Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
County vs Morton 09/03/2019
Another tricky game against the only league side to have beaten us twice. I expect the 4-3-3-/4-5-1 with Morton going 5-3-2 and trying to nick a goal if they can.

I'll take a narrow 1-0 win to keep the pressure on Dundee United and Ayr.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

March is going to be a make or brake month I think. It is a serious run of fixtures.

One step at a time though and confident of a win against Morton, pay back...

Who do you think will play in place of McKay ???

(03-06-2019, 12:00 PM)County Lad Wrote: Who do you think will play in place of McKay ???

Declan McManus.

(03-06-2019, 12:00 PM)County Lad Wrote: Who do you think will play in place of McKay ???

Ross Draper would be my choice. 451 with Gardyne and Mullin supporting Stewart up top. Lindsay pushing forward to link the attack.

Whilst I think it'll be McManus, I'd like Wallace or Russell Dingwall given some game time in there.

Ross surely first choice, supported by Brian Graham.

It will be interesting alright.

(03-06-2019, 03:06 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Ross surely first choice, supported by Brian Graham.

It will be interesting alright.

McManus provides a better goal threat. Bearing in mind Graham is probably third choice up front behind Mackay and Stewart, then I don't think we can rely solely on him to score. McManus will also run all day and has a decent burst of speed.
Ross Draper in for Jamie Lindsay though.

(03-06-2019, 02:35 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Whilst I think it'll be McManus, I'd like Wallace or Russell Dingwall given some game time in there.

Dingwall is on loan at Stenny and recent opinions on him aren't promising.

Relative to the (strong and energetic) McManus, I think Brian Graham is better in front of goal at the moment. But Ross Stewart is on good form so you'd want to give him some decent minutes too.

Watching the Morton - Falkirk game the other night though I thought Morton looked quite dangerous with some quality in the likes of Kiltie & Tidser. Unlucky not to take all the points.

So a win for us is hardly a certainty.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(03-06-2019, 02:35 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Whilst I think it'll be McManus, I'd like Wallace or Russell Dingwall given some game time in there.

Best to wait until after Russell serves his two match ban!

I would say Ross Stewart is oot with a grade 1 tear of his thigh.
With mckay oot also its up to mcmanus and graham to hold the fort. A run of games will spur them on to hopefully try to keep others out. Until we are certs to win league and therefore go up i think the youngsters on the fringes will stay there. Once certain get them on but cannot afford to do the playoffs. Stakes are too high.

The return of vigurs, cowie and draper in a week or two to full fitness will be good for the run in and maybe allow gardyne and mullin to push forward more and create chances for the big boy graham.

(03-06-2019, 06:07 PM)Deas_pie_staggie Wrote: I would say Ross Stewart is oot with a grade 1 tear of his thigh.
With mckay oot also its up to mcmanus and graham to hold the fort. A run of games will spur them on to hopefully try to keep others out. Until we are certs to win league and therefore go up i think the youngsters on the fringes will stay there. Once certain get them on but cannot afford to do the playoffs. Stakes are too high.

The return of vigurs, cowie and draper in a week or two to full fitness will be good for the run in and maybe allow gardyne and mullin to push forward more and create chances for the big boy graham.

Hearing Stewart will be back by the derby

I'd totally forgotten that Russel went to stenny on loan......whoops!
Still think wee James Wallace could be a player for that position. He's fearless and loves to run at people. Last half hour of the game, he'd be a nightmare for defenders!

If anyone gets the team sheet right Today, they should get the lottery on quick. Going to be interesting. Come on lads 3 pts please!!!

My guess would be
Fox
Fraser Watson Grivosti VDW
Cowie Spence Lindsay
Mullin Graham Gardyne

(03-09-2019, 01:17 PM)frankthetank Wrote: My guess would be
Fox
Fraser Watson Grivosti VDW
Cowie Spence Lindsay
Mullin Graham Gardyne

me too
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Could be right but think it might be more a 451 formation. Would not be surprised if Declan McManus starts.

So it is:

1 Fox
2 Fraser
44 Grivosti
15 Watson
28 van der Weg
14 Mullin
16 Spence
8 Lindsay
7 Gardyne
10 McManus
19 Graham

Substitutes
12 Boyle
18 Semple
21 Munro
24 Paton
26 Cowie
31 Armstrong
43 Wallace

451, or 442 with McManus just behind Graham?

Great day for the County.......C'mon