Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Injuries & suspensions
Seems like Vigurs suffered a set back last night.

What an absolute idiot.

(02-03-2019, 09:20 AM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Seems like Vigurs suffered a set back last night.

What an absolute idiot.

Don't start a story you can't finish. What's the crack?

(02-03-2019, 10:32 AM)the reaper Wrote: Don't start a story you can't finish. What's the crack?

I imagine his cheek bone or jaw.

(02-03-2019, 09:20 AM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Seems like Vigurs suffered a set back last night.

What an absolute idiot.

Lifted outside Johnny Foxes after getting in a fight with several police officers/bouncers. It's not good, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's released. That said, Alex Bone did a lot worse on a regular basis and didn't get sacked.

(02-03-2019, 11:08 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: Lifted outside Johnny Foxes after getting in a fight with several police officers/bouncers. It's not good, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's released. That said, Alex Bone did a lot worse on a regular basis and didn't get sacked.

Going to be very interesting to see how Kettlewell and Ferguson deal with the situation.

Into his thirties now, been out injured for a large part of the season, I would be surprised if he is kept on.

The issue will become clearer as the day progresses. He’s not appearing on the Inverness sheriff court rolls tomorrow. Hopefully it remains that way!!!

(02-03-2019, 11:48 AM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Going to be very interesting to see how Kettlewell and Ferguson deal with the situation.

Into his thirties now, been out injured for a large part of the season, I would be surprised if he is kept on.

Edit: probably best not to comment further.

What an absolute idiot.

Do not judge when you don't know the facts.End off.

(02-03-2019, 01:06 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Do not judge when you don't know the facts.End off.

Well said Tattie.
Do not judge when we don’t know facts.
Look at all the comments in the past regarding Jim McIntyre , player fall out, lost the dressing room, fast forward, he moves to Dundee, begins signing his old County players, so, it couldn’t have been all that bad.

(02-03-2019, 12:10 PM)Deke Slayton Wrote: The issue will become clearer as the day progresses. He’s not appearing on the Inverness sheriff court rolls tomorrow. Hopefully it remains that way!!!
The court rolls normally list those who have been previously cited for that day's business, not those appearing from custody..

Fact of the matter is he has been out with an injury for how many weeks now?

Going out on the lash and getting into certain situations is totally avoidable.

Sounds like the other guy is a complete d*** with anger and alcohol issues and subjected our player to disgusting and personal abuse aimed at his family, most people would probably have reacted in the same way including myself, I certainly wouldn't have accepted abuse like that.
Yes, we shout at and slag off opposing players during a match but it should end there at the final whistle, not make it personal and involve their family in situations away from football.

The bottom line is that he's injured, married and targetted and just should not be going out clubbing it whereby the inevitable was likely to happen. This was clearly avoidable.

(02-04-2019, 12:31 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Sounds like the other guy is a complete d*** with anger and alcohol issues and subjected our player to disgusting and personal abuse aimed at his family, most people would probably have reacted in the same way including myself, I certainly wouldn't have accepted abuse like that.
Yes, we shout at and slag off opposing players during a match but it should end there at the final whistle, not make it personal and involve their family in situations away from football.

Most people definitely would not react to drunken vocal abuse with violence.

The other guy clearly is a [censored], but Vigurs has no excuses whatsoever. He'll be very lucky if the club don't sack him. The fact he wasn't retained in custody is a good sign for him, but I would imagine the club may think this is unacceptable.

At the very least, I think we can expect him to be attending all of the school visits and Tesco appearances over the next few months.

You would have thought the players might try and find another, somewhat more refined, drinking establishment. The Reform club, perhaps.

He's not going to get sacked over handbags outside Johnny Foxes. It happens every week.

(02-04-2019, 01:40 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: He's not going to get sacked over handbags outside Johnny Foxes. It happens every week.

Agreed Strathy, why sack some one for a tiff in a pub?
Don't recall Caley sacking Foran.
Unless you other folk were there and witnessed the Drunken Violence?

Most "handbags" or "tiffs" don't result in numerous bouncers and restraining somebody on the pavement before getting police in for back up.

If he was playing week in week out and putting in good performances, it would be a lot easier to swallow. The fact he hasn't played in months, and is scuppering his rehabilitation by going out and getting pissed is the issue for me.

(02-04-2019, 04:43 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Most "handbags" or "tiffs" don't result in numerous bouncers and restraining somebody on the pavement before getting police in for back up.

If he was playing week in week out and putting in good performances, it would be a lot easier to swallow. The fact he hasn't played in months, and is scuppering his rehabilitation by going out and getting pissed is the issue for me.

So, you were there and witnessed it?

(02-04-2019, 12:59 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: The bottom line is that he's injured, married and targetted and just should not be going out clubbing it whereby the inevitable was likely to happen. This was clearly avoidable.

Being married doesn't, certainly shouldn't, stop you going out.

His wife and kids were away for the night and as a married man myself, that's a good excuse to get out with the lads!

OK, you shouldn't get into bother and I'm sure Iain realises this all to much now.
In his defence, but in no way condoning it........He receives a disproportionate amount of vile abuse concerning his family which steps way over the line. He shouldn't have risen to the bait and laughed it off, but when you've had a few drinks and some a$$hole is decrying your wife and kids.............

As county fans we should be getting behind Iain and supporting him.
That's what I'll be doing, this will all blow over, his injury will clear up and he'll be pulling the strings in our midfield as we win the games required to get promotion!

Head up gadge ;-)

(02-04-2019, 05:07 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Being married doesn't, certainly shouldn't, stop you going out.

His wife and kids were away for the night and as a married man myself, that's a good excuse to get out with the lads!

OK, you shouldn't get into bother and I'm sure Iain realises this all to much now.
In his defence, but in no way condoning it........He receives a disproportionate amount of vile abuse concerning his family which steps way over the line. He shouldn't have risen to the bait and laughed it off, but when you've had a few drinks and some a$$hole is decrying your wife and kids.............

As county fans we should be getting behind Iain and supporting him.
That's what I'll be doing, this will all blow over, his injury will clear up and he'll be pulling the strings in our midfield as we win the games required to get promotion!

Head up gadge ;-)

Brilliant post Jamie.

(02-03-2019, 08:38 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Fact of the matter is he has been out with an injury for how many weeks now?

Going out on the lash and getting into certain situations is totally avoidable.

For your information.
He was out injured with a metatarsal injury.
An injury the club did not pick up at first.
It was only when the player tried to play through the pain, and having to train with the injury, the club decided to investigate further.
It was difficult one to spot, but now it has been identified , hopefully the player will be back soon.
Perhaps next Monday, score a hat-trick of 25 yard free kicks against the Caley mongrels.