(03-24-2019, 09:47 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Alternatively don't grass on your own and let the police deal with it.

And then what? Let it continue and the club suffers financially and eventually the real fans will also suffer when other teams restrict the number of tickets avaliable or don't give any at all, also, it's becoming a growing trend now and it's only a matter of time before the sfa intervene and they make an example of one of the smaller clubs outwith the untouchable old firm and deduct points, this crap needs nipped in the bud and we all need to look out for those responsible and point them out to stewards/police.

(03-24-2019, 05:32 PM)Despot Wrote: I didn't hear anything in the South stand about Celtic, so I can't comment on that- poor show from our fans.

Hope they identify the seat breakers and send them the repair bill.

From what I have been told ,the seat breaking was not malicious vandalism, but over exuberance of a number of young fans who wanted to be all together in the "singing section" and ended up sharing seats causing the damage.
Years ago at Tynecastle ,a guy beside me got pushed when we scored ,and his momentum broke the seat back in front of him.An accident.
Don't look for negatives on such a positive day.

(03-24-2019, 05:05 PM)NVACA Wrote: I saw on Twitter a couple of tweets about how our fans were supposedly singing about Celtic or something yesterday? Along with breaking seats.

Obviously singing about Celtic is a bit odd as they weren't there yesterday (though tbh I didn't hear any Celtic songs that I recognised) but this seat breaking thing seems to be all too common on both sides of the derby this year.

So why bring up the" Celtic singing" when you didn't hear it?

(03-25-2019, 12:13 AM)tattiedave Wrote: So why bring up the" Celtic singing" when you didn't hear it?

Dunno if you bothered reading the other bits of my comment but I mentioned seeing it on twitter so here's the source: https://twitter.com/Jailender/status/110...6988632064

I know Jailender is active on this forum so didn't bother linking it earlier, but here you are.

(03-24-2019, 09:47 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Alternatively don't grass on your own and let the police deal with it.

It's about time that those who display this "youthful exuberance" realise that being stupid has consequences. Flares have been thrown at every derby and now damage has been caused to another ground which RCFC will have to pay for. Idiots like this cause increases in ticket prices and bring shame on the club, they will not be missed if they are banned.

As for your suggestion above, I won't dignify it with a response.

Wee boys mimicking big daft boys from other clubs. Back to school today for the Ultras.

(03-25-2019, 12:13 AM)tattiedave Wrote: From what I have been told ,the seat breaking was not malicious vandalism, but over exuberance of a number of young fans who wanted to be all together in the "singing section" and ended up sharing seats causing the damage.

We were right next to them. There is more to it than this.

(03-25-2019, 09:16 AM)Forfinn Wrote: We were right next to them. There is more to it than this.

Well hopefully you identify those responsible, should you know them, to the club and the club hammer them not only with the invoice for the seats they broke but also with bans as behaviour like that is unacceptable

As others said before behaviour like that will tarnish the reputation of the club and will have an impact on the true fans.

You can easily support your team without causing criminal damage

There were some of the idiots behind me, as Forfinn has said it wasn't "youthful exuberance", they deliberately broke the back of the chair part of which hitting me and the guy beside me.

The stewards were at the top of the Stand two rows up from this happening so i don't really understand how they never seen this happening.

(03-25-2019, 03:03 PM)Deldad7 Wrote: There were some of the idiots behind me, as Forfinn has said it wasn't "youthful exuberance", they deliberately broke the back of the chair part of which hitting me and the guy beside me.

The stewards were at the top of the Stand two rows up from this happening so i don't really understand how they never seen this happening.

Stewards were too busy telling a guy next to me to take his feet off the (empty) chair in front of him while he was tying his shoelace!

Ah yes, the old crystal ball approach, quality.

I bet you're the kind of guy that empties the contents of his ashtray and fast food boxes straight onto the ground in the car park in front of the council sweeper dude "coz they get paid to clean it up don't they and I pay my taxes".
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!