Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ICT v County new date 2/4/19
(Get Armstrong off, he’ll cost us a goal yet. by Pete the Jakey)
Young guys first start he tried really hard he does not need that kind comments he needs encouragement
Yes you are entitled to your opinion but far to many comments on the county forum are negative you would think we were at the bottom and not at the top of league (that's my moan out of way) BRING ON DUNDEE UNITED

(04-03-2019, 10:08 AM)County Lad Wrote: (Get Armstrong off, he’ll cost us a goal yet. by Pete the Jakey)
Young guys first start he tried really hard he does not need that kind comments he needs encouragement
Yes you are entitled to your opinion but far to many comments on the county forum are negative you would think we were at the bottom and not at the top of league (that's my moan out of way) BRING ON DUNDEE UNITED

Happy clapper

(Get Armstrong off, he’ll cost us a goal yet. by Pete the Jakey)

Agree. He was a liabilty with his very weak tackles and poor distribution. Got away with it but it could have cost us points and worse. I do hope he improves but age sentiment has nothing to do with it.

(04-03-2019, 07:59 AM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Shame not more folk made it really, our biggest game of the season and a poor turnout. Hopefully Friday will be better.

One of Drapers best games for me, did what he used to do to us. Absolutely bullied their midfield.

I love seeing Draper play like that. He's essential to County winning games. Let's never have him in central defence ever again please, Kettleson.

Brilliant result and apart from the last 15 minutes very enjoyable. Too nerve wracking for me. I was praying for a 2 goal cushion.

I like how everyone has different opinions on who played well. IMHO McManus is obviously a nice guy, would run under a bus if you told him, but apart from running around like a headless chicken and annoying the opposition I can't see what else he offers. He's not a striker - I think he's scored just 3 or 4 goals. He's not a midfield player - he's not a good tackler or capable of making a defence splitting pass. He's not a winger - true he can stumble along the line but isn't a great crosser of the ball. Unlike a comment somewhere above I don't believe he reads the game at all.

Anyway, don't want to be negative after a successful night like last night. Although there weren't as many as usual in the away end at the Dump,there was plenty of noise and I'm sure it helped the team.

Win on Friday and we're almost there.

Forgot to say I thought Marcus had an excellent game. Handled their danger man Doran brilliantly.

(04-03-2019, 01:32 PM)It's Only A Game Wrote: Brilliant result and apart from the last 15 minutes very enjoyable. Too nerve wracking for me. I was praying for a 2 goal cushion.

I like how everyone has different opinions on who played well. IMHO McManus is obviously a nice guy, would run under a bus if you told him, but apart from running around like a headless chicken and annoying the opposition I can't see what else he offers. He's not a striker - I think he's scored just 3 or 4 goals. He's not a midfield player - he's not a good tackler or capable of making a defence splitting pass. He's not a winger - true he can stumble along the line but isn't a great crosser of the ball. Unlike a comment somewhere above I don't believe he reads the game at all.

Anyway, don't want to be negative after a successful night like last night. Although there weren't as many as usual in the away end at the Dump,there was plenty of noise and I'm sure it helped the team.

Forgot to say I thought Marcus had an excellent game. Handled their danger man Doran brilliantly.

Yip, Marcus Fraser was excellent.

Midge was hobbling along in the away stand and indicated he is unlikely to be ready for Friday and I would guess at least a week or 2 before he is back.

I've been quite critical of McManus in the past but I think last night he had a decent game. He kept Caley honest by pressing them hard, and they had to watch out because he was constantly making runs. He was denied a goal by McCart on the line, and won the corner for our second.

Also seeing him celebrate at the full time whistle brought some warmth to my freezing cold heart. (Seriously that stadium is always so cold.)

Think Armstrong and McManus stopped Caley playing simple balls into Trafford (until he was sent off) and Polworth. It stopped them having the time and space to pick easy balls with the extra man in the middle by forcing longer, aimless balls directed to White who battled for everything but found Kenny a tough man to beat in a fight.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(04-03-2019, 01:32 PM)It's Only A Game Wrote: Brilliant result and apart from the last 15 minutes very enjoyable. Too nerve wracking for me. I was praying for a 2 goal cushion.

It's always a shame that there's a poor attendance in the away end, but , it has to be the worst stadium to visit of them all ? Absolute murder to get there, even worse to get away from there, always freezing, toilets a disgrace, pies are rotten too !!

BOOOM. What a result. Well done to all involved. Maybe that defeat by Alloa was the wee kick in the butt we need to get over the line with the league...

Onward to Friday. I am more confident now than I was Yesterday with this run in of fixtures.

(04-03-2019, 06:06 PM)davie Wrote: It's always a shame that there's a poor attendance in the away end, but , it has to be the worst stadium to visit of them all ? Absolute murder to get there, even worse to get away from there, always freezing, toilets a disgrace, pies are rotten too !!

The crowd overall was poor on Tuesday night.
Was there many more in the home end behind the goals? looked quite sparse.
Main stand looked sparse also.
Lots of factors, kick off time, TV, and the dump!
Agreed, pies are rotten, toilets, I hope the Ladies are better than the gents.
Look on the positive side, we won!
Our band of supporters made themselves heard.
More positives, the Ceilidh fans (words of the BBC Radio Scotland presenter yesterday) are in deep mourning, still blaming the ref and Draper.
Personally, I can't get the smile off my face, can't stop laughing at their comments.
COMYS
Caley, (Ceilidh) forever in our shadows!
County, WE are the Highlands.

(04-03-2019, 08:51 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Ketts saying that Draper was withdrawn due to a knee injury

Aye, McCart's :-D

Surprisingly comfortable win, barring a 15 minute spell midway through the 1st half. Honourable mention to Park Ji-McManus. Mullin just needs to learn to be less rash when in shooting positions for when he eventually moves on to a higher level
Only fair to point out that the ref IMO got most of the big calls spot on (let down by the far side lino a couple of times, though), with the possible exception of Draper's early booking (which was arguably closer to a red)
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(04-04-2019, 10:27 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: Aye, McCart's :-D

Surprisingly comfortable win, barring a 15 minute spell midway through the 1st half. Honourable mention to Park Ji-McManus. Mullin just needs to learn to be less rash when in shooting positions for when he eventually moves on to a higher level
Only fair to point out that the ref IMO got most of the big calls spot on (let down by the far side lino a couple of times, though), with the possible exception of Draper's early booking (which was arguably closer to a red)

Funny how you see Drapers tackle as a possible red. He plays the ball 1st and I think it's nonsense that it was a booking. Modern game makes it so I suppose!

(04-04-2019, 11:05 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Funny how you see Drapers tackle as a possible red. He plays the ball 1st and I think it's nonsense that it was a booking. Modern game makes it so I suppose!

Ten years ago it wasn't even a foul, he wins the ball cleanly.

Nowadays it's a yellow from most referees. I don't agree, but that's the way the game has gone.

Agreed it's nowhere near a red.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.