Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Queen of the South Away
Don’t really know how to call this one, really tough hard fought battle last time and tbh I’d settle with a draw again considering our injuries and suspensions. Defensively we have a problem (unless we sign someone soon) Fontaine Morris Stelios and kelly all injured + Fraser suspended which leaves us with only Watson and Grivo as regular defenders to choose from . Maybe draper will be at CB again like last time, a defensive 3 of Grivo Watson Draper which would probably mean mullin/ Stewart and Midge would be required to do a lot of defensive track back as Wing backs, but considering they both have had recent injuries maybe not the best plan? We gambling with young Tom kelly getting his first start and Tony Dingwall at RB? Tough call. Lindsay has to be in for his work rate in this one and Graham’s still suspended so leaves McKay or McManus our best bet up top. Hopfully Dobbie is still out for them.

Fox
Watson Draper Grivo
Cowie Lindsay
Mullin Paton Midge
McKay McManus

Glad I’m not the one picking the 11 this week but I’ll happily settle with a 0-0 for this. Long journey down in January but Hopfully be in attendance to tick another ground off the list. Mon the county!

We're heading down, Dumfries is a nightmare to get to BTW!

Hopefully a decent performance, certainly due one!

2-0 County, McKay and Stewart with the goals.

(01-07-2019, 01:52 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: We're heading down, Dumfries is a nightmare to get to BTW!

Ah come on, surely we will survive the league at least!!!!

Surely we will come good in this one and get a win.

(01-07-2019, 02:28 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Ah come on, surely we will survive the league at least!!!!

Surely we will come good in this one and get a win.

Ha ha, aye very good!! :-)

Are the central staggies heading down to Dumfries? If so how are you getting from Glasgow to Dumfries?

(01-08-2019, 05:26 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Are the central staggies heading down to Dumfries? If so how are you getting from Glasgow to Dumfries?

There should be a small number heading down. There's a direct train to Dumfries from Glasgow Central, takes ~ 1 hour 45 minutes.

The trains that get in before the game leave at 10:13 and 12:13!

(01-09-2019, 06:15 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: There should be a small number heading down. There's a direct train to Dumfries from Glasgow Central, takes ~ 1 hour 45 minutes.

The trains that get in before the game leave at 10:13 and 12:13!

Cheers for getting back to me. We're having to go via Edinburgh and Carlisle to get to Dumfries at a decent time.............#scotrailsuck

Extremely tough test. I’ll take a draw although that will probably result in a meltdown on here tomorrow night. COYS.

Will be interesting. If anyone gets the team line up right I will buy them a pint, you may need to wait for it for a while right enough....

A draw here will be a good result.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

My team to play Q O S
Fox
Watson Grivosti VDW
Mullin Draper Cowie Gardyne
Lyndsay
Stewart Mckay
Sub
Munro
McManus
Paton
Spence
T Kelly
2-1 win to County

I was thinking more along this.

--------------Fox

Watson Draper© Grivosti VDW

Paton Cowie Lindsay Gardyne

---------McKay Stewart

With Mullin, Spence and McManus on the bench along with whatever youth we haven't binned!

Line up:

S. Fox
K. van der Weg
T. Grivosti
R. Draper
K. Watson
J. Mullin
L. Spence
J. Lindsay
M. Gardyne
R. Stewart
B. McKay

Subs

Sean Kelly
Declan McManus
Ross Munro
Harry Paton
Don Cowie
James Wallace
Tom Kelly

1-0 down, not a good start Sad

Two now, just before ht

Time to go ball's out second half I'd say!

(01-12-2019, 04:49 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Two now, just before ht

Time to go ball's out second half I'd say!

Not good, not good at all. Oops, sorry happy clappers, I meant to say, this is a tough league, we are in with a shout, well done everyone for being at the top, can’t expect to win every time etc etch

What a relief . It’s only two. Game is gone however if we can continue to keep the score down then we can pretend things are not that bad.

(01-12-2019, 04:57 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: What a relief . It’s only two. Game is gone however if we can continue to keep the score down then we can pretend things are not that bad.

Seems to be the general tone at the moment

FFS 3-0

And now down to 10 men

[censored] disgrace. No excuses..... [censored]!

No way to put a positive spin on this at all.

So just goes to show we are struggling and if we keep playing like this will not win the league let alone get a play off spot

Abysmal, but many of us saw it coming.

At least it has let a few of us get away early.